Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079201 times)

teggeta

gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #475 on: 2009-08-17 01:20:03 »
Got a bit of a glitch here. I'm at the part where I should go to Corel to stop the train, and I went to go train in Mideel to kill the soldiers. As soon as I entered the random battle at Mideel, the timer popped up and it said 00:00 and I was teleported to the battle on the train with 0 seconds left, and the battle ended right away, and Cid was walking around in blackness a few seconds, before saying OH SH&# and then the train crashed and I was in Corel. I walked to the world map and Highwind was at Mideel! So I was basically stuck and had to restart.

Btw: Does anyone else have trouble getting this to work with dzuigo's 9999 limit break patch? Because every time I get into a battle and try to go to my spells, items, or attack the game just crashes. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-17 07:25:58 by teggeta »

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2009-08-17 09:19:57 »
Whoa, that sounds bad, I haven't got that far yet so can't help you  :|

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #477 on: 2009-08-17 09:32:18 »
Got a bit of a glitch here. I'm at the part where I should go to Corel to stop the train, and I went to go train in Mideel to kill the soldiers. As soon as I entered the random battle at Mideel, the timer popped up and it said 00:00 and I was teleported to the battle on the train with 0 seconds left, and the battle ended right away, and Cid was walking around in blackness a few seconds, before saying OH SH&# and then the train crashed and I was in Corel. I walked to the world map and Highwind was at Mideel! So I was basically stuck and had to restart.

Btw: Does anyone else have trouble getting this to work with dzuigo's 9999 limit break patch? Because every time I get into a battle and try to go to my spells, items, or attack the game just crashes. Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds rather odd. I've never seen or heard of this, and it certainly didn't happen to me. You altered you saves with anything (jenova etc.)? It sounds odd you just randomly got the counter in a random battle and then turned to Corel. If I were to speculate I'd say you've got the counter on somehow in Corel, went to mideel, and as the counter still was active it turned 0. But this sounds quite impossible. A 2nd guess is that you saved at Corel, tried to kill those SOLDIERS, didn't make it, then loaded the game and turned to Mideel.

The 9999 patch works fine if you do it correctly I believe.

teggeta

« Reply #478 on: 2009-08-17 13:44:52 »

That sounds rather odd. I've never seen or heard of this, and it certainly didn't happen to me. You altered you saves with anything (jenova etc.)? It sounds odd you just randomly got the counter in a random battle and then turned to Corel. If I were to speculate I'd say you've got the counter on somehow in Corel, went to mideel, and as the counter still was active it turned 0. But this sounds quite impossible. A 2nd guess is that you saved at Corel, tried to kill those SOLDIERS, didn't make it, then loaded the game and turned to Mideel.

The 9999 patch works fine if you do it correctly I believe.

I haven't altered any of my saves since before Jenova*Death, but your second guess is correct. I loaded an earlier save and everything seems fine now. TY for the help.

storm20200

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2009-08-17 15:30:46 »
Can you please tell me how to get chocobuckle? Other than leaving Choco/Mog untill you have all four enemy skills. You changed L4 Suicide to only cause mini to enemies so I'm feeling pretty robbed atm lol. Will the new patch change it back or is there a different way to get chocobuckle? ALSO DAMN YOU TO HELL! I just got out of Corel prison and the harpy's kick so much arse there is DEFINATELY no way of getting aqualung before jenova untill after Disc 1 T_T

BTW, can you steal off an enemy, run away and still keep the item you stole? I've never been sure about that. Just wondering if I will have a chance in hell of getting 4 gold armlet's in nibelheim off the dragons ^_^

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #480 on: 2009-08-17 16:45:28 »
Can you please tell me how to get chocobuckle? Other than leaving Choco/Mog untill you have all four enemy skills. You changed L4 Suicide to only cause mini to enemies so I'm feeling pretty robbed atm lol. Will the new patch change it back or is there a different way to get chocobuckle? ALSO DAMN YOU TO HELL! I just got out of Corel prison and the harpy's kick so much arse there is DEFINATELY no way of getting aqualung before jenova untill after Disc 1 T_T

BTW, can you steal off an enemy, run away and still keep the item you stole? I've never been sure about that. Just wondering if I will have a chance in hell of getting 4 gold armlet's in nibelheim off the dragons ^_^

u can just take ur chances in stealing Shinra Alphas (six slots) from the Junon Patron near the Junon area (you should overpower them at this point by now)... altho the items are a rare steal

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #481 on: 2009-08-18 01:17:41 »

This patch mainly targets hardcore FF7 players so I'll try not to spoil anyone. Don't expect your game to be perfect, and, yes, things will be more stable in the final release. L4 causes Dual as well in the new mod.

[spoiler (highlight)]

You don't steal a Gold Armlet from the dragon anymore. And it's removed from the pipe area of mt.nibel. You encounter it in the mt.nibel caves, the materia caves and in the cave of the ancient forrest. The new enemy in the nibel area (not mt.nibel) holds the Gold Armlet for you to steal.

You don't need L4 to get chocobuckle. Any chocobo will counter with chocobuckle if you deal enough damage without killing it. Remember to feed it mimett greens 1st.

You know the Aqualung is an elemental attack. Hmmm... elemental + Leviathan. Or use adaman bangles you can try to steal from adamantaimai. Those bangles makes you immune to water.

[/spoiler]

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #482 on: 2009-08-18 01:23:50 »
gjoerulv may have changed/altered MANY things but everything is back to the way it was suppose to be... "item/enemy skill" wise that is why this mod's brilliant!  :-)

EDIT: oh sh*t! i should not have quoted that cuz now the spoiler is showing... sorry i'll "unquote" it
« Last Edit: 2009-08-18 23:17:39 by drfeelgud88 »

Karifean

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2009-08-18 07:59:58 »
I got a question: how did you get the characters' names into in-battle dialogues (SOLDIER-Trio)?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2009-08-18 16:43:42 »
Do you mean the names of the trio themselves? That's standard AI editing. Getting the names of the player characters is different. From looking at the Guard Scorpion script, it seems that after using the display string opcode you need to put in something along the lines of "EA 00 x 00!, where x is the character ID (i.e. 00 for Cloud, 01 for Barret). I haven't tested this, so I can't be sure; there's a good chance that I'm wrong.

I'm not sure whether Proud Clod can do this.

teggeta

« Reply #485 on: 2009-08-19 00:40:38 »
This patch mainly targets hardcore FF7 players so I'll try not to spoil anyone. Don't expect your game to be perfect, and, yes, things will be more stable in the final release. L4 causes Dual as well in the new mod.

What is Dual? I've never heard of this before, and it L4 Death only seems to cast Mini for me.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2009-08-19 00:43:57 »
Dual is like reverse regen; it makes your HP drain away. It's only normally used by Bottomswell

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #487 on: 2009-08-19 00:45:23 »
Dual is like reverse regen; it makes your HP drain away. It's only normally used by Bottomswell
for example, when you encounter that bike guy near the midgar area (idk his name)... when he hits you with a regular attack, he does the usual damage and then when he goes back, you get drained a certain amount of damage (only shows in the hp bar)... would that be an example of dual?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2009-08-19 00:54:22 »
Does he do that in this mod?

As I said, dual is like regen in reverse; instead of steadily increasing your HP, it reduces it. Watch Red XIII's HP (turn annotations off).

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #489 on: 2009-08-19 00:55:48 »
Does he do that in this mod?

As I said, dual is like regen in reverse; instead of steadily increasing your HP, it reduces it. Watch Red XIII's HP (turn annotations off).
yeah, i get you. and yeah, try fighting that bike machine thingy near the midgar area and you'll c wut i mean... unless its my vista lol but i doubt that is the case here

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2009-08-19 06:32:15 »
hi gjoerulv
is there a way I can re-enable the master materias?

thanks

Karifean

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2009-08-19 08:38:23 »
Sure, just use WallMarket.

storm20200

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2009-08-19 19:23:16 »

[spoiler (highlight)]

snip

[/spoiler]

Huh? Don't get me wrong I wasn't really complaining, TBH I'm glad you done that with aqualung as it makes getting one of the best elemental E.Skills harder to get. I'm finding the game very stable and fair especially with my training regimes. I get everyone to level 3 limit breaks before junon which usually get's me to level 30 but this time I just went for level 2 limit breaks and got around 25ish and still find most of the enemies challenging. Although I kicked bottomswell's arse :D

BTW one thing you should change. On the fort condor missions if you let the enemies reach the shack you find commander grand horn as you know but he changes level depending on which fight you're on. Anyway I thought him on the 3rd fight (get in the water with the dolphin but before going up the tower in junon) and he was extremely easy. I don't even think he hit me for 100hp and I slaughtered him with only cloud and physical attacks. I'm not sure whether you just missed him out but to me it looks like he snook through the loop :P

Thanks for the tips, I forgot about
Spoiler: show

the adaman bangles and would that enemy that has the gold armlet's be the that new enemy around the rocket town area just after mt nibel that is the enemy that drops Tifa's 4 slot weapon in mythril caves but recoloured?

BTW what tool should I use to find out what enemies drop when you steal off them? Just so I don't bother you every five minutes because I can't steal of an uber powerful enemy in time before he dies?
*cough big thing around fort condor that deals thousands of damage cough*
« Last Edit: 2009-08-19 20:21:37 by storm20200 »

Demarest

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2009-08-19 22:36:58 »
Forgive me if my first glance decieves me, but it appears that in order to play the most current version of this mod, I'd have to comb this thread (every page) and pick and choose files, and hope I don't choose the outdated ones.

Might I suggest continuously updating first post to contain links to either a current unified package, or current links for every file in the mod? Would make newcomers be able to get in the game quicker and can actually make bookkeeping on the end of the author simpler.

This mod's come highly recommended and I'd like to try it. But at first glance, it looks like I'd have to put more effort into hunting down all the links than I'm prepared to do.  :-D

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2009-08-19 22:39:45 »
Forgive me if my first glance decieves me, but it appears that in order to play the most current version of this mod, I'd have to comb this thread (every page) and pick and choose files, and hope I don't choose the outdated ones.

Might I suggest continuously updating first post to contain links to either a current unified package, or current links for every file in the mod? Would make newcomers be able to get in the game quicker and can actually make bookkeeping on the end of the author simpler.

This mod's come highly recommended and I'd like to try it. But at first glance, it looks like I'd have to put more effort into hunting down all the links than I'm prepared to do.  :-D

Um... He has got all the links in the first post...

You need This one and This one

Once you've updated your files with the exe, replace the kernel and scene files with the newer ones from the second download link
« Last Edit: 2009-08-19 22:43:07 by MXster »

Demarest

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2009-08-19 23:52:54 »
I had no reason to suspect that those were current. If a mod replaces 4 files, and it turns out 2 small ones from it were "bad," creating a 2nd link with just the 2 small files is a temporary fix until the whole pack is reuploaded. To leave it as such is both confusing and makes it look (to those seeing it for the first time) like it was abandoned. Or at least that's why I personally wasn't clear that those links are in fact current.

storm20200

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2009-08-20 01:43:35 »
Come on man it even says when the last update was =\

EDIT:
Hello. I've written many, many mods and had to administrate just as many releases, patches, updates, etc. One simply doesn't offer two download links, with same filenames, when one would do. EXCEPT when an error was found with the actual release; At which point you toss up a TEMPORARY fix while you re-release the actual package.

If you do not understand this, nobody could hold it against you. Now you know. That's just the way it's done. It maintains clarity, services your users, and makes you look like you have it together.

I don't appreciate A) you judging me because you knew something I didn't or B) wasting space in a dedicated thread to do so.

The last updated date is well before the last edited date. It is perfectly rational (keeping in mind what I explained above, and noting that the thread is ripe with multiple links) for a person to NOT know/guess that the links in the opening post are current. The author could easily clean up the text and offer ONE download for ONE mod, or if the mod has FOUR files, but some of them are constantly updated, make FOUR, PERMANENT links to said files and simply note when the ones that were updated in the background were last updated, while keeping a foreground post going to indicate a change was made.

All things to consider the next time you try to use your annonymous voice to slam a fellow human being. Good day.

Gjoerulv I suggest you edit your first post and put in bold and big letters "DOWNLOAD THESE FILES, THEY ARE UP TO DATE" because apparently complete n00bs can't understand it "There's too many links mommy what shall I do?". I'm not pointing fingers at who this is but he obviously can't understand that the first post in a release thread is 90% of the time up to date with the latest files.

P.S Get a life Demarest.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-20 03:09:58 by storm20200 »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2009-08-20 03:07:40 »
Wow, take it easy guys. Nothing to get all upset over

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile