Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1083569 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #875 on: 2011-01-31 23:33:18 »
remember those birds protecting phoenix? That's simurgh(s).

Yes that womanish enemy in the final cave should be manipable. I must've disabled it by mistake.

Ribbon is ok. Now it drops battery lol. I kinda needed a trophyish drop.

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 2011-02-01 07:21:38 »
Oh well i past those birds ages ago, and no idea they could be manipulated for angel whisper lol.

Yes it seems its been disabled, or i would definitely have that enemy skill by now :P

The prize is Battery??? Lol thats the most useless prize ever, i said Ribbon because there is no enemy on the game which drops it, and its only found in chests in the game, i was going to say Ziedrich or something, but armour seems somewhat ok at this stage, and already got all the ultimate weapons, im constantly having to protect barrett in battle from status effects which is annoying.

if you really wanted a trophy though, maybe you could make a new piece of gear if thats possible?

I was thinking something like a Ziedrich or Mystile, those kind of stats but with 8 materia slots, as the Ziedrich and Mystile is still pretty much like paper to some monsters in this hardcore mod, they just dont seem enough sometimes
« Last Edit: 2011-02-01 07:59:52 by Kylos »

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2011-02-03 08:22:07 »
Lol I can't use my beloved Ribbon... If i want to use it then I must prepare to not use Barrier's on the said character.

Damn you clever gjoerulv you!!!

Oh and can you still morph master tonberries for more ribbons?

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 2011-02-03 16:57:42 »
Lol I can't use my beloved Ribbon... If i want to use it then I must prepare to not use Barrier's on the said character.

Damn you clever gjoerulv you!!!

Oh and can you still morph master tonberries for more ribbons?

Yes he is pretty clever, made me think a bit more about it when playing through this mod.

I think tonberrys can be morphed, but they are even harder then before, so morphing them is not an easy task

WolfieeifloW

« Reply #879 on: 2011-02-17 01:09:03 »
Code: [Select]
Below log created: 16/02/2011 at 9:01:14 PM
PROGRESS:
Checking files.
 File check-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle\scene.bin
 File check-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\kernel\kernel.bin
 File check-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle\battle.lgp
 File check-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\kernel\kernel.bin
 File check-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\kernel\kernel2.bin
 File check-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\field\flevel.lgp FAILED!

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\field\flevel.lgp'.
Patch finished.
Time spent: 0:16

I've patched to 1.02, and started my game.
It had a bunch of green squares, and there was graphical issues.

I tried to patch your hardcore mod on, and got that error listed above.
I haven't patched Aali's graphic thing yet, hoping that will fix the green squares maybe?
I haven't tried to play again since I tried to patch your mod in, I can get a screenie of the green squares if wanted/needed.

EDIT: Before it finally errors and stops trying to install I get an error popup containing the information from the log.txt.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-17 01:20:07 by WolfieeifloW »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #880 on: 2011-02-17 02:47:03 »
It can't find flevel.lgp. Which version (language) of FF7 are you playing? Check if you actually have flevel.lgp in this folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\field\).

In case you don't know how to check I'll explain (just in case, I'm not suggesting you don't know how).

1. Open "My Computer" start -> Computer.

2. Open C: (you've may have named it something, but it should read "C:" somewhere). Double click to open obviously.

3. Then open these folders in order: Program Files (x86) -> Square Soft Inc -> Final Fantasy VII -> data -> field

4. Once in the field folder you should see a file named something like flevel.lgp. You may not see the extension (.lgp), but that doesn't matter.

To my knowledge the different language versions name it differently. For instance, ackording to my knowledge, in the french version it's called fflevel.lgp. I didn't know this 'til after I've made the patch, assuming the file names were equal in each version.

5a. IF you find a file with similar name (i.e. fflevel.lgp. And, remember, you may not see the extension, the .lgp part. It doesn't matter), rename that file to flevel.lgp (or flevel IF you don't see the extension). To rename a file, simply right-click, select rename and type in the name.

OR

5b. The file does not exist... which does not make sense since you obviously played it. If that's the case you should reinstall the game (uninstall 1st). EDIT: FULL INSTALL!

My mod and Ali's graphic driver is fully compatible. It doesn't matter which of these you install 1st.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it works or not.

EDIT2:

6. Obviously, if you found and renamed a flevel it's name needs to be restored back as it originally were before playing. If not the game will probably crash.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-17 03:52:54 by gjoerulv »

WolfieeifloW

« Reply #881 on: 2011-02-17 12:47:52 »
I'm not a total computer noob, so you don't have to explain each step :P
Thanks for the response and care though.

I'm playing the English version, as far as I know.
In my data folder, there's not even a field folder o_O
I have: battle, cd, kernel, menu, midi, music, sound, wm.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-17 13:20:58 by WolfieeifloW »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #882 on: 2011-02-17 14:15:12 »
Hmm... Try to reinstall. You need full install. Or you could choose not to patch the flevel. Everything will be fine, just no new bosses.

If you still not see a field folder after the reinstall, let me know.

Sorry 'bout the noob explanation. I've encountered some noobs before who don't understand computer basic. It was just to stay on the safe side.

WolfieeifloW

« Reply #883 on: 2011-02-17 17:16:04 »
Yes, I needed to do a "Maximum Install" instead of the normal one to get the field folder apparently.
The green squares are gone now too, looks like all is good!

Can't wait to get more into your mod, and actually have a challenge now!

If only I can get my PS3 controller to work on my PC now :P

Oh, and no problem with the 'noob' explanation, I used to be a helper on another forum, I know how it is :]

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 2011-02-26 21:22:11 »
Hey there... When cloud is at the top of the church pushing barrels for aeris to escape, one of the random encounters is with 2 red frogs that have stop and poison with each atack, making the battle impossible.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #885 on: 2011-02-27 03:27:52 »
It's only a 8% possibility that it inflicts any status. But I've gotten complaints 'bout this one several times, so in the next release it'll change.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #886 on: 2011-03-04 14:15:19 »
the point about that one is really that the stop never seems to wear off in time
or rather, the chance that the 8% hits again before it wears off and increases the duration seems to be 100% or almost
thus, getting hit by stop actually = game over

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #887 on: 2011-03-17 14:28:24 »
There is a new revision available with some changes based on the latest feedback. Nothing much.
Omega should be fully playable now without any bugs.
Locke, Venus and Theo's stolen items changed. The last encounter with 'em are harder.
Enemies in the final cave have more status immunities.
The red triangle you encounter in the crater (after geas cliff) is more playable.
The annoying hedgehog pie no longer stops you from acting (game over).
Poison ring also prevents dual drain.
Some typo corrections in scene and kernel2.
The heavy tank morph changed.
+more minor changes, probably not worth mentioning.

guywithquestions

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 2011-03-20 23:59:21 »
this mod has new boss battles??

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 2011-03-21 00:03:29 »
Yup. Even more than you could expect :D

KingRevenant

« Reply #890 on: 2011-03-21 19:17:36 »
I just began this mod yesterday and so far I'm liking it very much.
It's exactly what I was looking for, not an entirely new FF7, but a refreshed version of the game, that's amazing.

But just a couple of questions:
How many new bosses are there? Are they all meant to be faced on the endgame or as soon as you can face them?
Another questions, are there any new materias? (Didn't lay very much yet, sorry).
Thanks.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #891 on: 2011-03-21 23:31:52 »
New bosses...
Almost all summon materias got a boss on pickup. Except Shiva, Ifrit, Ramuh, Odin, Leviathan, Bahamut and Bahamut ZERO.
And there are new SOLDIER battles in the course of the game's story. On in shinra HQ. The train battles. And finally between Proud Clod and Hojo. Also in the flashback there is a new, but easy boss. Finally in the crater you can face Omega. A very difficult fight.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 2011-03-21 23:58:48 »
How do you encounter the 4 SOLDIERs between Hojo and Proud Clod?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #893 on: 2011-03-22 10:38:07 »
You're saying you've been there and didn't see 'em?
It's kinda impossible to miss that fight. Unless somethings wrong...

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 2011-03-22 21:24:23 »
No, I didn't got to there, that was just a question... How do you encounter them? You say it's impossible to miss them, so it's basically not a chest... And the fight on the train is totally broken... You can simply don't fight them there.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #895 on: 2011-03-22 23:31:39 »
Ok, then. If you're ever there, You should save after Proud Cloud; before you climb the stairs. You'll understand when you see it.

Broken? Too hard? Bug?

As I've stated many times, I've got several "complains" my mod is too easy (emails and whatnot). I'm kinda between the crossfire here lol. Eventually I'll release more difficulty options.

About the SOLDIER fights, most of their attacks are based on counters. Locke(Blue) counters magical attacks with berserk. Venus(Red) counters twice if physically attacked, while Theo(Purple) twice if magically. In the last fight they'll counter even more, as everyone counters anything twice.
In the 1st fight you can't rely on counters, but you can use several status effects on 'em.
In the train fight you should rely on counters as they don't counter another counter attack (no of your counter attacks are ever countered by general, magical or physical counters. It's engine default not something I added). The tricky part is to kill 'em in the correct order, if you're not overpowered and kill 'em anyway. Venus(Red) needs to die 1st as she can revive the others. Then Theo(Purple) as he can heal. For defeating them on he train you claim a free Ultima, and eventually Bahamut ZERO (which potentially can give you more Coin materias).

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 2011-03-22 23:39:31 »
Why "eventually Bahamut Zero"? What I asked is where you encounter them... I found your mod quite hardcore, but that's just me. I am not used to hardcore mods so this is basically hardcore for me :P

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [Release] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod. v1.0.3
« Reply #897 on: 2011-03-24 15:14:02 »
Nevermind that... Forgot you could dig him up in the bone village if you didn't get all the huge materia. :P
Anyways, a huge materia and a free ultima is worth the trouble imo.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod. v1.0.3
« Reply #898 on: 2011-03-24 21:33:23 »
Yeah, maybe. Also, checked the script and saw this is just after Caith Sith tells us where to go. You are pretty smart :D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #899 on: 2011-03-26 00:49:35 »
As I've stated many times, I've got several "complains" my mod is too easy (emails and whatnot). I'm kinda between the crossfire here lol. Eventually I'll release more difficulty options.
Wha? Easy? I found it quite difficult when I tried it out a long time ago. Then again I didn't really bother to level because I wanted to see the changes. How silly of me.  :P

Anyways, keep up the nice work; saw that vid on YouTube... Good stuff.