Final Fantasy 7 > WIP

Final Fantasy VIII in Retroarch with additional shaders

(1/5) > >>

mikevincent:
Just wanted to show how it is possible to make old pre- rendered games look like with shaders only. No mods required, just play the game as it was meant to be played. This configuration is trying to look as close as possible to Waifu2x. Works with any ps1 game. Please look in at least 1440p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruRwL8Zwszw

hay:
Haha, you went too far! This looks like a painting, not a game.

Mcindus:
This works great if you're using the PSX version, because currently, you can't inject tonberry into a psx emulator.  It's a bit watercolor-esque, but I do like how you've given it the waifu thing.  I do think it's a tad much, but much better than nothing.

I currently use all Tonberry mods from the Lunatic Pandora pack (gfx), Roses and Wine (music), GeDoSaTo (SuperSampling in 4k), and Reshade (AA, Bloom, CelShading, TintCorrection, LensFlares)

My game looks amazing.  You should try it out.

mikevincent:
The thing is, I play alot of other old ps1 games, escpecially rpgs so thats why I want it to look good thru emulation. Here are some images with the same shaders from other games -

mikevincent:
Managed to sharpen everything up. Runs in native 1x res hence why the 3d models looks so bad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version