Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Mysterious Unused Text  (Read 8809 times)

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Mysterious Unused Text
« Reply #1 on: 2008-05-01 09:59:19 »
Those ones in teh last post, would the Kyaa, not mean it's lines belonging to Scarlett?  Or maybe even Heidegger, even though his are more like Gyaa Haa....

jack.o.lantern

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-05-11 22:55:45 »
Sorry for the new account, I mistyped the activation email on my other one and lost access.

Griever, seeing as it's in the Midgar train near the game's beginning, I don't think so. Only civilians make an appearance there, not Shinra executives. "Kyaa" is a pretty common Japanese female's scream.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-05-12 07:27:49 »
Ah right I see, I'm not big on the Japanese language, so I was just going by what I see/know from the game. :-)

jack.o.lantern

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-05-14 21:41:57 »
No worries, Griever, thanks for the speculation. =) There's a bit more to come, so I'll post when it's uploaded.

For those too lazy to read it all,
http://berriblue.blogspot.com/2008/04/final-fantasy-unused-text-part-4-honey.html
is the most entertaining!

VanishedOne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-05-14 22:39:52 »
I assumed the scream belonged to the nervous Shinra salaryman (in a red suit). I don't think either of the passengers in that carriage is female—in the final version, at any rate.

jack.o.lantern

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-05-24 19:53:57 »
Final part now published! This one's long. Lots of debug text and developer's jokes.

http://berriblue.blogspot.com/2008/05/ff7-unused-text-9-ff79.html

E-Sephie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-09-07 11:14:01 »
Aeris also has a 'Stay Back!' before her death... puzzling...

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-10-24 02:48:53 »
This is an interesting topic.  They cut off some dialogue before releasing the game, but it still appears in flevel.lgp.

Jenova also has a line she doesn't actually use.  Quote "You are..." unquote.  It happens around the same time Jenova LIFE is fought, so presumably, it's a shortened version of "You are a puppet." - the line she actually says.

The game has so much dialogue as it is now and to think that it actually has less than originally planned...

E-Sephie

• View Profile
possible reason
« Reply #9 on: 2009-05-02 09:30:04 »
Well accordding to some people, Aerith has text after her death, is because they couldn't decide who to kill off, Aerith, or Tifa, so like when cloud is about to attack aerith and people stop him, could be what aerith would say to stop cloud kill tifa, but... one thing, i wouldnt know why tifa would be praying...

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Re: possible reason
« Reply #10 on: 2009-05-04 02:04:52 »
Well accordding to some people, Aerith has text after her death, is because they couldn't decide who to kill off, Aerith, or Tifa, so like when cloud is about to attack aerith and people stop him, could be what aerith would say to stop cloud kill tifa, but... one thing, i wouldnt know why tifa would be praying...

Rubbsih!

Aerith has text after her death because her death was decided before most of the other game details. The first FMV they created was Aerith's death scene (which is why its riddled with mistakes... i.e. Sephiroth's gloves mysteriously disappearing). The reason she has dialogue after her death (the only instance of this I can think of is after the snowboarding event) is because they didn't decide which point in the game that was until after the game details had been ironed out, then they simply didn't remove it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-05-04 03:17:06 »
Hironobu Sakaguchi's mother died and so Aerith was doomed.

The main plot revolves around her, it was not a last minute decision.  Sometimes translators will add generic messages for all 9 characters, even if 1 has long gone.  Ff7 translation and text was handled extremely poorly by whoever did it and so it is no surprise.

Having looked through a lot of the dialogue, it is clear some of it was accidentally added and comparing to the japanese script, 1 or 2 items have been added when they arent even in the original japenese game.

"Stay back"  is a typical mistake, the translators probably thought it was appropriate at that point, and later someone may have explained that this was not how aerith would have reacted.

It is basically just a mess of a translation and a translation team...they even got aeriths name wrong.  I think that about sums it all up folks