Author Topic: 2x Stat Mod Q&A  (Read 4200 times)

-gone away-

• View Profile
2x Stat Mod Q&A
« on: 2005-08-09 02:03:47 »
This post is just to clear up some questions so i dont keep getting private messages.

Q: Your 2x stat mode edits ALL enemy stats right? Up to the very last boss right?

A: Yes, i also gave the very last one on one fight with sephiroth some challenge.. his stat's are maxed out full and his health is 20000 i think, but i will definately have to change that as one hit would kill you.

Q: I almost forgot..so the weapons must be unbeatable now huh? I mean, ruby and emerald..since the stats and hp have been increased right? Is it possible?

A: I doubt it's possible to beat them.. or just extremely difficult. But im still gonna try to finish it with it on. All creature's in the north cave are about just as hard as the original sephiroth. As a tip if you see a master tonberry.. just run like hell.

Q: At What level did you manage to be airbuster anyway?

A: Lv16. All three characters. His pretty insane. Wait till you get up to the elevator fight.

Q: Also, the stealing has been improved right? And the enemies carry the original items right? not the same as the potion problem like elentors.

A: Correct, everythings as the original, stealing and win rates are increased.

Q: Hey! your hard mode turned out to be actually harder than elentors..I mean..In elentor's I was able to beat the guard scorpion at lv7 with no problems..but with yours, i actually had to level up to level 12 to beat the thing! hehe..definitely more challenging! Im loving it!

A: Hehe.. i beat him with lv7 cloud and lv6 barret from a previous save game when testing it out. I used up all five potions and both phenix downs. the boss is lv24 double the original lv12 as the name states. Also i got killed of quickly after the fight by the first creature i came across. I restarted after that and leveled up to about the same level as you.

well thats all i could think of for now...

New Q: How do i get the file.

A: There is currently a link down below.

Q: Why did i make it. just killing time until elentor finishes off his mod. also the average level of creatures in the northern cave is lv50 so i figured if i doubled everything then i would be fighting decent lv99 creatures by the end of the game and wouldn't have to spend a couple of days leveing up my characters before the end boss.

I originally tried to up the difficulty/stats of the creatures smoothly over the course of the game based upon each creatures level and formula to work out the percentage each stat needed to be increased by but it was taking way too long copying the stats into excel and back again, (just for something i could of done in minutes in programming).

Yazoo

• View Profile
2x Stat Mod Q&A
« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-09 02:22:47 »
hehe..this 2x stat mode is CRAAAAZY!!!

I was finally able to beat airbuster! cloud lv18/barret lv17/tifa 14
Still I almost ran out of phoenix downs! Right now Im on my way to the wall market and I gotta say..the Hell House really is HELL now! Whole Eaters encountered @ sector 6 slums..well, when you encounter them in groups of 4..good luck!

What I found strange was that I leveled up a bit before airbster since it totally beat me up at previous levels and I was able to get barret's Grenade Bomb before the airbster boss fight.

And currently, Im at cloud's lv2 limit with blade beam and climhazzard and i havent even been to the wall market..still leveling up. Currently, cloud lv18 and aeris lv14.

Enemies are Insane!!! Theyre sooo FAST and hit HARD! I am sooo loving this !!!   :wicked:  :wicked:  :wicked:

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
2x Stat Mod Q&A
« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-09 02:23:58 »
So, uh, download link?

-gone away-

• View Profile
2x Stat Mod Q&A
« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-09 02:38:15 »
Q: So, uh, download link?

A: I can only email to people at the moment unless someone wants to host the file.

Yazoo: yea those hell house piss me off too. they are pretty easy once you have seal evil and bolt2 tho. be prepared for the fight in the sewers i wasn't and lost to the dons pet, all three characters where wiped out in the one go.

Yazoo

• View Profile
d/l link
« Reply #4 on: 2005-08-09 03:19:04 »
http://www.geocities.com/nmzdbz/scene.bin

Thats the 2x stat mode from smithie. Enjoy!  :D

Smithie: Let me know if you decide to make changes so I can update the file.

hehe..geocities..  :P

[edit]

Smithie, about the Ultima Weapon issue, I forgot that you fight Ultimate Weapon several times..I was looking at scene 248..I just noticed that Ultimate Weapon is also in scenes 71-72.

-gone away-

• View Profile
2x Stat Mod Q&A
« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-09 07:34:31 »
Thanks for putting the file up.

Ill be making a few changes soon (depends). I beat the elevator fight only to get cained in the one on one fight with rufus(cloud lv23, red lv24, barr lv23, aeris lv22). Ill change the level of the creatures but not their stats so they reflect your characters level closer or I might even change there level back to their original depending on how much it affects the game. with the lv23 cloud it takes rufus four shots to kill cloud and he makes two shots for every one of yours. so i could only keep healing myself to stay alive and nothing else. the second i tried to use my limit break he got me :evil:.

Does anyone know if the level modifier effects every stat or just damage dealt??

EDIT:  Just tried out the elevator fight with the Lv reduced to the original, it makes it significantly easier (too easy). So i guess i will only reduce the level of creatures by 1/4 this way it is still insane.. but requires less leveling.

Yazoo: Ignor my pm, i read your post before the pm and got mixed up.