Author Topic: Why should I be authorized?  (Read 7000 times)

MMiller8

• View Profile
Why should I be authorized?
« on: 2001-05-28 22:38:00 »
I dont need to be authorized, lets make that clear.  The reason why you might want to authorize me is because I have been told by teachers, parents, and other people that I have exceptional writing skills.  And I don't mean mechanical writing skills, I mean creative writing skills.  I am fourteen years old, and the end of the school year in five or six days ensures that I will have plenty of time to work on the project.  Other than writing, i'm a little hollow...  I can't program or anything, but if you need voice actors, give me a call.  I will be looking foreward to this game.
EDIT: Upon looking back through the tech related forum, I saw that I actually should be saying that I 'NEED' access to the FF7 remake forum.  It's up to you weather I actually do or not.

[This message has been edited by MMiller8 (edited May 28, 2001).]

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2001-05-29 01:00:00 »
Pish pash. The story is going fine acording to them. I have a freind that had that said about his writeing skills. I good me self and I know FFVII damn well. But alas no the story is going fine they say. Wait and see. Just wait and see.

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2001-05-29 03:47:00 »
Thank you, Canealot, for your remark about my authorization.  However, I think I will wait for the word from The Saint, as Qhimm said would happen.  If no such thing comes, too bad for me.  Also, please remember that one mind can think up one thing that a million minds might never even think of, hence the fact that there NEVER can be too many people working on a story.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: 2001-05-29 06:34:00 »
why would they need a writer for a remake? All of the text is already there.

And if the remake is accepting writers, im a state language arts olympiad winner, and i earned a rating of excellence on the local standardized writing test. My poetry has been published multiple times as well. Thats my resumé of the past year of school. I also program VB and have solid math.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2001-05-29 06:45:00 »
MMiller8 , you have to understand that things are not run only by myself. I need some time to work with things, ok? I promise to at least reply to everyone i recieve mail from as soon as I get any enough opinions from everyone else. Please be patient, ok?

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2001-05-29 14:40:00 »
Any way as I have said before dont heitate to play though FFVII again and try to under stand the story behind it. I think thats where a story could be placed. BEhind the current story in gaps left by swqaure. And dont hesiste to put your creative minds to work. Any good ideas..write em down! Any way they dont even know if what they want will be possible yet. There still many many hundels to over come. Lts just wait, see and hope that they can pull it off which I am pretty sure they can. Got it? So hold yer hourses!

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2001-05-30 01:09:00 »
did i read that right???
Man, NO ONE has the right to say the SHOULD or NEED to be in the ff7 forum, period.

we have our hands full with story ppl.
and i feel the plot is complete.
only the details have to b fleshed out.

as far as im concerned im gonna keep an eye out for artists.

we really ONLY need help in the tech side of ff7.

thank you.
any requests should be emailed to TheSainT and to Qhimm.

saj

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 2001-05-30 01:52:00 »
A bit harsh ... but more or less accurate.

Skillster, he did say it was up to us whether he got access, I wouldn't have said he was being really arrogant!

I'd say, if you're at all technically competant and interested, we want you!

Artists (graphical; new music is a possibility, but hardly *needs* to be done) we'd probably want if they were good enough.

Skillster's right in saying plot development is going well, but I wouldn't say we need NO writers. If a good writer wants in, that'd be welcome (there's a difference between developing a general plot, and writing realistic dialogue for the actual parts of that plot).

SaiNt is the mod for the remake forum, so it is to him you should be addressing any requests to join (by email, I think he wanted). Just to clarify: We ALL (in the remake forum) get a chance to look at each persons work and say whether access is granted.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2001-05-30 11:23:00 »
yea
thanks for clearing that up.
fice; since some of your exams are over? hows cosmo development coming along?

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 2001-05-30 15:47:00 »
Some of my exams are over? Tell that to my lecturers!...

My next batch of exams start next Tuesday. This is not good. Don't expect much work on Cosmo in the next few weeks!

On the plus side, in about 2 weeks, they'll all (finally) be over.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2001-05-30 19:43:00 »

Originally posted by The Skillster
did i read that right???
Man, NO ONE has the right to say the SHOULD or NEED to be in the ff7 forum, period.
Boy, if I didn't reread this thread from the beginning, I would have thought you were refering to me. You do mean MMiller8 right? If it was me though, my deepest apologies go out to you guys.

I think we should be getting a few other "staff" members soon since I'm gonna have some free time this weekend. So I can finally go through some of the mail sent to me   :)

I'm really happy to see lots of newbies helping out since this will help reduce the interval time when others get generally busy. I'll try and get back to my FF7 work this weekend but my college work and lessons are really taking up a lot of time. I get lessons from 8am - 6pm everyday! My exams are really soon too thanks to the "Summer Semester".

Don't worry though, I'll find some time to go through the mail and some FF7 stuff   :)
Till then, newbie's show us your stuff!   :)

Skillster : BTW, finally someone with so many stars! Congrats!

[This message has been edited by The SaiNt (edited May 30, 2001).]

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: 2001-05-30 21:02:00 »
hey saint, could i get a 'job' in the 'staff' mapping some of the lgps or something?

Neo Bahamut

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2001-06-05 23:26:00 »
I'm not sure if I should have a go I have a great imagination and I am one of the best artists in my school but I'm guessing you already have lots of storywriters and artists.

« Reply #13 on: 2001-06-06 21:57:00 »
darkness: Uh, I'm not quite sure if that would necessarily be a remake job, per se. If you mean what I think you mean by "mapping" the LGPs, that's already in the tech doc.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: 2001-06-07 02:12:00 »
oh, aight. when will this tech doc be released?

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: 2001-06-09 07:51:00 »
can i make the website for the remake or something? Thats the only thing that I really have skillz in on the tech side.