Author Topic: ***ing me off.  (Read 3559 times)

Neubauer21

***ing me off.
« on: 2005-09-27 15:48:09 »
Right i posted here b4 and they ignored me sorta I have a 3.0ghz p4ht with the lastet nvidia drivers on a mx4000 nvidia 128mb 1gig of ram winxp (Can't download service pack2) i play the game for a while then i get a random crash load it up and is fine for a little while finally i managed to get to fight jenova on the ship and it crashes when i nearly beat him, The crashes are a blue screen with a problem with nv4disp.dll or something like that this is really annoying as i have almost beat this boss 12 times in a row and i'm getting bord someone please help me. P.S you can talk to me on msn for a more hands on approach [email protected]

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
***ing me off.
« Reply #1 on: 2005-09-27 16:50:45 »
Did you reinstall those drivers or not?

Tain

• View Profile
***ing me off.
« Reply #2 on: 2005-09-27 20:06:44 »
Dear god, that's almost a whole sentence.

Neubauer21

***ing me off.
« Reply #3 on: 2005-09-28 11:31:35 »
Like I said before which drivers?? no1 answered me, I reinstalled the newest Nvidia drivers and it got me from the chocobo ranch to the first jenova boss without crashing now it crashes again,I tried some older driver and all i got was really blocky graphics.

Neubauer21

***ing me off.
« Reply #4 on: 2005-09-28 19:00:23 »
All I want is some help :( someone answer me I've just bought a new gcard a 6200 greforce, someone help me out please..?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
***ing me off.
« Reply #5 on: 2005-09-28 19:26:55 »
There is nothing you're doing wrong trying to get it to work. It's probably drivers' fault. You have to download some older ones, install them and see if it helps. If not, try another one...

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
***ing me off.
« Reply #6 on: 2005-09-28 21:47:16 »
Do you know what driver version you're running now?

I don't know what these new 78.01's will do...
I haven't bothered installing them....

But with a 6600GT PCI-E card.....
The 77.77 and the 77.72, worked fine with FF7PC and the TNTpatch.

Nv4dislp.dll sound like a Nvidia driver fault. It's very possible that your card doesn't play well with Nvidia's reference drivers. You may have to use the drivers that your video card manufacture has on their driver updates. And that being the case.... You're basicly on your own....they use their own driver version numbers....it's near imposible to refer a certain driver version, unless, someone has already did the homework for you. (in other words....if someone has already went thru the headach of figuring out what manufacture driver is the best one.)

Eh...doesn't really matter I guess...... Just make sure that the 8bit pallet says fail in the ff7config test, and you can use the TNTpatch with no worries. If it says Pass.....you need to find a way to disable it. Rivatuner is the only program that I know of that will disable it if it's enabled. 77.77 and 77.72 have the 8 bit pallet off, by default. I think even a few driver version under those have it off, as well. That's why it's easier to just recommend those drivers #'s.

apenkont

***ing me off.
« Reply #7 on: 2005-09-29 16:27:24 »
well theres two things. First of all the fact that windows blames your video driver for the blue screen doesnt necesarily mean your video driver is actually the problem, some time ago I had the same problem, turned out my RAM memory was faulty... Secondly did you try installing the omega drivers (www.omegadrivers.net) they seem to solve most compatability problems for me