Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 424858 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #350 on: 2005-07-15 08:10:06 »
Quote from: EmperorSteele

Why bother with all that?  Just give your computer superhuman AI and a rejection/lonliness complex, and threaten to lock it in a closet unless it does exactly what you want it to do?

...works for me.  Really.

..oor not.  Sorry, i'm just in a smart-alecy mood =)

LOL i tell them there going out the window if thay dont do what i want. I had 5 pc's this year

Back to the topic i did that 10 step's just cos no one was a*s to make 1. So i typed out what i did

omega

« Reply #351 on: 2005-07-16 05:25:17 »
After a while, i decided to try it out on my friends computer using the same steps as before and it worked. I also realized he had his installation setting to maxium.
DOH!
I reinstalled and used maxium installation settings and the patch finally worked.
Apparently the game on standard installation reads the char.lgp from the disc rather than the hardive.
I should've relized this being a c++ programmer and all....oh well its working on my pc now.  :D

-----

Ice cold, you dont need to do all those steps. Reunions readme is enough.
Just make sure you are on maxium installation and follow everything reunions readme says and it all works out.

MOD EDIT: Don't double-post.

savage-xp

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2005-07-16 19:14:19 »
I dont understand nothing... Could some one host the modded files? I know is about 50 mb.

eXist

« Reply #353 on: 2005-07-16 23:58:38 »
I think I do everything correct. Game run right with new models but when I go from one location to other, game crush. I try it with and without XP patch and patch 1.02 and it is still same problem. Can anyone help my please?

---
Sorry 4 my english

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2005-07-17 06:14:30 »
Finally had some time to give this a go.  Apart from some hardly noticeable clipping problems which I didn't really care about, this thing is the best thing to come along since sliced bread (or the original game anyway).

Great job Reunion (and you too Borde, especially for the Avalanche members models).

Amnesiac

« Reply #355 on: 2005-07-18 11:25:30 »
Does anyone knows if it works with the french version of the game? Cause it's menu_fr.lgp and world_fr.lgp, not us, so maybe it won't work...
Well i'll try anyway.

edit : ok it works. The cinematics don't work so i can't play the game from the beginning, but I've got some saves so I could play a bit. That's great, beautiful!  You did a great job, thank you. :)

iceydamo

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2005-07-19 13:43:37 »
when I used win rar to zip up the char.lgp file it compressed it to about 12 megs but I have no webspace to load it for anyone who are having problems with the patches.

MaTiAz

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2005-07-20 17:38:51 »
Quote from: iceydamo
when I used win rar to zip up the char.lgp file it compressed it to about 12 megs but I have no webspace to load it for anyone who are having problems with the patches.

You can use http://www.yousendit.com

bomer

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2005-07-23 01:36:41 »
I'm uploading it to my webspace now. It's in .RAR format, just extract the contents to your /field directory, for people who are unsure of the instructions :) Note thats its with my Aussie ISP, so it might be a little slow for oversea's users.
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/da-bomer/char.rar

Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2005-07-23 19:02:58 »
This patch needs an update, whenever you get the chance. The feet are still screwed up at parts, and I hope this patch does every character in the final fantasy VII world, because it looks weird when your character models are like the only models that are improved.  :lol:

Craz3d

« Reply #360 on: 2005-07-23 19:33:19 »
Is it possible for anyone to fix a few models up?  When playing through Wall Market, I noticed something a little comical.

You're hi-res Cloud, you go change into your dress, you come out like the 'wee-people' you see walking around, while snickering 'I'm better then you!'.

Also, would a true Field model be that hard? I figured it would have been in the patch, but it was a little bit of a surprise to see Hi-Res Cloud, then exit Midgar, and see the good old handless Cloud.

Just my 2 cents.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2005-07-23 19:49:14 »
it beening worked on right now

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2005-07-23 20:00:42 »
Quote from: Craz3d
Also, would a true Field model be that hard? I figured it would have been in the patch, but it was a little bit of a surprise to see Hi-Res Cloud, then exit Midgar, and see the good old handless Cloud.

Quote from: Reunion
This patch will also change 6 world map models in world_us.lgp.

Diamond Weapon - diaweap_sk
Emerald Weapon - e_weap_sk
Cid - sd_cid_sk
Cloud - sd_cloud_sk
Tifa - sd_tifa_sk
Tinybronco - tinybronco_sk

If the world map models didn't update try the patch again...

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #363 on: 2005-07-23 20:57:37 »
Hey Reunion and Borde, great work so far!

I just tried the patch and I'm getting a black screen when I start VII, it then minimizes itself and sits there....

I followed your instructions exactly.

What's going on?

*edit*

Oh yeah, wanted to ask if I have to add Borde's NPC files seperatly, or are they in your patch?

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2005-07-23 21:28:16 »
Did your ff7 game work alright before you applied the patch?

You know I think that I will just take out the silly "The Reunion Patch" texture. It seems to be more trouble than its worth anyway.

So try replacing the modified menu_us.lgp with the original one.

Yeah as of now Borde's NPC files are seperate...

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #365 on: 2005-07-23 21:47:21 »
Did your ff7 game work alright before you applied the patch?

You know I think that I will just take out the silly "The Reunion Patch" texture. It seems to be more trouble than its worth anyway.

So try replacing the modified menu_us.lgp with the original one.

Yeah as of now Borde's NPC files are seperate...

Yes, it worked just fine before the patch. (would any of the music mods or high res Cloud patches affect your patch?)

Ok, I'll try replacing the menu_us.lgp..

Cool, that did it! :D

I'm going to add Borde's models and see if that causes any problems. :P

Nice, no problems so far with that one either.

I don't know if its been said yet, but during the train car part where you have to run to the front, Wedge reverts back to his "SD" self, and are you guys going to make Biggs and Jesse models for them in "disguise"?

Craz3d

« Reply #366 on: 2005-07-24 06:30:47 »
Oh.. Haha, I never screwed with any .lgp's except the 'char' file.

That would probably fix my problem.. Meh more extraction.

PS. Any ideas why FF7Music, Reunion Path, and the Battle to Field model conversion dont all work in cooperation?
-- I'm not looking for help, just wondering if anyone's gotten all 3 to work coherantly.

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #367 on: 2005-07-24 06:38:57 »
Quote from: Craz3d
Oh.. Haha, I never screwed with any .lgp's except the 'char' file.

That would probably fix my problem.. Meh more extraction.

PS. Any ideas why FF7Music, Reunion Path, and the Battle to Field model conversion dont all work in cooperation?
-- I'm not looking for help, just wondering if anyone's gotten all 3 to work coherantly.

Well. currently I'm running the game just fine with the FF7Music, Reunion Patch, and the Battle to Field model (which isn't that the same thing as the Reunion Patch??).

So far no crashes *knocks on wood*.

savage-xp

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2005-07-24 10:24:01 »
Quote from: bomer
I'm uploading it to my webspace now. It's in .RAR format, just extract the contents to your /field directory, for people who are unsure of the instructions :) Note thats its with my Aussie ISP, so it might be a little slow for oversea's users.
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/da-bomer/char.rar

doesnt woks.

final slash

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2005-07-26 02:25:35 »
Hey! just signed up.  This patch is off the hook.  Hey reunion, when can we expect the next update??

edderzz

trouble..
« Reply #370 on: 2005-07-31 21:28:59 »
Hello..New here. I've been trying to figure out the LGPtools function to patch the reunion files..I get everything up to the point where I have to create a new char.lgp file..for some reason the program I use is saying "could not find an appropriate validation file, perhaps you are trying to create a file with an unsupported number of files on it"...I'm so lost ._.
((eer..nevermind :D I figured it out~!..trial and error always triumphs~!

Kinseek

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2005-08-01 10:31:51 »
I`m getting a crash with this patch once I leave the train after the first bombing and try to enter the next sceen to the left. I get the error message "fail to load DAAD.tor". I replaced char.lgp with my original one and it works. If I save at the save point in that area I will get the same error if I try to use the altered char.lgp again. Up until this point it all worked very well. Any solutions?

Great work BTW!

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2005-08-01 21:17:03 »
Well I can tell you that DAAD.tor is one of the animations files for Biggs on that map(mds7plr1).. Now the strange thing is that my patch does not change Biggs at all nor any animation files so there should be no problem. Do you have Bordes models installed? If you do try it without them..

If not I would have to take a look at the animation file itself to see if the number of bones in the animation file match the amount in Biggs hierarchy. So if you could just email me the daad.a file in your char.lgp so I could have a look at it..

btw what language version of ff7 do you have?

Kinseek

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2005-08-02 05:19:54 »
Well I can tell you that DAAD.tor is one of the animations files for Biggs on that map(mds7plr1).. Now the strange thing is that my patch does not change Biggs at all nor any animation files so there should be no problem. Do you have Bordes models installed? If you do try it without them..

Bordes? Err, don`t think so.

If not I would have to take a look at the animation file itself to see if the number of bones in the animation file match the amount in Biggs hierarchy. So if you could just email me the daad.a file in your char.lgp so I could have a look at it..

From which file? I have said file in my original char.lgp, but it seems to be  deleted once I install the Reunion mod (latest one as well I think).

btw what language version of ff7 do you have?

Standard English.

So I take it works fine with you or? I also noticed that parts of the left arm with those red guards (for instance in the beginning) was missing. The hand at the end was still there, just not the rest of it.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2005-08-02 05:21:45 »
Reunion,

just a perhaps stupid question: why don't you directly make your modified char.lpg and those other needed files downloadable after your modifications so that they just need to be copy pasted in the proper directories ?

In this way, lots of users that can't (for some reason), make the conversion, won't have any more problems  :) I personally had no issuess with the process itself but, for instance, Ficedula's tool often locked up my system and other people might have similar problems with this program.

But perhaps size does matter and the file'd be too big to upload...Thanks a lot for your wonderful project!  :love: