Author Topic: The Life Stream  (Read 4075 times)

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
The Life Stream
« on: 2008-04-01 23:47:22 »
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that in FFVII when you're in the lifestream (Tifa, and Cloud) It's a little bit too drawn out?  I mean, I know it's to show Cloed 'discovering himself' and all, but it just seems to me, that they could have missed a whole lot out.  The reason I ask is because I have completed the game numerous times, and was going throught that bit earlier today, and thought, good god, I've done this so many times, skipping the text I've read so many times before, and thought, half of this information is useless....
Ignore me if you think I'm needlesy rambling, just a little pet peeve I've came across as I play the game is all.  Still a classic, and something I'm willing to go through time and again, so I can complete this and beat the hell out of Sephy...it makes me feel awesome :-P

Xelane

• View Profile
Re: The Life Stream
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-02 01:09:23 »
so we meet again tidus..lol, you are not alone in the thought that that scene is a little useless, but i feel that there is one thing that is good to point out, and that is the part where you find out what REALLY happened in nebilheim.....nibelheim?......that place cloud was born, and i think that that is pretty important. but i do feel the same way with the other parts in that scene...lots of skipping :mrgreen:

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-02 12:53:12 »
Haha yeah, Nibelheim, but that part could have simply been done in flashback form, to show who he really is, the parts I mean is, the part with the well, and the part on Mt. Nibel, when Tifa falls, it's all good the first play through, when this stuff is new to you, but even as little as second play through, this part feels added, and unnecessary in my oppinion.
The part with Nibelheim is deifinately needed though, I agree with that.  If it wasn't there, we still wouldn't know.."I'm Cloud, from Nibelheim..."
We'd be left thinking he's some crazy imaginative fool or something. :-O

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-10 20:14:24 »
While I agree it could get repetitive, personally I really enjoy the little details about Clouds childhood.  It really paints a picture of who he really was.  And honestly, I think a lot of us can identify with him... who hasn't ignored the "cool" kids at some point because he thought they were full of themselves and wound up excluded from social interaction?  I know I've done it before.

Also the song that plays during the mountain scene when they fall off the bridge only appears at that point in the game, and is honestly one of my favorite songs in the whole soundtrack... its very touching.

My only real complaint about the Lifestream sequence is the dialogue, which you can tell suffers from a lackluster translation... if a bit more effort had been put in it could be more enjoyable.  Of course if they were ever to do a remake, this could be a really cool part of the game, lots of emotion with the VA's and all.

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-12 14:01:21 »
It's one of my most hated parts in the game, tbh... the first one is interesting, and the second one (during whirlwind maze) is quite short so it doesn't bother me, but the one in Mideel really pisses me off... even the first time I played...

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-04-13 01:25:42 »
I think the music is part of the problem for the Mideel one, its very annoying.  I changed the music with FFmusic though so its a lot easier to go through (used one of the Crisis Core tunes, I tried to fill in any parts of the game referencing Zack or Cloud's memories with Crisis Core music).

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-05-03 08:10:33 »
I think the music is part of the problem for the Mideel one, its very annoying.  I changed the music with FFmusic though so its a lot easier to go through (used one of the Crisis Core tunes, I tried to fill in any parts of the game referencing Zack or Cloud's memories with Crisis Core music).

I just done that this morning, and to be fair it does make it SLIGHTLY more acceptable :-P