Author Topic: Game runs cropped to top-left  (Read 1289 times)

SabaraOne

• View Profile
Game runs cropped to top-left
« on: 2017-11-15 20:12:19 »
So I've got one which I hope is interesting but not too difficult. I'm running the Steam version with 7th Heaven 1.54. All my mods are up to date, and I'm running with both Because and the Menu Overhaul (FF7_bc.exe) and I've got a strange issue. When I load FF7 from 7th Heaven, a chain of events happens. The first time, it crashes. I'll attach the log below. I don't seem to be able to attach files so I'll have to find some other way to include the crash.dmp the second time I get an obligatory Postprocessing error and the game starts to load normally, but the game appears to run cropped to the top-left of the screen. Interestingly, running the game in windowed mode crops to the bottom left. I know what this says about the game's internal display mechanisms, but I can't actually remember the terms (something about different coordinate systems.)
My equipment is as follows:
Macbook Pro mid 2015. It is bootamped to Win10 x64.
FF7 Steam. I've run the whole 7th heaven conversion steps and reinstalled at least once (I may have done it multiple times, my memory's pretty glitchy at times)
External 27" HDMI monitor (1080p) I know the monitor is not at fault (Or at least isn't the entire problem since the same monitor with a previous computer worked fine.

I've tried running the game on the internal display alone (at 2880x1800 and 1080p,) the external display alone at 1080p, and both displays simultaneously at both 2880x1800 and 1808p (How does a 8080p monitor run at 2880x1800? That's for someone a hell of a lot smarter than me to answer) and all modes have this issue. I have tried lowering the internal resolution to no effect. The game can run Windowed at 640x480 or 800x600 (I don't know what the default is, I'm assuming 640x480) with no issues, but windowed at 1080p crops so that only the bottom-left of the game is visible.

It is worth noting that the game is (I believe) fully playable in the cropped state (I haven't done enough testing to know) and the game is fuly normal when running through the Steam Launcher (Albeit looking like crap, but what more cna you expect.) Another potentially useful bit of information is that the game Escape Velocity Nova has the same problem on my bootcamped mac, though the OSX version of that game is fully functional.

APP.LOG dump from crash run
[00000000] INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.8.1b
[00000000] INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
[00000000] ERROR: unhandled exception

If anyone can tell me how to attach a crash.dmp, I'll happily do that.