Author Topic: FF7 Voice-Over - playthrough request  (Read 5801 times)

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
FF7 Voice-Over - playthrough request
« on: 2008-09-22 03:08:20 »
Hey guys

I'm working on updating the script for ff7 so we can record the lines using the proper game text.

Part of the way to do that is to play through the game to get the lines.

However, my time is a bit limited lately so I'm looking for an extra hand.

If somebody could play through the game having a text logger running and send me the log file, I could add the missing info from that by messing with the field files.

It's very easy.  We have a software I'll send you that catches all text of the game along with the name of the screen you're on (field name) which you need to run before you start ff7.  After that, just play through the game and when you're done send me the log file so I can dig further in loveless.

It's not hard at all and shouldn't take you any longer than a normal playthrough.  I've already done from the huge materia sidequest up until the end of the game so it's only needed from the beggining until mid-disc 2.

Anyone interested ?

Tsetra

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Voice-Over - playthrough request
« Reply #1 on: 2008-09-22 13:39:02 »
If you're referring to FF7Voice, be careful with that as it doesn't quite catch everything. I noticed a couple instances where it completely failed to pick up a line. The way I was doing this, for completeness sake, was to have Loveless and a wordpad open, record what I could from Loveless, and when I'd be confused about something I'd Alt-Tab over and play to that point, then swap back to Loveless and resume. So just make sure you're not completely relying on the logger, if you're not then all good.  :-)

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-09-22 13:42:50 »
All the lines are going to be done in loveless since I need to number them.

However, even if I know the game extremely well, I need to find out the general order of the lines and, more importantly, what field files come up when in order to be able to keep the scene format we're doing now.

Somebody playing through the game and sending me the log would fix those issue because even if a few lines are missing, I'll catch them with Loveless.

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-09-24 11:31:06 »
I can do that for you... since u need only the dialogs... i can pump up my chars with a editor just to advance faster  :-P
From start 'til Cloud and Tifa's out of party at Mideel... I probably can do that in 2 days or less.

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-09-24 13:50:16 »
Thanks.

I've sent you a PM with the details.

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-09-25 12:56:02 »
ok i got the prog... not tested yet.. ill start it today in a while...
so ill need to gossip with everyone... can take more time than i thought...
dont worry though.. i have some time free to help you...
ill be posting my progress here whenever i can..

BTW, nice voices samples!! Strong British accent  :-D
« Last Edit: 2008-09-25 12:59:00 by LeeHiOoO »

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-09-26 00:50:23 »
Yeah.

That's not mine though.

Ficedula was nice enough to write a good proof of concept for us that proved it could be done.  Even recorded some lines to try it out.

He's got a sexy voice don't you agree ?  :-o

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-10-20 21:26:01 »
Hey guys

I've been without news for a while from LeeHiOoO so I'm looking for somebody else to play through the game and send me the resulting logfile.

Somebody doing a normal playthrough (not a speed run) would be perfect.

Thanks.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-10-22 14:42:40 »
I'll do it.

I won't speed-run it, but out of curiosity why don't you want someone to speed-run it?

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-10-23 21:54:21 »
Thanks.

I'll send you a PM with the details.

It's actually not that I don't want people to speed run it, it's just that speed running means cutting through some non-essential parts of the game I'll need the script on (ex: talking to the sephiroth clones).

The goal of the playthrough is to have the order of the field files and of the dialogue since we need to voice the scenes in chronological order and the areas in the game files follow alphabtical orders so one of the first areas is actually the scene where areris is stabbed followed by some early game stuff.

If you want to do the acting right, you have to put it in the right context.

That's why this is needed.

Again, thanks.

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-11-05 17:59:40 »
what?