Author Topic: Official Team Avalanche Suggestion Thread  (Read 52404 times)

Ryusaizo

• Kyaaa
    • View Profile
Official Team Avalanche Suggestion Thread
« on: 2010-07-21 04:21:33 »
This is a thread to post your suggestions on what you would like to see, in the projects being made by Team Avalanche. I created it as a suggestion of my own (with sl1982's approval) , in order to make a refined thread to keep down clutter, and condense suggestions. This will allow the Team leaders/members ease of access to the wealth of ideas you ( the suggesters ) will provide.

[Previous Suggestions]( These Suggestions Pre-date this thread)
i have a suggestion ,,,, can u remake all the graphics and textures on ff 7pc...,,, like world map, characters( all characters in the game),GF's and many more
Answer From Timu: Those are all things we'd /like/ to do, but expect to wait a very long time for it all to be done.

Mod Edit: I would like a certain format for this suggestion page. The idea is you post your suggestion, and either me or timu will modify your post with our answer. That will keep clutter to a minimum.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-21 05:15:31 by Ryusaizo »

willis936

• View Profile
Re: Official Team Avalanche Suggestion Thread
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-21 05:48:14 »
I think cloud's battle model should be riding a chocobo at all tomes.

Mod edit: I think you should keep to serious suggestions as this is a serious thread. Do not do it again.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-21 05:51:38 by sl1982 »

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-21 07:35:29 »
 My suggestion after sitting here for a little while is to make own version of some small non-vanilla changes.
 For example different/more modern font/fonts, avatars, menus maybe even converts of battle models to field/world as an add to chibi's, some other non-vanilla mods maybe too. The idea is simple, those things aren't soo time consuming to do, doesn't require much talent either(maybe I back my words looking at some menus/avatars - whenever I see a pic resized without keeping proportions as an avatar/menu... I just think why somebody sign under release post with own nick;]). Anyway such non-vanilla ffVII stuff added to TA installer could clean the forum off constantly repeating questions how to add this and that as most people prefer to ask 20 questions than read a mysteriously named txt file "readme".

It would also make TA mod more popular as young people have different tastes and don't really care much about HD if it keeps style from late 90`. IMHO popularity is more than just filling needs of consumers, it also bring new sometimes tallented people that can keep project running. I have faith in TA, but things happen, people leave from free projects from various reasons, keeping popularity and interest on the project is a key to keep it alive for years.

Implementing things like battle scaled characters in the field would be intensive enough, as all teh skeletons would have to be modified to fit, and it would only work for those characters who have battle models. To create consistency, we'd have to make a battle scale model of every npc @.@ I've had the odd thought about bonuses to add muuuch later, as in when everything  (EVERYTHING) is done, like AC costume set for battle, etc but not really that much, and dont count on it or beg for it. It aint happening any time soon.

Short answer, we're sticking to the original.

More popularity of TA could also bring some overall light to FF7 "modding scene" which seems to be horribly seen as band of thiefs/rippers by many outsiders along with the most important one - Squaresoft. I would suggest also to announce the release of TA Bombing Mission somehow more than a release post on this forum. Contact some popular Final Fantasy sites or anything. I dunno really I'm not much into playing, so don't ask me about what popular sites:O, but as for me - I got here by pure accident with 0 interest in FF7 modding=].

We do plan to advertise ourselves a bit more, but i'd like to wait 'til we've hit the milestone of the bombing mission. By that time we will have proved to others as well as ourselves, that we can do everything that is needed. Until then, we'll take whoever comes our way.

I'd like to say that I don't think big advertising is the best idea.   Chrono Trigger Resurrection advertised and look where it got them.  I think word of mouth is the best option.
 Well so it ended in two suggestions with same overall thought:P hope it's redable more than a wall of text it nearly turned by accident:3.

Edit: Oh I'm far from requesting even more begging anything, that was my try to think generally and far from own expectations(I'm old enough to love original style, chibi etc.). Didn't know anything about Chrono Trigger Ressurection(through I even have original SNES with this game somewhere still:O), just I seem it funny that it's like only bigger ff7 mod trully made from scratch and can be harder to find than those ripped and completely illegal ones. Anyway I wish best for the project, thanks for answers. I understand it's hard decision to announce or not the project while Square doesn't officially support ANY modding.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-21 22:32:32 by Miseru »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-21 14:08:50 »
If TA is done and just want to play with models for fun, I'd like to see alternative menu look. They did the original so now I'm interested on what they can do to make it look better. Not sure if this suggestion will be taken since they're doing the project to look the same with the original.

Mod edit: I have considered doing something like this. But it will most likely happen after we are done with the main game. And it would not be a part of Avalanche as it is a different artistic style.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-21 15:52:33 by sl1982 »

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-22 00:13:07 »
What are we going to see in terms of magic and limit textures? Are there going to be improved versions of textures like jo_b03_00 (glow for the limit break) and the Magic glow?

Mod edit: Yes.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-22 00:17:07 by sl1982 »

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-23 11:43:11 »
Would there be any way to re-do the fmv's?  Considering it seems almost impossible to do I really think the answer will be no, but at the same time once everything's done, will there be any way that anyone would be able to improve those fmv's without replacing them with those darn blasted Advent Children clips? =P

Mod edit: It is something we are going to attempt to do once we have more game assets completed.

Con't: once the backgrounds and characters are made, some time will be put into animation, and we'll try n make the fmvs just like square did way back when.

Oh, another thing I forgot to ask is about the mini-games.  Will the maps, models and what-not be redone as well?

Its something we /want/ to do, and will try our best, but many of them are rather.... challenging to modify, simply cuz we dont know what the hell half the pieces are, for example in the motorcycle event, there are a bunch of objects that are more er less boxes, and ingame are probably peices of buildings and the environment, but its hard to tell.

I've seen some depth within the new field backgrounds in the reactor/bombing mission. Will you be keeping the depth of the textures? And will you be pretty much re-working the walking "meshes?"
« Last Edit: 2010-08-02 02:13:36 by Clodus »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-23 23:04:12 »
*Will the attack / hit effect textures (the puffs of smoke from an MP's heels, the yellow flash on the victim's body, etc.) be updated also?

Yes

*Will enemy flinch animations be augmented and expanded?

As of right now we are not changing any animations. Maybe in the future

*Is it feasible to improve the drop shadows of vanilla FF7?

Are you referring to the shadows under the battle models? If so, then yes aali is working on implementing true lighting and shadows, which hopefully will work with any FF7 (TA or non)

*Will battle backgrounds still have their meshes (?) tweaked (see: the way Leviathan's tsunami stops at the edge of the fight platform in the Scorpion encounter, etc.)

Please provide a little more information on what you are asking. I'm not sure what you mean.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-23 23:12:17 by sl1982 »

Ryusaizo

• Kyaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-24 00:47:33 »
If I remember correctly the PS version of the FMV's look a lot better than the PC, is it possible to just replace them. That way you wont have to do much work and add onto your project list.

It would, but it wouldn't look as nice as rerendered FMV's
{To keep the clutter down X3}

I did not think of that, thanks for telling me :3
« Last Edit: 2010-07-24 06:57:17 by Ryusaizo »

AngeBleu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-09-05 16:31:28 »
I play FF7 French so I would know if it's possible to make French Font ?
Thanks in advance ^^

Probably, but it is not something I have the time to do right now.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-05 18:03:31 by sl1982 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 2010-09-06 07:29:21 »
I remember seeing that someone created a 'new' highwind model from scratch. Now the question is, will you also overhaul the vehicles? In particular, the buggy. It looks... well, I'm not quite sure what it actually does look like in the original. Also the submarine ( not that important since we rarely see it )

I am also aware of the improved diamond weapon world-map model. will be same be done for ultima, ruby and emerald weapon? ( ruby is rather pointless I guess, and that effort is better placed somewhere else but Ultima and Emerald we see a lot )

I already asked this in another thread, but for completetions sake, I shall do so here again. I see there is an custom Aerith model in the works, and we already have plenty of clouds and a nice Barret. Are there any plans for the remaining members of the cast? I remember seeing a Red 13 model being in the works by someone.
edit: nvm, I'm too stupid to search and read.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-06 10:02:34 by KuugenTheFox »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-09-06 14:13:36 »
Eventually everything will be redone. Just be patient.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: 2010-09-07 04:44:36 »
Eventually everything will be redone. Just be patient.

It's just a matter of knowing if it will be redone and not when. I really don't care if it's done in one year or in ten. It's amazing enough that its being done at all. Which is exactly why I inquire about the more detailed things, like vehicle models and battle models, seeing as you do spend a great deal of the game looking at those.

Will there be partial releases ( in specific the battle models which I see WIP threads for here ) of things or will there be one 'big' release towards the final stadium of the project.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-09-07 04:50:09 »
We plan on releasing the Overhaul in sections. Much like the Bombing Mission project. That is everything from the beginning of the game until the reactor explosion. There will be another project after that, etc.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-09-07 06:35:51 »
That is quite a lot to commit to.  I'm filled with admiration.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: 2010-09-07 08:50:07 »
We plan on releasing the Overhaul in sections. Much like the Bombing Mission project. That is everything from the beginning of the game until the reactor explosion. There will be another project after that, etc.

I admire your motivation, but look out that you guys don't burn out on it. Thats a monumental task you have before you.
Well, in particular I want the battle models badly, and thats about it. How long has TA been going at this?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-09-07 14:00:14 »
I started with the GUI over a year ago.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: 2010-09-07 17:26:16 »
Then you guys have come really, really far considering this didn't exist in 2008 then.
You're truly dedicated to your 'job' in this case. I'll stop spamming the topic now.

Overseer X

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-09-12 11:51:41 »
I would like to see the flevel editted and the swearing uncensored.  8)

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: 2010-09-12 12:32:26 »
best way to make that happen is to do it yourself. I don't believe it's that difficult.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: 2010-09-12 12:40:44 »
That should be pretty simply with the loveless editor, no? Granted, you either
a) have to translate the swearing from the japanese version
b) guess it or make something up

Overseer X

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-09-13 04:46:57 »
I have already started it with my copy. I just wanted to see if you guys would.
Hell if that is how the game was originally intended..  #@!^& YEAH!  :P
« Last Edit: 2010-09-13 04:51:10 by Overseer X »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-09-13 05:12:51 »
Then you'd get much less swearing total than what's currently uncensored (damn, etc). Most of the swearing, at least on Barret's part, was unique to the translation.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: 2010-09-13 11:42:29 »
Then you'd get much less swearing total than what's currently uncensored (damn, etc). Most of the swearing, at least on Barret's part, was unique to the translation.

Why do I get the feeling that the US translators felt a big, hulky 'black' man had to swear constantly and as such 'freely' translated it that way.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #23 on: 2010-09-13 13:30:17 »
Why do I get the feeling that the US translators felt a big, hulky 'black' man had to swear constantly and as such 'freely' translated it that way.
barret in the us = Mr.T i am amazed he don't say i pitty the fool...

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: 2010-09-14 03:20:31 »
To be honest I really don't think he is directly swearing. From my experience it is just the LOOK of swearing. I think this is 1000000% more effective.

You spikeyheaded #&$*$!!!!
VS
You spikeyheaded sh*t/f*ck/(any curse word)!!!!!!!!!