Author Topic: Anyone have any experience with Post Processing initialisation error?  (Read 4106 times)

Arsirus UK

• I built it but they did`nt turn up
    • View Profile
    • Project Genesis
Anyone have any experience with Post Processing initialisation error?
Running an i5 with a GTX1060

Falcon216

• View Profile
I've got this as well. Doubt the hardware matters.
As a preclusion, I've faithfully followed the 7H instructions and load order.
I've also had to force 640x480 compatibility mode on the FF7_bc.exe as seen in this thread http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18658.0

I think there are a lot of problems with Aali's OGL driver and Windows 10?
The Aali settings in 7H don't stick (internal res, selected shader, and VGMStream). There are text drawing errors as well.

Looking at the APP.log, there is a faulty file tree when accessing the shader.           Down here V

[00000000] ERROR: failed to stat file D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/shaders/Nvidia_ComplexMultiShader/ComplexMultiShader.post
[00000000] ERROR: init_postprocessing failed, postprocessing will be disabled
« Last Edit: 2019-04-05 22:07:35 by Falcon216 »

tracido

• View Profile
I get one, and I run an i7 4930k, R9 390X, with 32GB's of super low latency DDR3 RAM, you're not alone. I just turn it off and the game loads, so far.

Falcon216

• View Profile
I figured my problem out. It might be the cause for other people with similar, strange behavior.

I made the mistake of installing Aali's driver before or after using the GameConverter.
The converter installs Aali's driver during the process, and so doing both creates conflicts and odd program glitches like the bad paths. I suspect anyone who has had to do the "640x480" compatibility mode has made the same mistake, as well as anyone who has weird load problems, and the people who have had menu corruption issues.
[edit] Because I suffered all of those symptoms while trying reinstalls [/edit]

Perhaps EQ2Alyza could add a note in the tutorial to alleviate confusion?
FF7_GameConverter_7h does all the necessary set up work, and manually installing the Aali OpenGL driver will cause problems?
« Last Edit: 2019-04-06 02:04:28 by Falcon216 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
It's not stated anywhere in the Tutorial to install Aali's manually, so I'm curious as to what gave you the idea to do so.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
It's not stated anywhere in the Tutorial to install Aali's manually, so I'm curious as to what gave you the idea to do so.
Probably because there's nothing in the tutorial that says it's being done for you, the only reference is setting it up in step 4.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
It doesn't need to be told. STEP 4 says where to go within 7H to configure your Aali settings. No one where is it stated to download the Aali Driver and set it up manually, so I was just curious why others would think to do all that extra work.

tracido

• View Profile
It doesn't need to be told. STEP 4 says where to go within 7H to configure your Aali settings. No one where is it stated to download the Aali Driver and set it up manually, so I was just curious why others would think to do all that extra work.
Yeah, I never did any of that and the reason is clear, bugs, this app is full of tons if you mess with anything along the route, or anything interferes, it doesn't need more added..

« Last Edit: 2019-04-06 16:08:43 by tracido »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Yes, it's a buggy application because the creator disappeared midway in the development. Thankfully, the source code was made available and others have slowly fixed/added onto it based upon everyone's feedback.

tracido

• View Profile
Yes, it's a buggy application because the creator disappeared midway in the development. Thankfully, the source code was made available and others have slowly fixed/added onto it based upon everyone's feedback.

Considering my last attempt at this, it's been improved massively in compatibility.

I'm still taking my time before doing a full run and trying to read up on specific issues from anything together, but so far, only issue I had was with an older version before getting the server functional.

I'm glad this is still around and the work on projects hasn't stopped.

Also, my reason for my error is appearing to be, that I'm using an ATI/AMD card..
« Last Edit: 2019-04-07 15:29:37 by tracido »

Falcon216

• View Profile
After a PC restart all of my issues came back. There's been no change in the FF7 files or the 7H setup.
I won't be mucking around with Windows reinstalls to older version or virtual machines just to mod the game. I've already done 3 full reinstalls/redownloads. Don't have the time or patience for this.

tracido

• View Profile
After a PC restart all of my issues came back. There's been no change in the FF7 files or the 7H setup.
I won't be mucking around with Windows reinstalls to older version or virtual machines just to mod the game. I've already done 3 full reinstalls/redownloads. Don't have the time or patience for this.

Make sure to thank corporate for the DRM which makes all this needed to just change the 2D maps in the background.

I just turned off Post Processing, and it looks just fine, does disabling it for now even allow it to work for you?
« Last Edit: 2019-04-08 00:07:34 by tracido »

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
I won't be mucking around with ... virtual machines just to mod the game.
I've been playing via Win 7 x64 virtual machine since day one (well, since I busted out my CDs from their 20-year slumber, anyway) for precisely the reason you're dealing with. The only problems I've had along the way were either entirely of my making (usually because I was trying to see what different mods might do, and ended up creating conflicts), or from incomplete understanding of how things work under the hood.