Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam]SeeDReborn v4.1 Multi-Language [NEW! More Options!] (5/22/19)  (Read 558015 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Ok I was looking into this out of curiosity and those last screenshots of the colored menu just made me make a hole in my desktop HOLLY DAMN THAT LOOKS AMAZING! I which it was possible to have a slider so we could do more customization without having to edit it with external programs like photoshop

just Woah!

Oh you think that looks good do you? ;)
What about this?

« Last Edit: 2019-05-18 23:58:21 by Mcindus »

Idubaren

• View Profile
ok woah... which version is this for? is it available for the spanish translation of the game? would this break the achivements? how do I install this?

ok cutting short on the questions here hehehe. This Really looks sick!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
ok woah... which version is this for? is it available for the spanish translation of the game? would this break the achivements? how do I install this?

ok cutting short on the questions here hehehe. This Really looks sick!

This -will- be available in Spanish by next week. Until then, here is a little present to the community.
A (quite large) package of color options available for SeeDReborn 4.0a (soon to be included with SeeDReborn 4.1)

Unpack these folders anywhere, but make sure that once you pick a color from the list of folders that you copy the 'ic' folder inside to 'steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/textures/'
Simply merge the files and write over the 2 or 3 textures it prompts for!

SeeDReborn Gradients (for English 4.0a and 4.1)

ff7maniac

• View Profile
personally I love the last 2 colors I can not wait for all this out in french :D ^^

Idubaren

• View Profile
oh! great! but I'll wait until next week then so it comes out in spanish version :) also do you have an installer for this or is it manual instal? I ask because i don't know how to mod FF8 hehe ^^'

personally I love the last 2 colors I can not wait for all this out in french :D ^^

neither can I for the Spanish release! :D

---EDIT---

uhm... I think I'm having some issues. I downloaded the Spanish version 3.2 (and of course the base 3.2 english one) but I'm not gettign any colors and don't have the gunblade icon, which leads me to think that I'm messing up somewhere when installing the mod's folders, unless this changes where not on spanish 3.2 version of this mod which would be a shame :/
« Last Edit: 2019-05-22 12:39:35 by Iduabren »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Full SeeDReborn v4.1 release today!!!  Check the MAIN POST

Includes all languages with the 4.1 font and NEW Gradient color options for the text/menu boxes!  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 2019-05-22 12:41:35 by Mcindus »

Idubaren

• View Profile
oh great ^^ hehe well I guess my patience ran out a little bit early hehehe, now testing all the colors to see which one i like more :D thank you for this (and for the tutorial on how to install tonberry and mods hehe :)) I got a question, tho, how did you add that texture to the menu?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-23 15:58:58 by Iduabren »

ff7maniac

• View Profile
awesome :D it's just a shame that in French we just have alternative colors and not the custom. squall theme, high tech etc :(

Idubaren

• View Profile
not only French vers, Spanish also only has the color change without the cool textures :-\

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
awesome :D it's just a shame that in French we just have alternative colors and not the custom. squall theme, high tech etc :(
not only French vers, Spanish also only has the color change without the cool textures :-\

The foreign versions are all 1/2 resolution from the Japanese/English versions.  This definitely could be modified, but I'm no coder, and have no idea how to redirect the pointers to the larger files.  Anyway, this issue prevents me from being able to port some of the color changes with the desired effect, so I'm going to have to do more work on those.  Don't worry, you'll get custom ones -- as I see it, there's a few bugs in the mods anyway, and I'm going to have to make some fixes.  Since these fixes will have to apply to the gradients, I'm going to be working on them anyway :)

To French/Spanish/German users: Is this glitch free?  In the icon menu do the numbers show up as black?  If so, I can fix this for the update as well.  It was an issue with the italian, and if that's the case, it's probably that way for all foreign versions.

Idubaren

• View Profile
To French/Spanish/German users: Is this glitch free?  In the icon menu do the numbers show up as black?  If so, I can fix this for the update as well.  It was an issue with the italian, and if that's the case, it's probably that way for all foreign versions.

ok I can say that in Guide->Icons I don't see any number black, however in that same part on page 3 the VIT, FRZ, etc all have the original low ress letters. I've checked all menus and there is no black numbers anywhere (Spanish Vers)

ff7maniac

• View Profile
Well my menu looks like this, French version and mcindus what do you mean by black numbers? could you tell me or show me. so I could tell you if there is the glitch or not ^^

I did a quick edit with gimp with the English version I change the texture iconflmaster_14 for then cleared for 50% transparency

It's not perfect because I'm not a professional but I hope that it will help you for an update of the others languages mcindus ^^

and I think the gunblade cursor is a bit more pixelated a bit less handsome than the English version ^^
« Last Edit: 2019-05-23 23:45:37 by ff7maniac »

Squall_Strife

• View Profile
This looks awesome mate! Thanks for your hard work, I has using the old 3.5 version and just saw its been updated to look even better. I was wondering if it was safe to just overwrite the old version with this one or should I delete the old files and put the new ones in! Thank you.

Sebanisu

• View Profile
As long as the correct hash file is there it should work fine. It tells what images to load.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

estefanioh

• View Profile
Hello, downloaded v4.1 but canĀ“t extract the RAR file. WinRAR says "no file found" and "unknown format" errors. Just found the ff8 modding guide on Steam, and then SeeDReborn, and it looks amazing to me what the game can be with it. Just bought ff8 steam version to play FF8 again with this glorious update. So, any chance of fixing the file?  Very professional work man, thank you!

ff7maniac

• View Profile
Mcindus, I made the textures of HiTechGrid and Theme-Squall for all languages. I also made a grayer version of both for people who would like the pattern but would like something closer to the original windows color, so would you like me to send you a download link in private message so that you can introduce them to the post download on the first page or you prefer that I make the link myself on a post? ^^

Hazedge

• View Profile
I'm having a strange issue, like some textures are not changing correctly.

The LV and HP textures are still the vanilla (the cursor didnt change as well)

Alot of icons (elementals and negative status) and "Luck" status didnt changed too

I just copy and pasted the new file provided in the first updated post, plus the tomberry v2.04, am I missing something?

Whats the font name used in the interface btw?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-30 04:31:22 by Hazedge »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
well, I put the link if you want me to remove it make me sign ^^

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6a9uvy12zvt953u/Custom+FF7+Maniac+All+Languages+HiTechGrid+and+Theme-Squall.rar

NICE! Thanks! This is my next step for release (with glitch fixes for 4.11), including the other 'custom' gradients I included with the EN version, but it's really nice for people to get the option to use them before it comes out! In the first images you posted, there was a 'line' through the blue tech gradient, but it looks like you may have fixed it? Anyway, thank you for making this available for people! I'll drop it in the main post until SR 4.11 drops :)

ff7maniac

• View Profile
basically on the first image it was only a quick test ^^ then I took the time to cut larger than necessary and then erase and cut the line precisely so that everything is aligns perfectly ^^ it's probably not as perfect as yours i'm not a modder or a professional i'm just having fun with my ff7 and ff8 it's all ^^  thank you for quoting me in your post this is the first time I contribute to a mod it's my pleasure :)
once your triple triad mod finished for all languages everyone will be able to have the version of ff8 the most beautiful thank you ^^
« Last Edit: 2019-05-30 20:28:03 by ff7maniac »

Ryback

• View Profile
Hello I want to thank you a lot for this mod but the version 4.1 italian sign me that is in unknown format or dameged... Very sorry and thank you again for your work

Noctis_Caelum

• View Profile
Hey I'm confused, probably just user error but could really use some help- for whatever reason I have all the SeeD and Tonberry stuff installed, but whenever i merge my buttons folder into the textures folder and boot up the game, the game still displays Keyboard Keys instead of buttons... any tips?

Idubaren

• View Profile
I got a question: is there any way to mix the colors with the grids? I really like the Squal themed grid and the high tech, but i would like to use the color I've chosen together with those grids :/

Hazedge

• View Profile
Whats the font used to make the menu texts? I wanted to edit some special characters to match my language.

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
i dunno if its me or not, but the main link to seed reborn 4.1 doesn't load for me...like at all, is it broken? or my computer?.
Help please anyone, i have the lunatic pandora mod pack which is AMAZ_BALLS. Thank you mcindus now i want those sweet sweet menu's and colour.
Ignore me i figured it out. some reason my internet is blocking the link, downloaded it on someone else's.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-24 19:21:27 by gunner_1207 »