Author Topic: [FF7] Attack Additional Effects 0x16 and 0x17  (Read 1848 times)

Karifean

• View Profile
[FF7] Attack Additional Effects 0x16 and 0x17
« on: 2018-02-21 21:54:40 »
Hello qhimm,

so there's a few ways to change characters' Attack/Magic/Defense/MDefense/Def% bonus values during battle. From what I know they're only controllable through the "Additional Effects" on Attacks, namely effects 0x15, 0x16, 0x17 and 0x1C. Now the problem here is that while 0x15 and 0x1C affect the target of the attack as is right (given that they're from Hero Drink and Dragon Force respectively), 0x16 and 0x17 affect the caster instead. I would like to add magic spells to the game akin to the Persona series' Tarukaja, Rakukaja and Sukukaja spells (if you don't know them, basically think Attack Buff, Defense Buff and Agility Buff) but the fact that these affect the caster instead of the target is a bit of a problematic wrench there. And from what I know there's no other way to affect these stats.

Is there a way to change these Effects so that they affect the target of the attack instead of the caster, like 0x15 and 0x1C? Or is there maybe a different way to affect stat bonus values altogether?