Author Topic: FF7VOICE OPENS A PERMANENT CASTING CALL  (Read 29149 times)

Mesden

• View Profile
FF7VOICE OPENS A PERMANENT CASTING CALL
« on: 2008-12-18 23:43:07 »
Welcome to the FF7Voice Forums!

We are a committed Group of individuals whose aim it is to populate the illustrious Final Fantasy VII with Voice-Overs, and thus breathe new life into a classic tale. Those involved have put an unimaginable amount of work into this Project -- On and off the Microphone. If you wish to become involved in this Project, post an Audition in our Forums at (http://ff7voice.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=12).

Application for Character Role or Technical Role to FF7Voice.

First Name:

Last Name:

Date of Birth:

City, State, Country:

Phone Number:
Optional, though Required if Accepted.

Terms to Agreement
Once a Scene has begun, Users will be tasked to complete their Recordings by the Deadline indicated in their appropriate Forum Topic. Once Accepted, Users will be asked to Download a Recording Tool known as Audacity. Before you begin Recording, you will need to adjust the Settings of Audacity, as indicated in the "How to Record, Edit, Cut, Name, Number, and Upload Lines" Thread (http://ff7voice.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4). You will then be asked to update your Sound Card / Microphone Drivers through the Manufacturer's Website. Finally, you will need to adjust the Settings of your Microphone and Sound Card through the Control Panel. This is vital to keeping your Recordings as Clean as possible. Your Recordings must meet our Standards, as indicated in the "Caution!" Thread (http://ff7voice.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20), under the "Information for Voice Actors" Forum. No Exceptions! Once you have Uploaded a Recording to the FTP, it becomes the property of the FF7 Voice-Over Project, at which point your Recordings will be Graded based on Performance and Technicalities, AKA the "Revision System" (http://ff7voice.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29). Any Revisions which have been requested must be uploaded to the FTP by the Deadline indicated. Your Revisions will be indicated within your Thread in the appropriate Scene Forum. It is of the utmost importance that your Recordings are completed by the Deadline indicated. Failure to comply could result in a Phone Call from the Director. Consistently running past the Deadline will result in Termination from the Project.

I, (Your Full Name), Agree to the Terms of Agreement indicated above.. I Understand that the Information which is shared is Confidential, and I will respectably uphold these Terms.

Character Role:

Availibility:
Please indicate which Time/Days you are available to work on your Character Role(s):

Expected Length of Time the Project will take to Complete:

Expected Length of Hours you will be placing into the Project each Week:

Online Contact:
Facebook, MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, Etc.

Online Demo:
While a lot of Roles have already been assigned, you are still welcome to Audition for them. You won't receive the Role, but it will provide the Director with a bit of insight as to which Role you may best suit your voice. To get started, simply create a Topic, then click on the "Upload Attachment" Tab.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-13 23:57:46 by Mesden »

Theclad

• Idir - FFDream.com
    • View Profile
    • FINAL FANTASY DREAM - Webmaster
Ouf !  :lol:
The project isn't dead, I was affraid of, because it's for me, the best project from fans about FINAL FANTASY VII.

Did you accept a 18 years old french for Palmer ?

I'm waiting to see a technical demo of this project ! :)
« Last Edit: 2008-12-20 07:25:23 by Mesden »

Graycascade

Yay for fresh starts!
« Last Edit: 2008-12-20 07:25:07 by Mesden »

Mesden

• View Profile
IMPORTANT: The Audition Dates have been Changed because of a conflict of Schedule. Those who are still interested in Auditioning, please refer to Audition Dates above for the new Schedule.
« Last Edit: 2008-12-20 07:25:35 by Mesden »

KaySpace

I'm not happy - not so much in the fact that i've been kicked off the project, but because you don't seem to account for people with legitimate reasons for missing deadlines.

It's a little hurtful, really.

Mesden

• View Profile
I can't account for what Berri said to you KaySpace, I was a little surprised she said those things without talking to me first.

Graycascade

Kayspace, it's a shame you couldn't stay with it; I thought your Scarlett was pretty darn cool.

Mesden

• View Profile
Yeah.. I would have at the very least asked you for an ETA of Completion. You're welcome to Audition with us in January if you want to try for Tifa though.

JordieBo

• View Profile
Okay, I know i keep saying this, but I'm being help up by uploading scene two because of personal reasons. I will explain to you Mesden on MSN.
But the gist of it is that i can only upload them on my sisters laptop, which only comes around every full moon >.>
So, PLEASE don't think i've run away and put Wedge up there too! Just a polite notice.
Thanks!

Mesden

• View Profile
Happy New Year everyone. Don't forget the Auditions!

KaySpace

I'll be there tonight, or rather, this morning - since for some reason the auditions are stupid o clock British time~!!
I will be able to get back on track for this project, if we're starting from square one. My intimidating backlog was what drove me off last time.

I still have my lines from scene 1, by the way - would I need to change these?
I bet you'll be surprised that I actually record on a good microphone! My home mic is a standard laptop mic, but being a member of a band has it's perks, hahaa..

It's scary standing behind a microphone with JordieBo making funny noises at you.

JordieBo

• View Profile
Yes but KaySpace, those noises JordieBo makes, their the noises of love!
Brown paper, white paper
Stick it together with tape
The tape of love~
Anyway, I don't really make noises, that's the babies I hide in my socks.
ANYHOW, so this message isn't spam :
I really wanna audition for minor roles, but my craptop doesn't have a working mic, is there anyway to get around that? Cause when I actually record my proper lines they will be studio quality, the same as KaySpaces.

themateoflink

• View Profile
I'm quite interedted in auditioning for a role, but I live in Britain, and those times could be a tad difficult for me.
At time of posting, it's 10:47am in Pacific time (assuming Google is correct =P)
But, er... it's about 2AM over here at thtat time, and whilst I'd gladly stay up for this, my internet isn't so forgiving; it tends to live from 10am to 10pm. Don't suppose there would be any chance of an extension?

Mesden

• View Profile
Going to hold more Auditions on the 7th from 2PM - 4PM Pacific for the Brits who couldn't make it on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th.

themateoflink

• View Profile
That's much easier for me. Much thanks.

Graycascade

Re: FINAL AUDITIONS ON JAN. 7TH FROM 2PM - 4PM PACIFIC TIME.
« Reply #15 on: 2009-01-10 18:29:04 »
so how did the auditions go?  I never could get my mic to work; I'll have to go do some shopping.

RMonterosso

« Reply #16 on: 2009-02-20 14:39:50 »
I am just wondering if you have any charachters that need to be voiced availible? If so, I would be more then happy to help. I really want this Project to be released
Drop me an e-mail.

blue_jjb

« Reply #17 on: 2009-02-28 16:33:13 »
Hey i know im late but i just found this and i'd love to put my name down if there are any male voices left. I'm british but can easily do different types of american and many other accents if needed

If your interesdted send me an E-mail ([email protected])

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: FF7VOICE OPENS A PERMANENT CASTING CALL
« Reply #18 on: 2009-05-31 04:37:10 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwQQzu60dNM  I believe Mesden is the one leading this project?  or was leading?  Anyways the voice actors (with the exception of Cloud) are pretty spot on!  So if you are still needing voice actors you may want to get in contact with them.

Also, is this still alive?

birdparade

« Reply #19 on: 2009-05-31 08:47:41 »
i've been wondering if this is still alive as well.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-05-31 22:44:27 »
Same, that video was pretty damn good (minus cloud) If they make the game sound like this. MAN it would kick so much ass

« Reply #21 on: 2009-05-31 22:46:02 »
I thought Cloud was off as well ^.^

I really liked the Aeris's voice......

I agree hellbringer616 this would be amazing :D

Calavera

« Reply #22 on: 2009-06-06 17:29:13 »
That video is actually unrelated to the project, though it was pretty well made.

The only video that has been released for the ff7voice project can be found here, though some of the voices in that video will be changing as voice actors have changed for some of those characters since the video was made.

The project is still moving forward, albeit slowly.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-06-06 20:02:35 »
Barret definitely needs replacing, or maybe some acting lessons.  Everyone else seems to sound just fine... well.. Cloud sounds kind of strange, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

When you say this project is coming along slowly... just how slow are we talking?

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009-06-06 23:48:25 »
like a snail? lol just joking  :-D