Author Topic: Biturn  (Read 9067 times)

Anonymous

Biturn
« on: 2003-08-30 09:18:06 »
Ok i'm a Maya user and wanted to do a project involving the ff7 chars, so i got the cd files form a friend and got the extraction stuff etc, got what i needed to the folder, and used Biturn to convert to a usable format. However, when i try to open any of the diff formats in milkshape it crashes the program, until i got to the milkshape ascii format and turned off materials and it came in fine. I figured to do that because when i tried importing the obj and 3ds formats it said multiple faces are in multiple diff groups then would error when i said procede. I can now get the models into maya by takin just the mesh in milk and makin an obj of that but (the one i been trying was the hi res cloud, i dunno if its just cause its the hi res, i'm too tired to try the others right now) it wont load up into maya in each of its pieces, it combines it all, and thats a problem because some parts are going through the body etc, i want to get him standing up straight default so i wont have problems with all that i want to do.

Anyone help??

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Biturn
« Reply #1 on: 2003-08-30 12:07:13 »
I'll try, as an author of Biturn :)

So i can't help you with it, if it cannot open any of the exported files... then no luck. Best would be if i would add Maya support to Biturn. Could you please send me any (not too big) .ma (maya ascii) and .mb (maya binary) files ? I'll try to figure them out.
By the way, could you tell me if maya supports Vertex Colours ?
Truth is that Milkshape is crappy program (from programmers side, in my opinion) because it supports only one material in one object. But im developing new version, which can split objects by materials and other usefull functions, so milkshape and .OBJ files are saved allright. Its almost finished, i will release it in few weeks.

And please mail me those files, thanks !

Anonymous

Biturn
« Reply #2 on: 2003-08-30 20:44:06 »
It can't open them because of the materials, the obj i made that had no materials loaded up just fine, though maya had a problem with the groups as i descirbed before.
I'll send an ma and mb to your email. I dont know if it supports vertex colors i'm pretty new to it (couple months) so i dont know the technical stuff.
I have milkshape for 3 reasons, its free, it loads up in bout 2 seconds, and because it can import/export about a billion formats. So i simply use it to convert things from one format to another. I dont even know how to move a vertex in that program. :-P

mirex

• View Profile
Biturn
« Reply #3 on: 2003-08-31 17:59:19 »
hehe :) ok, but for your information, if you pass ff7 models through milkshape they will look ugly-flatty, because of milkshape's unsupporting of vertex colours.
I'll work on better milkshape exporting as soon as i find some free time.

Anonymous

Biturn
« Reply #4 on: 2003-08-31 21:22:28 »
Well since i cant get them into maya without passin through milkshape guess i'll just have to live with it.

Richard Kain

Blender
« Reply #5 on: 2004-08-17 15:07:57 »
Mirex, I don't suppose there's any chance that you could make biturn compatible with Blender? Its an open-source 3D program, so any information you need has already been documented and would be very easy to acquire. In fact, I can probably use Biturn right now to convert FF7 char models into a format that Blender could read. But what I am most interested in is a way to convert 3D models in Blender into the .p format. Blender supports bone animation, vertex colors, texturing, and just about anything else you could want. It even supports programming of plugins using Python scripting. Its probably just wishful thinking on my part, but if you are at all curious, check it out at www.blender3d.org

If there was going to be a 3D model editing program for FF7, FF8, etc... it would probably be best if it was an open source (and free) program.

mirex

• View Profile
Biturn
« Reply #6 on: 2004-08-18 06:40:32 »
Yes i was thinking about blender, but i haven't got to it yet, because of lack of time.

But we still cannot create new /modify old P files that would FF7 engine handle.

Abiko_Tatsukani

Biturn
« Reply #7 on: 2005-04-12 02:52:42 »
I need help with Biturn... I run it, and I use the files from the PS version of FF7... and when I go to load the bodies, they're "mangled" limbs angled entirely wrong, head embedded in the chest, shoulders disjointed from the arms... its horrible! What do I do to fix it (and I hope this doesn't require buying the PC version, as that would just be a pain in the bottom)

mirex

• View Profile
Biturn
« Reply #8 on: 2005-04-13 08:56:08 »
1) forum rules say you should not ressurrect old topics, but start a new one instead.
2) you cannot do anything, PS support is just so-so ... biturn could not load PS animations ... so till now it works ok only with PC models. You can do one thing, you can animate them by yourself to get them into proper position. Use your modelling program.

Abiko_Tatsukani

Biturn
« Reply #9 on: 2005-04-13 21:34:25 »
First of all, dude, seriously, you're an author, you should help, not just be like "Harumph the rules say this blah blah" Yeah I respect the rules, and I didn't note that this topic was as old as it was, I AM a new member after all mr snooty. Second of all, why in god's name does almost no one support the PS version when the PC version is just a lazy remake of the game. PS owns it. And considering the work that Cyb did to get as far as he did proves that he should be working on the program, and not you ;), btw, biturn sucks.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Biturn
« Reply #10 on: 2005-04-13 23:49:38 »
Quote from: Abiko_Tatsukani
First of all, dude, seriously, you're an author, you should help, not just be like "Harumph the rules say this blah blah" Yeah I respect the rules, and I didn't note that this topic was as old as it was, I AM a new member after all mr snooty. Second of all, why in god's name does almost no one support the PS version when the PC version is just a lazy remake of the game. PS owns it. And considering the work that Cyb did to get as far as he did proves that he should be working on the program, and not you ;), btw, biturn sucks.

If he didn't point out the rules, you might have just brought up another old thread next.  He didn't say anything mean, just pointed them out.

And, most of the people here are quite busy with things in their "real life" and may not have time to offer support to people who want to use their programs beyond their original intention (you may notice that many people here use the PC version of FF7, the programs on Qhimm's site were made for the PC version, etc...), and are by no means obligated to (especially since you don't have to pay anything to use them).  Insults are certainly not necessary; warning issued.

mirex

• View Profile
Biturn
« Reply #11 on: 2005-04-15 06:59:42 »
Abiko_Tatsukani:
- I pointed out the rules only in point 1, and then I tried to help in point 2.
- Why do I support only PC version ? Question is why do you want to play with PS version when everyone supports PC version ? I have PC version. PS is too expensive for me to buy, and PC is better for me than PS. You cannot program on PS.
- Hmm I think that Cyb is working on his software (it was called something like TV, im not sure), and I'm working on my software, whats your problem with it ? As far as I know PS animations were not decoded yet, so they cannot be supported in Biturn. I know Biturn sucks in many ways, but its also good in many ways, realize it and shut up.

Abiko_Tatsukani

Biturn
« Reply #12 on: 2005-05-07 05:24:44 »
Its only good if you wanna see mangled bodies ;) Anyhow, seriously, I'm not the only one here who needs to chill, so get off your throne sweetie. <3 And telling me the PS version isn't supported by many isn't exactly help either. You need to start thinking of others instead of just your cramped stick-up-ass self. <3 (Pardon me there, but he needed to hear the truth) Oh, and if I get banned for this, I really don't care.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Biturn
« Reply #13 on: 2005-05-07 05:39:40 »
Quote from: Abiko_Tatsukani
Its only good if you wanna see mangled bodies ;) Anyhow, seriously, I'm not the only one here who needs to chill, so get off your throne sweetie.

If being on a throne means telling someone why they are being ignorant, trying to help them, and stating the forum rules I think he should remain there.. He's doing a damn good job of being king.

<3 And telling me the PS version isn't supported by many isn't exactly help either.

Maybe its of no help, but it's the truth.. What do you want? If it's not supported it's not supported. How is it not of help? That is vital information to your cause.

You need to start thinking of others instead of just your cramped stick-up-ass self.

He is thinking of others. Trying to explain the forum rules, and help a new person is thinking of others..

<3 (Pardon me there, but he needed to hear the truth) Oh, and if I get banned for this, I really don't care.

The truth? The truth is that you are new.. You asked for information, and he gave it to you.. He told you you were breaking forum rules which you acted like an ass about.. You also never EVER tell an author of a software program that they NEED to do something.. You request politely.. If your lucky they will go back to coding their application.

You acted like an ass when he did nothing to you. If you dont care whether or not you get banned then why the hell are you still here?

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
Biturn
« Reply #14 on: 2005-05-07 20:56:12 »
How did a "guest" post a topic/reply ?  When I was a guest I could do no such thing!  Unless his alias is guest...

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
Biturn
« Reply #15 on: 2005-05-07 22:00:27 »
They used to be able to, until crap started flying. Guests that is.

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
Biturn
« Reply #16 on: 2005-05-08 00:15:29 »
Dude! this topic is like 2 years old! Good thing I didn't revive it... :z