Author Topic: [Tutorial] Guide to Installing FF7 PC with Mods.  (Read 125305 times)

Kylos

• View Profile
[Tutorial] Guide to Installing FF7 PC with Mods.
« on: 2011-01-12 02:48:41 »
Guide to installing FF7 PC with mods

OK i decided to make this guide so players of this legendary game, can come here and install it properly with mods,
including FF7 Remix and have it work properly for them, following these steps properly should allow your game to work properly.

If your game still does not work after using this guide, either something is wrong with your computer, graphics card, or your FF7 files are damaged.

---------------------------------------------------------

Uninstalling FF7

OK I'm guessing you have installed FF7 and it does not work, so lets go back to the beginning.

1) Enter your Start menu, find the FF7 options, and choose to uninstall FF7.
2) Want to keep your saved game? Go into your hard drive and find Program Files > Squaresoft, Inc > Save folder, and Move the save file in there to a safe place.
3) Go into your hard drive, in Program Files, delete the Squaresoft, Inc folder.
4) Restart your computer

Installing FF7

From here you need these two things.

1) Your installation disc, or .ISO image file of the installation disc
2) FF7 Remix 2.5.1 - Download from here >>> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8915.0

Some people decide to make .ISO image files of their discs, not just to preserve the files in case the disc is lost or damaged,
but so the actual discs do not need to be put into the computer to run it.

This is not a guide on how to make Image files, but i can tell you that you should download MagicISO and MagicDisc if you wish to play in this way.
You would need to make the image files yourself from the discs you have, then when you wish to play them, MagicDisc can 'Mount' the FF7 disc you wish to use.

From here you need to either insert your installation disc into the CD drive, or use MagicDisc to mount the .ISO image file you have made of the disc.

If your installation did not start automatically, Go into My Computer on your start menu, and navigate to your CD drive, and click to look at the files.
Find the file, setup.exe and double click it, it will come up with the view of Midgar, and some options for you.

Choose to install DirectX and Movie Player, this should not take long, then click on Install.

It should bring up the FF7 setup window, click Next> twice, til you get to the options on Maximum and standard install, click on Maximum Install.
Click Next> three times until you get to the window showing the progress of your installation, let this finish without any interruption.

It will come up with some information about graphics drivers, click OK, it will now ask you to restart the computer, click on Finish.

Testing your FF7 installation

OK now we installed it, lets try it out! If your FF7 fails to start up here then your computer either does not have good enough specifications, or your FF7 is damaged.

Lets sort the options out for the game, follow these steps:

1) Go into your start menu, click on Final Fantasy VII > FF7 Configuration.
2) This may take a little time to load, when it does it will bring up a small window with some information on it, from here click on the graphics tab.
3) Get used to this screen, we need to come back here later, change the display resolution to Full screen.
4) Insert disc 1 of FF7 into your machine, or change MagicDisc so it mounts your image file of FF7 Disc 1.
5) Start Final Fantasy VII, only ever start it from your start menu, not by desktop shortcuts.

If all your getting is black screen, you may want to look into upgrading your graphics drivers.

If its working perfectly fine, you can move your save file back into the Save folder.

Installing FF7 Remix

Find your FF7 remix installer, and double click it.

A disclaimer will show, click Accept, on the next screen make sure the destination folder is pointing to:
Program Files(Program Files(x86) on Windows 7) > squaresoft, Inc > Final Fantasy VII. Click Install.

After its finished installing, it will come up with FF7 opengl config, and a command window, Press any key while on the command window.

It will ask to add registry values, click Yes on both of the windows which ask for it, its important to add these values for FF7 remix to work.

Now lets go back to the FF7 openglconfig, it should look something like this.

Code: [Select]
# ff7_opengl config file

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# plugins
# a movie plugin is required, the music plugin is optional, but required to make FF7Music work
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
# options are smartbloom.post and bloom2.post
# note that shaders/smartbloom.post must be configured to proper resolution, open with notepad
post_source = shaders/smartbloom.post
enable_postprocessing = no

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# set the window size (and fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 800
preserve_aspect = no
fullscreen = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = on

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = yes

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = off

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# this option requires you to have all your LGP archives unpacked in direct/, with one folder for each archive
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd instead
# this option should be used for testing only, performance will take a hit
direct_mode = off

We need to change some of these options, first of all you need to find out your screen resolution,
which is usually found if you Right click your desktop and look in Properties, or Screen Resolution depending on which Operating system.

My fathers laptop i am currently using is running at 1600x900, so i will change Window_size_x to 1600, and window_size_y to 900.
It is important to get this right, or either 1) Your FF7 will not fit properly to the screen when you play or 2) Your FF7 will not start.

Next change Preserve Aspect to yes, and it seems like all the other options are acceptable, save these options and lets move on.

Testing FF7 with FF7 Remix

Go back into your start menu, and find the FF7 Configuration, go back into your Graphics tab and change it back to Full screen, exit the program and let the registry values be added.

OK try to run Final Fantasy VII, i actually had a little problem here, as the firewall which is on this computer decided to stop ff7 remix, and didn't allow me to start FF7.
Make sure that any firewall allows these to happen, then restart the game again, and it should work.

At this point FF7 Remix should have installed a number of new additions to the game, all of those are mentioned on the FF7 Remix download thread.

Next we are going to look to upgrade these mods, and i can will also give guides on other mods which i personally like to use.

Installing the latest custom Aali graphics driver for FF7.

This is required in order to get a number of cool additions, and more stability to the game, it also can add a new battle interface and many other options.
Download it from this link, the latest version at this time is 0.7.10b >>> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.25

After downloading it, find the folder you downloaded it too, and move the .zip file into your Final Fantasy VII folder, extract the contents of the .zip file into this folder.
Allow the files that are being extracted to replace the other files, after that is done, find the FF7Config.exe program in that folder, and double click it.

Click on the graphics tab, and go to the drop down menu underneath Renderer, and pick the bottom option, Custom Driver.

I just tried this and it said it failed due to the fact it could not open a .log file, if this happens just close the config program, start it up again and try again, worked for me after that.
It will give you a message to state if your custom driver is working, after its ready, click Full screen again on display resolution and click OK.

The start menu is nice now, and has the option to open your FF7opengl config settings, find that and open it, they should be looking like this:

Edit: Updating this to the new 0.7.10b config file, this is how mine looked after updating the config, but this was after doing all the steps below and after i changed my settings, not how it will look originally when your installing this.

For me to get this i would need to completely reinstall my FF7 PC again just to get the config file at this stage of installation, but i am not willing to do that at this moment, so if anyone else is installing this, they could simply copy and paste your config file into this thread and ill add it to the guide, it would be nice ;-)

# ff7_opengl-0.7.10b config file

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 1024
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = avalanche

enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode

# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.
#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = off

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = yes

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = on

post_source = shaders/bloom2.post

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

use_shaders = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)

fancy_transparency = off

show_fps = no

show_stats = no

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = yes

use_new_timer = yes

use_stable_timer = yes

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = off

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = no

As you can see we have a lot more options here, lets see what we need to change in order to test out this new driver.

1) Add your screen resolution again (1600x900 for this computer)
2) Change battleswirl framelimiter to on
3) Change new battle interface to on (Its really nice, enables you to see a lot more of the battlefield)
4) Change Fancy Transparency to off
5) Change use stable timer to yes
6) Add avalanche to the mod path
7) Change anything else to match mine (Except your screen resolution of course, and break damage limit is your own preference)

Save the file, now lets test the game out and see what it looks like.

Installing new GUI and avalanche graphics

At this point it seems like the mod for Avalanche is not set up right in the opengl like mine is, so we will work on that now.

Go to this link >>> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9151.0

Download the GUI v2.0.5, then depending on your screen resolution, pick High res or Low Res (Beta 9) and download it, do not get both, only the one you believe will work better for you.

Seen as this laptop is 1600x900, i chose High res, after these have downloaded, start off with Avalance GUI v2.0.5 and install that.

Run the avalanche high or low res program depending on which you got, when it gives you the screen with checkboxes i usually enable these:
-Romeo14's Alternate materia and colored items
-Alternate Map

Click Next> and then Install.

Sorting the patches out

Go into your FF7 folder, find Patches, inside there is Already patched and Do not want folders.

This is what i suggest to do with these:

1) Move the Transparentdialogboxes.txt and srb file to Do not want folder
2) Move the 9999Limitbreaking.txt and srb file to Do not want folder (unless you wish to play the hardcore version of FF7)
3) Move the HighwayAndSnowboardMinigamesFix.txt and srb file to Already patched folder

You can pick and choose which patches you want, just move them between these two folders.

Setting your options

Go into your FF7 opengl settings, from your start menu, and it should now look something like this

Edit: Due to the update to Aalis Driver, this config file may not look exactly like yours is, its an example of how mine looks after completely installing everything, and changing the settings for best performance and my personal preferences.

If anyone would be kind enough to copy and paste your config file for this part of the installation, it would save me a job of repeating this install process again :?:

# ff7_opengl-0.7.10b config file

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 1024
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

# mod directory
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = avalanche

enable_vsync = yes

linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = yes

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = on

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

use_shaders = yes

fancy_transparency = off

show_fps = no

show_stats = no

# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
compress_textures = yes

use_new_timer = yes

use_stable_timer = yes

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = off

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = no

Notice how it has the avalanche modpath now? Still we need to make one change here.

# mod directory
mod_path = none

Delete the value, none, and change it to avalanche, save the options and exit.

Start the game again now, and it should work, if its not then you have not followed instructions properly, your computer has an error stopping you from playing, or your FF7 files are damaged.

Optional mods

Personally i like to add a few mods after this stage, its nice to try and make the game feel different to the original, so i usually carry on to download and install these.

Gjoerulvs updated hardcore mod - FF7 Remix does not have the latest version, if you wish to play the hardcore version, i recommend to upgrade the mod.
Advent Children avatars - I like these, makes a good change compared to the original avatars, and its easy to install
Blue Advent children Limit breaks - Changes the original colour of the limit break to look like limit breaks from the FF7 Advent Children film.

These are easily installed, download them from these locations and just follow the instructions.

Hardcore mod >>> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6818.0
AC Avatars >>> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5485.msg71035#msg71035
AC Limit break >>> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9542.0

Personally i have played through both the normal game, and the hardcore game with these settings and managed to get to disc 3.
If you wish to play the hardcore version, i strongly recommending having the 9999Limitbreaking on.

Turning off the error messages

This version of FF7 still has a number of known issues, and Aalis driver tells you when they occur on the screen, this helps for modders, but for some players it may be annoying, so use this command to get rid of it if you wish.

-Go into your openGLconfig text file, and add the command 'disable_popup = yes' into the bottom of the file, and save it.

And that's the end of the guide! Hope it helps someone, Peace :?:

Big thanks to all the modders who put the time and effort to make these extras for FF7 PC.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-08 01:26:43 by Obesebear »

artz

Re: Kylos walkthrough guide to installing FF7 PC with mods.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-12 07:24:03 »
useful information
very nice!!!!!

hope you will add more information about Optional mods

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-12 12:34:34 »
Please link to the custom driver release thread instead of the direct download.

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-01-12 14:32:50 »
Ah ok i went to change it, but it seems someones already done that lol :P

No point adding information about optional mods, they are easy to install and come with their own instructions

abean

« Reply #4 on: 2011-01-12 15:56:45 »
Very nice. Can you possibly add a section for how to configure FF7 Remix if installing to a different location than the default?

Thanks!

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-01-12 16:44:03 »
Very nice. Can you possibly add a section for how to configure FF7 Remix if installing to a different location than the default?

Thanks!

Why exactly would you do that? If you want FF7 to work properly then follow the instructions.

You should not be trying to move the FF7 files to a different location, there is a reason why it puts them there, and i suppose it would not be hard to direct ff7remix to a different location, just tell it to go to the appropriate folder when your installing it.

abean

« Reply #6 on: 2011-01-12 16:58:01 »

Thanks!

Why exactly would you do that? If you want FF7 to work properly then follow the instructions.

You should not be trying to move the FF7 files to a different location, there is a reason why it puts them there, and i suppose it would not be hard to direct ff7remix to a different location, just tell it to go to the appropriate folder when your installing it.

Why wouldn't you want to? There are many reasons why you'd want to change folders or drives ...

No, by default it won't work due to the vbscript files and their hard coded paths. I've changed a few of them, but it still does not yet work. Was simply hoping someone else had done it at this point as I have to assume they have. Oh well, I'll bump my post in the main thread.

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-01-12 17:15:33 »

Thanks!

Why wouldn't you want to? There are many reasons why you'd want to change folders or drives ...

No, by default it won't work due to the vbscript files and their hard coded paths. I've changed a few of them, but it still does not yet work. Was simply hoping someone else had done it at this point as I have to assume they have. Oh well, I'll bump my post in the main thread.

Changing the location of it just dont seem practical to me, all i really want to do is play FF7 lol, and these installers work best if you do not mess with the locations of the files, what could you possibly gain from changing the location of the files?

To me it just seems like a waste of time which could be spent playing ff7 :)

abean

« Reply #8 on: 2011-01-12 19:27:20 »
Kylos, not all of us  have a PC that's only for gaming :). My primary HDD which is a very fast SSD is rather small, and I'm only trying to keep the OS and certain applications on this drive (like SQL Server). My secondary drive is for my games ... and that is where I want Final Fantasy installed. This Remix has hard-coded paths that simply need to be changed, and I think it's worthwhile to have a section in your walk-through covering this topic as I guarantee you others could benefit from this.

maximaster

« Reply #9 on: 2011-01-12 20:39:30 »
i install but the high avalanche patch dosent di anitihng in my openGL
and when i run the game apears  a message like
GL invalid operation

wath means ?
« Last Edit: 2011-01-13 00:45:16 by maximaster »

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-01-13 17:02:04 »
Ok the fact is that i am not a modder, i am not aware of how to reconfigure the game and FF7 remix so you can do what your looking for.

This guide is simply meant to be an easy to understand, step by step walkthrough on how to install FF7 with some modifications to it.

If i was to change this guide to include complicated matters like redirecting ff7 remix to another folder, then this walkthrough will ultimately lose its purpose, and become full of unneeded information which the majority of users will not want.

This guide was made while i was installing my dads FF7 onto his laptop, on Windows 7 64 bit, if you really wish to have a guide on configuring remix so it can be installed in the way that you say, then either 1) Figure out how to do it, and make a separate post so those who actually need it, have a guide to go from, or 2) Ask the creator of FF7 remix on how you can change it to do what you want it too, i am not an expert modder, im just a regular member like you are and i cannot really help you with that.

GL invalid operation

wath means ?

More information please, seems your english is bad, so ill try to make this simple for you.

1) Is your computer graphics card good enough to run FF7?
2) Did you upgrade your graphics card drivers?
3) Did you follow every step of my walkthrough, including testing?
4) Does FF7 work without avalanche patch?
5) What operating system, processor and memory do you have?

I do not know what GL invalid operation means, either your graphics card is not good enough, you installed it wrong by not following my instructions, or your FF7 files are damaged

maximaster

« Reply #11 on: 2011-01-13 18:00:08 »
well the first time  i lunch the game was  de original game but didn't work apears black screen and send me to desktop, but with the  remix  works  and when i install the avalanche patch not  change the config  the only i want is  no trasparent dialogue boxes  y have off that options and the files in de do not want folder but still being trasparent >.<
my system is windows 7 starter 36x bit
i have3.00gb ram butn 2gb utilizable)
porcesor AMD anthlon II dual -core
and  the especification of my graphic card

principal adaptor      
manufacturer of graphic card           Powered by ATI   
graphic chipset                                   AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250          

Graphics Bus Capability                      PCI   
Maximum Bus Setting                       PCI   
BIOS    version                               010.094.001.045   
piece number  BIOS                         BK-ATI VER010.094.001.045.035812   

memory size                                 1023 MB   
memory tipe                                 HyperMemory   

central clock in MHz                          500 MHz
memoryof clock in MHz                  533 MHz   

and i don't know if is important but  i use a 1366x768 resolution
« Last Edit: 2011-01-13 18:26:14 by maximaster »

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: 2011-01-13 21:56:19 »
I believe Avalanche is meant to be run as a standalone mod. It is a graphic update, so it would cancel out some features of the Remix I believe.

Try installing Avalanche to a FF7 without the Remix.

artz

« Reply #13 on: 2011-01-14 14:20:23 »
i had install the new GUI and avalanche graphics
the latest custom Aali graphics driver for FF7.

then every battle it show "Error ; could open file Tifa.T09"  OR "earith.T09"
How can i do?
« Last Edit: 2011-01-14 15:27:48 by artz »

maximaster

« Reply #14 on: 2011-01-14 15:11:42 »
this is my  openGL when i compare with that  in the guide is so diferent :

# ff7_opengl config file

use_shaders = yes

# plugins
# a movie plugin is required, the music plugin is optional, but required to make FF7Music work

# YUV fast path shader
yuv_source = shaders/yuv.frag

show_fps = no

show_stats = no

window_size_x = 1366
window_size_y = 768
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

enable_vsync = yes

battleswirl_framelimiter = off

use_new_timer = yes

use_stable_timer = no

linear_filter = off

new_battle_interface = off

fancy_transparency = off

compress_textures = yes

# this option requires you to have all your LGP archives unpacked in direct/, with one folder for each archive
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd instead
direct_mode = off

and in archuve APP i  see a lot of errors :S
i dont knwo why but  i think this can help to my proble with the dialogue boxes  maybe
if you can help me i reallly thank you
« Last Edit: 2011-01-14 16:36:25 by maximaster »

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-01-14 17:45:34 »
I believe Avalanche is meant to be run as a standalone mod. It is a graphic update, so it would cancel out some features of the Remix I believe.

Try installing Avalanche to a FF7 without the Remix.

It can be used as a standalone mod, but it can also be used to optimize the game for the right resolution.

This installer does not effect Remix in anyway, i have played through the normal game and the hardcore version of the game, and i installed it the same way i did in my walkthrough, so its perfectly fine to do that.

i had install the new GUI and avalanche graphics
the latest custom Aali graphics driver for FF7.

then every battle it show "Error ; could open file Tifa.T09"  OR "earith.T09"
How can i do?

That is normal, remix has some problems with certain files, including some areas graphics, certain monsters graphics, leviathans water ball and others, there is a command you can add to the openGL config to stop these messages from appearing, ill see if i can find it, its on a post somewhere on this forum.

this is my  openGL when i compare with that  in the guide is so diferent :

# ff7_opengl config file

use_shaders = yes

# plugins

# YUV fast path shader
yuv_source = shaders/yuv.frag

show_fps = no

show_stats = no

window_size_x = 1366
window_size_y = 768
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

enable_vsync = yes

battleswirl_framelimiter = off

use_new_timer = yes

use_stable_timer = no

linear_filter = off

new_battle_interface = off

fancy_transparency = off

compress_textures = yes

direct_mode = off

and in archuve APP i  see a lot of errors :S
i dont knwo why but  i think this can help to my proble with the dialogue boxes  maybe
if you can help me i reallly thank you

Ok it looks like you have not followed instructions, i bet you did not install Aalis driver properly, the zip file is meant to be moved into the FF7 folder.

Change these options:
Battleswirl_framelimiter = on
use_stable_timer = yes
new_battle interface = on

There is only one differennce on this opengl Maxi, and that is the avalanche modpath, i suggest to go back to the beginning and try again, as clearly you made a mistake.

When your adding the new Aali driver, make sure you Extract the .zip folder INSIDE the ff7 folder, so it adds the new folder called 'Mods' inside of it, and the rest.

It will not work if you do not extract the .zip folder inside the FF7 folder.
« Last Edit: 2011-01-14 17:47:24 by Kylos »

maximaster

« Reply #16 on: 2011-01-14 18:37:39 »
Ok the fact is that i am not a modder, i am not aware of how to reconfigure the game and FF7 remix so you can do what your looking for.

This guide is simply meant to be an easy to understand, step by step walkthrough on how to install FF7 with some modifications to it.

If i was to change this guide to include complicated matters like redirecting ff7 remix to another folder, then this walkthrough will ultimately lose its purpose, and become full of unneeded information which the majority of users will not want.

This guide was made while i was installing my dads FF7 onto his laptop, on Windows 7 64 bit, if you really wish to have a guide on configuring remix so it can be installed in the way that you say, then either 1) Figure out how to do it, and make a separate post so those who actually need it, have a guide to go from, or 2) Ask the creator of FF7 remix on how you can change it to do what you want it too, i am not an expert modder, im just a regular member like you are and i cannot really help you with that.

GL invalid operation

wath means ?

More information please, seems your english is bad, so ill try to make this simple for you.

1) Is your computer graphics card good enough to run FF7?
2) Did you upgrade your graphics card drivers?
3) Did you follow every step of my walkthrough, including testing?
4) Does FF7 work without avalanche patch?
5) What operating system, processor and memory do you have?

I do not know what GL invalid operation means, either your graphics card is not good enough, you installed it wrong by not following my instructions, or your FF7 files are damaged

well the first time  i lunch the game was  de original game but didn't work apears black screen and send me to desktop, but with the  remix  works  and when i install the avalanche patch not  change the config  the only i want is  no trasparent dialogue boxes  y have off that options and the files in de do not want folder but still being trasparent >.<
my system is windows 7 starter 36x bit
i have3.00gb ram butn 2gb utilizable)
porcesor AMD anthlon II dual -core
and  the especification of my graphic card

principal adaptor      
manufacturer of graphic card           Powered by ATI   
graphic chipset                                   AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250          

Graphics Bus Capability                      PCI   
Maximum Bus Setting                       PCI   
BIOS    version                               010.094.001.045   
piece number  BIOS                         BK-ATI VER010.094.001.045.035812   

memory size                                 1023 MB   
memory tipe                                 HyperMemory   

central clock in MHz                          500 MHz
memoryof clock in MHz                  533 MHz   

and i don't know if is important but  i use a 1366x768 resolution
i try to install again and now lunch a errormof textures :S
the only i want is can see the dialogues in the inner monologues

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-01-14 20:18:50 »
I added an extra part to the walkthrough, a small part at the end of it, simply telling you how to turn off the error messages you will get when playing with Aalis latest custom driver.

Im sorry maxi, but if you have turned off the transparent boxes, in the config and in the patches folder, and it still does not work, then i really am not sure why it continues to do it, not come across that kind of problem before.

maximaster

« Reply #18 on: 2011-01-14 22:57:45 »
the boxes still trasparent but de dialogue appears :D
sorry i think does not works
XD

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011-01-18 01:34:33 »
If anyone believes that there is anything wrong, or believe i should add new content to this guide, please let me know and ill consider it.

Bare in mind this is a simple to use guide, to install FF7 with mods, and should not end up becoming a guide with overly complicated guides that the majority of users will not need to use. :)

ordforande

« Reply #20 on: 2011-01-24 21:40:41 »
You sir, are a gentleman. Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011-01-25 03:13:08 »
Thanks Ord :D i hoped it could help someone, and if it does then i can be happy knowing i did not waste my time :)

ordforande

« Reply #22 on: 2011-01-25 20:27:08 »
Actually, I had one issue with the improved music to work. I needed to go into the ff7_opengl.cfg file and remove the # sign before the music plugin line in order for the mp3s to work. Also, which executable is the right one to start this modded version? Do I go with ff7.exe, the ff7 remix bat file or perhaps the h_ff7.exe to enable all the mods?

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011-01-25 20:46:38 »
Simply go into the start menu > All programs > Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy VII Hardcore depending on what kind of game you want to play.

ff7.exe is the normal game, h_ff7.exe is the hardcore, and you dont need to worry about the ff7 remix bat file, leave it alone :P

Another note, if you start a game on normal or hardcore, its best to keep with that, switching between normal and hardcore on the same save could cause some major problems lol.

Kylos

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011-02-01 08:06:41 »
May need to update this guide slightly, seen as Aali has been awesome and updated his custom driver lately. :)

Edit: Updated the guide with Aalis new custom driver options, 0.7.10b, if anyone has any problems with this part of the guide please let me know
« Last Edit: 2011-02-01 08:19:53 by Kylos »