Author Topic: the game is stuck 7 fps  (Read 4478 times)

rayano

• View Profile
the game is stuck 7 fps
« on: 2017-09-25 23:59:24 »
hello
i've been playing the game for quite some time, with pretty much no problems and i made it to costa del sol. i didn't play at all in the past week and when i played today the game was running super slow all of a sudden and i can't seem to fix it.
i tried deactivating some mods, overwriting unpatching repatching in the converter. also i tried running the unmodded game and still got the same results.
anyone else having the same problem is there anyway to fix it?
thank you

ps: is it possible to reinstall ff7 without having to download the mods again

« Last Edit: 2017-09-26 00:01:14 by rayano »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: the game is stuck 7 fps
« Reply #1 on: 2017-09-26 01:37:42 »
Is it that speed in all modules (menu, field, WM, battle)?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-09-26 07:14:34 »
Long time ago I had the problem that my old PC (Win7) started two instances of FF7 or was it that I need to start it two times to run the game. Anyway I had to open the task manager and had to kill a process (I guess it was run32.dll). Nowadays, I get slowdowns when my operating system was too long active, which easily happens because I play on a notebook. So a reboot can sometimes solve fps drops for me. I should also note that DLPB's Reunion mod comes with a new frame limiter (don't mix that with the 60FPS option), which also helps to stabilize frames.

BTW. the game performs differently in the different modules:
Field - 30 (FMV drop them to 15)
Battle - 15
Menu - 60
World - 30
The Rest - 30 or 60

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2017-09-26 13:15:32 »
I should also note that DLPB's Reunion mod comes with a new frame limiter (don't mix that with the 60FPS option), which also helps to stabilize frames.

Do you, by any chance, have this in an IRO format to import, or just 7H working on top of a Reunion installed game folder?

rayano

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-09-26 15:23:43 »
hello again thanks for your replies
Is it that speed in all modules (menu, field, WM, battle)?
  i only checked in field and world map but the slowdown happens as soon as i start the game and doesn't go away.

Long time ago I had the problem that my old PC (Win7) started two instances of FF7 or was it that I need to start it two times to run the game. Anyway I had to open the task manager and had to kill a process (I guess it was run32.dll). Nowadays, I get slowdowns when my operating system was too long active, which easily happens because I play on a notebook. So a reboot can sometimes solve fps drops for me. I should also note that DLPB's Reunion mod comes with a new frame limiter (don't mix that with the 60FPS option), which also helps to stabilize frames.

BTW. the game performs differently in the different modules:
Field - 30 (FMV drop them to 15)
Battle - 15
Menu - 60
World - 30
The Rest - 30 or 60
other games are working fine for me so i don't think this is the problem, i'm using the reunion mod that came with 7th heaven and i don't see a frame limiter. also i'm aware that the fps is different for each module.
i did a system restore and reinstalled the game but still not fixed.

any other ideas?
« Last Edit: 2017-09-26 15:35:38 by Covarr »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-09-26 19:02:06 »
You have to install the Reunion mod from DLPB. The 7H version is based on R03 and hasn't the new limiter. Though, this isn't your problem, there is something else what is causing the slow downs. Did you update your graphic driver, since the last time you hadn't that issue?

rayano

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-09-26 20:18:00 »
i actually wanted to use r05 but i read somewhere that it is not compatible with 7th heaven or it might cause some problems.
i updated my graphic driver after having this problem.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-09-26 21:33:51 »
R06 will come with my new dll [and will be a separate mod anyway] - which has the limiter as an option. That will fix this once and for all.

rayano

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2017-09-26 21:43:53 »
the lag has been fixed somehow, when i reinstalled i let the converter move the game to "C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII" and this fixed it for some reason even though it was working before.

anyway thanks a lot everyone i really appreciate your help  :)

rayano

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2017-09-26 21:54:20 »
R06 will come with my new dll [and will be a separate mod anyway] - which has the limiter as an option. That will fix this once and for all.
oh that's great to hear hopefully it will be usable with 7th heaven.
btw why is 7th heaven using r03 instead of r05, is it possible without causing conflicts?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 2017-09-26 22:59:14 »
I couldn't get R05c to work in IRO format. The hex code feature in 7H has its limits when you're just pulling it from another mod, rather than writing it yourself to work directly with 7H. It was never written by DLPB to work with 7H.