Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079025 times)

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #350 on: 2008-12-13 19:10:29 »
Yea i looked around there, i dunno maybe not hard enough

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2008-12-13 19:18:31 »
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhi0a16fREQ

This Video shows Jumbo Cactuar's location and the battle! :wink:

riryoku

• Aim: All Girl FF7
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2008-12-14 09:59:34 »
Awesome, thanks for this. Definately going to try it out!!!

....sheesh, I wonder if you altered the Emerald and Ruby battles.  :evil:

Edit: Yeowch, did you put Guard Scorpions crit rate up? Or am I just extremely unlucky? lol Crit after crit after crit....
« Last Edit: 2008-12-14 12:04:06 by riryoku »

Misunderstood

« Reply #353 on: 2008-12-22 17:04:56 »
Excellent mod, I amped up Locke, Theo, and Venus so they can be even more powerful and challenging!!(They were already challenging enough xD) Nice work dude :wink:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2008-12-22 19:34:33 »
Quote from: riryoku
....sheesh, I wonder if you altered the Emerald and Ruby battles.  :evil:

They and their attacks are both stronger, especially Emerald (although there isn't a big HP increase - their HP are high enough already); when the strength and of the monster and the base power of the attack are increased, the effect is massive. And one can't spam KotR against Ruby any more, either...

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #355 on: 2009-01-26 15:39:45 »
Well then I guess I'm done with this one (not that I've done anything with it lately). As I see it, the only unique thing with my mod is the added enemies and the updated enemy AIs. Everything else should be quite easy to tweak for anyone. What I'm trying to say is that I see little reason to continue this with all the tools and information available. If you're unhappy with my mod but want the new enemies and the updated AI, then I suggest you mod this one however you want with the available tools (or raw editing; whichever you like). Adding enemies and models isn't rocket science either.
There are some minor bugs considering enemy formation though. And there really is supposed to be a new model for the enemy in mt. nibel. Try fighting a bit on the bridge there and you'll see.  :-D

Post_ex0dus

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2009-02-11 03:42:39 »
Hey! I'm from Germany, too
could you pleasy send me the english kernel.bin? need it so badly :D
thx veery much

Ultraman

« Reply #357 on: 2009-02-12 08:05:59 »
I'm aware that ultima edition is frowned on around here, but really made me lol at what happened when i installed this patch on it. take a look

yep, this is a random encounter in the first reactor... first encounter of the game, which is usually the two guards was also replaced by a beach plug (i think it's called) - the beachbound enemy that teaches big guard. Was almost impossible to even beat that! lol. Also instead of guard scorpion, i was forced into a battle with 2 yuffies ('mystery ninja') and got totally owned :O
« Last Edit: 2009-02-13 20:00:25 by Ultraman »

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2009-03-28 20:52:37 »
Hello and first @ all: Thanks for do the Mod.

I was tring it only with "kernel.bin" and "scene.bin" and really it is harder! That's Cool!

But... wel..l i saw that you changed some other files (i guess for add graphics and animations) but i cant patch it :S. I have a just-installed data files and the "patcher" say that are "unknow versions". Well, i am playing in Spanish version (that could be the prob i guess).

My files have these names:
    - KERNEL.bin (should be Kernel.bin but i dont think that the patcher care about caps xD)
    - KERNEL2.bin (should be kerenel2.bin)
    - battle.lgp (same)
    - scene.bin (same)
    - sflevel.lgp (should be flevel.lgp)

The Patcher only came patch the "battle.lgp" but if i try it with the "battle.lgp" that i have currently patcher it dosent (normal ofc).

So if i only patch "scene.bin" and "kernel.bin" from the "minipatch" that i said b4 what i will miss from other files? and... Is there any chance for "tie" the patcher and really patch it?

Thanks for your time.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2009-03-28 21:09:56 »
Someone else had this problem, also using a non-English version. It sounds like the patch doesn't work with non-English versions of the game, but maybe I'm wrong.

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2009-03-29 05:08:26 »
Someone else had this problem, also using a non-English version. It sounds like the patch doesn't work with non-English versions of the game, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for it. I missed it i gues :P. Well if i only need the kernel2.bin for do it work i will try find it ^^. Thanks

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2009-03-29 14:04:57 »
Hmmm, I'm not sure whether a kernel2.bin would be enough; the flevel.lgp is also different in the non-English versions of the game (since all the dialogue is there). If it works with just an English kernel2.bin, that's great, but don't get your hopes up.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #362 on: 2009-03-30 18:47:24 »
Yeah now I added a download for users of non-English versions. Check out the 1st page.

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2009-03-30 23:06:47 »
Yeah now I added a download for users of non-English versions. Check out the 1st page.

OMG!. I guess i will love u alot. Thanks so much gjoerulv! Just downloading :D

EDIT:

Ok, downloaded and patching. But there is still a prob: the flevel.lgp file. The spanish version is called "sflevel.lgp" so i renamed it. The patch cant path it (is where all text are if i am not wrong). What i will miss if i dont patch it?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2009-03-30 23:19:56 by vegetamaker »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2009-03-31 11:00:01 »
Quite a lot; the data telling the game to take you to all of the new battles is in flevel.lgp, so you won't be able to fight enemies like Locke, Venus and Theo. IIRC, armorvil had a problem with the game crashing in the first reactor when he used the the scene and kernel files with the PSX version, because there was a new enemy in there (although that may have been because he didn't have the battle.lgp file). This mod uses quite a lot of field edits, so you might miss out on quite a lot.

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2009-03-31 11:15:54 »
Jum... So all files are 100% necesary for the mod. Well... then if i am very bored, and with the permisson of gjoerulv,  i could translate all texts to Spanish (just comparing and copy-pasting with the original) and, why not, improving it for a better translation (even if the pc version is better translaten than psx version there are alot bad things translated. Alot confuses with "he" and "she" haha).

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2009-03-31 11:23:56 »
There are some much bigger problems with the translation; the typos are just irritating, some of these can lead to real misunderstandings.

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2009-03-31 11:57:39 »
There are some much bigger problems with the translation; the typos are just irritating, some of these can lead to real misunderstandings.

Now imagine what things can be found in the spanish version when they translated it from english version (if i am not wrong xD). Thanks for the link, if i finally i translate it (even if is only for my own use) it will help alot! ^^

Edit: Anyway i should translate the spanish version first for use it in "normal mode" and after the "hardcore mode". Just for follow a logic order.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-31 12:57:02 by vegetamaker »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2009-03-31 12:12:20 »
I hate to think. I've heard that the German translation is awful, which wouldn't be a surprise. Chances are most of the translations are mistranslations of mistranslations.

Post_ex0dus

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2009-04-01 07:12:39 »
eer.. another question:
HOW can i defeat Jenova on the boat?? omg its so hard. my chars are lvl 31 and the most damage i can deal is 1300 with Shiva (only one time in battle).. but Jenova has 20.000!! and she's doing "stop" all the time which can't be cured.
do i have to train until lvl 50?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #370 on: 2009-04-01 07:19:48 »
eer.. another question:
HOW can i defeat Jenova on the boat?? omg its so hard. my chars are lvl 31 and the most damage i can deal is 1300 with Shiva (only one time in battle).. but Jenova has 20.000!! and she's doing "stop" all the time which can't be cured.
do i have to train until lvl 50?

You should sense her and see her weakness... which is "Cut" meaning Cloud's attacks. The two other party members should just heal, and optionally use limits to heal the party or damage jenova. Cloud should have the power wrist on to deal even more damage. The headbands prevents stop.

dragoone

« Reply #371 on: 2009-04-14 17:59:05 »
hey, i downloaded the game n the patch n appears a error message is like

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
   |G(dadada)update data   |
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
n down says
This contain Invalid Data
(Is my  BD¡)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #372 on: 2009-04-14 18:43:51 »
This is for the PC version only. if you downloaded it there is a probability for the files not being like the original ones. You downloaded the PC version? You followed the instructions? well it really isn't that hard.

All files that are patched can't be altered in any way before you patch (must be original).

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #373 on: 2009-04-16 18:34:45 »
man... everytime i put on the hardcore mod, and then the battle cloud model and the npc rc patch, it messes up all the field models... but why? i dont get it, i do it EXACTLY like i do it on xp (my comp now is vista) and there's graphical errors such as missing body parts  :-(

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #374 on: 2009-04-16 22:42:57 »
hmmm, I've never tested my patch with other patches. I know is that my patch doesn't work if the files are altered. The npc patch patches the flevel.lpg. I guess the problem is that it gets messy if you try to patch on a patched file. I was planning on making a patch that worked with the npc, but as I see the project isn't done yet I figured it would be a good plan to see if they finished it and then make the patch.