Author Topic: Other Final Fantasy® VII formulas.  (Read 16004 times)

Other Final Fantasy® VII formulas.
« Reply #25 on: 2001-05-18 23:29:00 »
Thanks for the info guys. Do you have any info at all on what file(s) the data is loaded from?

Dry Ice CO2

« Reply #26 on: 2001-05-19 12:13:00 »
Wow, I thought I was the only math geek here... guess I was wrong. Or, more properly worded:

code:

if math_geek_count > 1 then
  math_geek_count = math_geek_count + 1
  if lonely = 1 then
    put "There were already math geeks before, no change here"
  else
    lonely = 1
    put "You were the only math geek here... until now!"
  end if
end if
[/quote]

I've received the Academic Acheivement Award for Grade 10 Mathematics in my school, so I guess I'm at liberty to say "I'm one of you".

And what's up with the Trademark and Copyright symbols? Are you a lawyer or something? Jesus Christ†, we don't need that here, stop wasting your time in charmap.exe.

- Dry Ice CO2

† Copyright © 4 AD Word of God Enterprises. All Rights Reserved. Any duplication in whole or in part, in any way, shape, or form, is grounds for being prosecuted and/or sentenced to hell.

[This message has been edited by Dry Ice CO2 (edited May 19, 2001).]

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #27 on: 2001-05-19 12:47:00 »
I suppose one could find out which files were loaded, the hard way... Start FF7, enter a battle, kill the program (not alt+F4, kill its thread so it doesn't have a chance to do anything). Then check the file dates to see which files were accessed latest...

oh wait, access dates in FAT are just the date... damn. oh well.

J*** H*******

« Reply #28 on: 2001-05-19 17:41:00 »
Message.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2001-05-19 19:39:00 »
Exactly the link I was looking for!

I didn't know Jari read this forums...

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #30 on: 2001-05-26 05:49:00 »
I be no lawyer.  I take care of bidness, not business.
No, but I do type as properly as is achievable.
ficedula, get on ICQ.  I have a speak for you about GoldenEye 007â„¢ and Perfect Darkâ„¢ (two of my other projects).

[This message has been edited by Some-Loser-Girl (edited May 26, 2001).]

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: 2001-05-26 07:08:00 »
If you want to get in touch with me ICQ isn't the best way. I'm at uni at the moment so there's a few obstables to running ICQ; one, the firewall kills ICQ now and then (resulting in lost messages). Secondly, the Solaris boxes don't have ICQ. I run an ICQ clone but it aint the real thing.

When I'm back home I *do* run ICQ but I'm not on as much then; parents don't have a permenant 'net connection...

So, you're best off emailing me. That always works  :) If we do need to chat then that can always be arranged; IRC works perfectly for some reason; go figure.

Ant

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2001-05-27 17:07:00 »
Perfect Dark eh?

I love that game.

can the rest of us be privy to it?

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #33 on: 2001-05-29 01:31:00 »
Okay.
I play online multiplayer first-person fighting/shooting games a great deal and long ago I had a job making maps for them.
I was once paid $60 for one of my maps for Starsiege: Tribesâ„¢.
Though the company for whom I worked (XGN [Xtreme Gaming Network]) has long died, my map-making love has suffered no such distress.

A friend and I recently embarked to make a complete translation from both GoldenEye 007â„¢ and Perfect Darkâ„¢ into Starsiege: Tribesâ„¢, Half-Lifeâ„¢, Unrealâ„¢, Quakeâ„¢ III, and such similar games.

This includes maps, textures, sounds, gameplay, guns, and possibly models.

I have been able to make 100%-accurate FLOOR maps out of GoldenEye 007â„¢ maps, but walls are a different story.  And I have a sound ripper I have used to extract all the sounds from both GoldenEye 007â„¢ and Perfect Darkâ„¢.
So I have 100%-perfect sounds from each game, and 98%-perfect maps from one game.

I was hoping ficedula (or anyone with the know-how for that matter) could help me extract the 3-D models used to make guns and maps, and the textures.

I mention it in these forums because it should be rather similar to extracting files from Final Fantasy® VII, after major modifications, and also because Ant wanted to know.

But the rest is not to do with Final Fantasy® VII so I will now be taking the rest of this to an e-mail to ficedula.

If I get enough help, you should be able to play GoldenEye 007â„¢ and Perfect Darkâ„¢ online with many many people in high resolutions and great framerates.

I have screen shots of what I have done so far if anyone wants them.  Use ICQ, but mention these forums.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2001-05-29 14:44:00 »
A very intresting project Loser-Girl I wish you luck with it! I have played Golden eye quite a bit and I quite like it. But please spare us from low res N64 textures? Well good luck with it. I shall keep my eye on you. Has this project been going on long? There was a mod for Half Life like this age ago. Or was that Jedi Knight? No. It was Jedi Knight.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2001-05-30 11:28:00 »
there IS a golden eye mod for half life but it doesnt feel the same, maybe too many weapons or no music?

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2001-05-30 11:29:00 »
there IS a golden eye mod for half life but it doesnt feel the same, maybe too many weapons or no music?

ACK!!!
damn thing double posted!!! NOOOO
i was going to make a new post for this, oh well

[This message has been edited by The Skillster (edited May 30, 2001).]