Author Topic: FF7 Limit breaks FF8 style  (Read 5214 times)

Nightmare799

• View Profile
FF7 Limit breaks FF8 style
« on: 2014-01-18 09:39:15 »
Is there a mod to be able to attack normally when having limit break ready? Because honestly, I like to use normal attack with Vincent and everytime he gets a limit break, I cant do anything but transform into a stupid berserk monster which completely sucks, and I cant go back....

It would be great if I could chose when to use limit break...

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: FF7 Limit breaks FF8 style
« Reply #1 on: 2014-01-18 10:52:45 »
Having the steal materia leveled up to Mug helps
Other than that, I suppose it's possible to do this via materia commands. Other than materia commands I'm not sure how the Limit attack overriding attack is handled

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-01-18 11:41:31 »
Having the steal materia leveled up to Mug helps
Other than that, I suppose it's possible to do this via materia commands. Other than materia commands I'm not sure how the Limit attack overriding attack is handled

Thanks for the info. By the way, can I change limit properties with wall market editor? I mean like the duration of the transformation and such...

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #3 on: 2014-01-18 15:33:46 »
You can change a lot like the leveling requirements and probably so much more, but I don't think Vincents limits have duration settings, I think it runs til either he's knocked out or the fight's over. It's pretty much the cost of using Vincent, his limits have great power but you just cant control them.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-01-18 16:10:10 »
You can change a lot like the leveling requirements and probably so much more, but I don't think Vincents limits have duration settings, I think it runs til either he's knocked out or the fight's over. It's pretty much the cost of using Vincent, his limits have great power but you just cant control them.

That is too bad. Shame that wallmarket and bootleg front end dont work for me too.

Anyways thanks for the answers guys.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 2014-01-19 13:00:20 »
what happens if you kill Vincent's AI for when he is transformed? does he transform and retain his normal commands?

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-01-19 16:40:56 »
If you delete the AI of VIncent, when uses his limit , he transform but he doesn´t nothing

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2014-01-20 01:16:34 »
If you're awesome with AI you can make him stop attacking after so many attacks. Problem with this is there's no "revert" action. Vinny transforms in a battle and he's stuck like that until the battle's over. Maybe it's possible to create a dummy limit action for him to take to make him transform back (you'd also have to unset everything that was set before like main script activators and such), but I only just thought of it so it might not work.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-01-20 15:21:02 »
I think I found a way around it. Using deathblow paired with with x2/x4 cut.