Author Topic: Square Enix’s Hajime Tabata Would Turn Down Final Fantasy VII Remake  (Read 401 times)

sen

• No life
    • View Profile
GAMEREVOLUTION: Would you take over the Final Fantasy VII Remake if [Square Enix] offered that one to you?

TABATA: No.

GR: No, you wouldn't!?

TABATA: No I wouldn't.

GR: Can I ask why?

TABATA: It's something I couldn't make, myself. That's about it.

GR: Would that be a lot of pressure?

TABATA: Final Fantasy VII is a special game.

GR: It's the big one.

TABATA: It's such a special numbered game that I don't think I can remake that one. There's so many fans out there, if I were asked to satisfy all those fans, I don't think that's something I could do, 100%. If [Square Enix] asked me to make a new Final Fantasy and take it in a new direction, I'd be happy to accept that one, but if they asked me to remake Final Fantasy VII — to release as if it were a modern game, just released today -- no, I don't think that's something I can do. I think the only people who could do that are Mr. (Yoshinori) Kitase and Mr. (Tetsuya) Nomura.

GR: And you say that even though you did such a good job with Crisis Core?

TABATA: Well that wasn't VII itself.

GR: A spinoff... a prequel.

TABATA: Yeah, it wasn't the main game. Now, if they asked me to do Final Fantasy VII-2, that might be different.

GR: Which brings us back to your new project!

*Laughter in the room*

TABATA: We haven't got that planned!
The full interview will be published on GameRevolution later this month.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/350287-square-enixs-hajime-tabata-turn-final-fantasy-vii-remake

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • The Great Redarr.
    • View Profile
Wow, this interviewer is quite pushy.

Kaldarasha

• No life
  • Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
I would say the only people who can do it, are now with Nintendo. Kitase and Nomura do plan a reboot rather than a remake (I really could live with that if they would be honest to themself and to the fans who demand a remake). They should have given the charge of the project to their younger stuff members or even the team behind Bravely Default and should have given Kitase and Nomura an adviser role.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-12 15:27:28 by Kaldarasha »