Author Topic: Scene.Bin editing  (Read 31072 times)

Elentor

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #25 on: 2005-07-17 18:56:39 »
Wow, an A.I. Editor? That would be mad.
I will be waiting for your kernel editor tool to edit materias, items and etc ;)

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #26 on: 2005-07-17 19:02:51 »
My description is entirely correct.

If an enemy had a drop-rate listed as 0x00, that item would have a 1.5625% chance of dropping.

Dividing by 63 is not correct.

Try putting the drop ratio for MP’s to Percent=[00 00 00 00] Items=[0000 0000 0000 0000] and see if it drops Potions (although it will be rare).
With your formula, it would not drop any.

Note that no enemy in the game actually has a 0x00 for a drop or 0x80 for a steal.
The lowest drop is 0x02 and the lowest steal is 0x88.
This isn’t particularly useful knowledge nor does it help make a point either way; just something to know.

L. Spiro

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #27 on: 2005-07-17 19:55:05 »
T.F. has something in his enemy/battle mechanics docs about this.

The formulas for winning and stealing are almost the same, EXCEPT that your characer's level and the enemies level are used as modifiers when stealing.  i'd copy/paste the whole thing, but it's long and i'm sure you've all taken his info into account anyway =/

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #28 on: 2005-07-18 08:24:35 »
Quote from: M4v3R
Right now I'm working on some tool that would help us edit battle script, so we can change enemy's attitude and basicly every action. It will take some time though.

I hope you've been in touch with Terence about this, as he has pretty much decoded all of the battle script (AI), and even "decompiled" it into human-readable strategy listings. I haven't heard from him about that for a while though. While he may not have a complete reference document ready, he surely has extensive knowledge of how the script works. I don't believe it was very pretty, though (for editing purposes, that is).

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #29 on: 2005-07-18 09:25:08 »
L. Spiro - My bad, I thought that 00h would be 0% chance, got it now.

Qhimm - Unfortunetly I don't have any contact with Terence. But I did some research on myself, and this thread helped me a lot. Right now I am able to dump any enemy's script and play with it, I'm still working on making it more programmer friendly and reinserting it to file.

Elentor - is there an editor to edit items and materia ?

Elentor

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #30 on: 2005-07-18 14:38:10 »
As far as I am aware, no. That is why one would be so useful.

Katana

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #31 on: 2005-07-19 16:09:59 »
Think i found a bug,
When editing scene92 -> Air Busters AP, scene93 -> Hedgehog Pie AP's changes as well.
Thats not right ? is it ? ^^

Elentor

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #32 on: 2005-07-19 17:01:06 »
This is something I didn't test yet.. let me see.
Just checked it

Sui: It's a bug, but it's not what you're thinking it is. It's just the way the program handles with "null" values. It will shows the last value displayed instead of reseting it to "null"
for instance, try loading any other file, then load back file 93. You will see that it's the "new" hedhog pie AP. His AP didn't change actually, because his AP is null, but since it's null, it displays the last AP loaded, which happened to be Air Buster's.

This happens with every single variable in the program. It would be nice if M4V3R could fix it.

Well, anyway

I found a real bug. The program isn't loading Jenova Birth status at File123. Can you fix it? :)

Cheers

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #33 on: 2005-07-19 21:25:15 »
Thanks for feedback, bug hopefully fixed. Version bumped to 1.2.3, download it here :).

Elentor

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #34 on: 2005-07-19 22:08:56 »
Great :D
Might I know what was causing the bug that didn't allow loading Jenova values?

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #35 on: 2005-07-19 22:28:50 »
Look at history file :). It's the same thing that caused some values to not reset.

Elentor

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #36 on: 2005-07-21 18:56:09 »
I have a major bug to report.

It seems that the program is only loading "common" items, like Potion, Hi-Potion, Phoenix Down, Ether etc.
Other items like weapons, armor and nuts aren't loading.

At first I thought this was a null problem. It isn't. When you load someone that drops a Lasan Nut, for example, and then save, he is saved as if he drops a Potion.

Can you fix it? It's quite a mess, because I have to fix tons of enemies because of this already :(

Cheers

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #37 on: 2005-07-24 10:42:35 »
Hey Elentor,
sorry for keeping you waiting, I was reinstalling system on my machine and couldn't do anything in past few days.

Scene Edit - New version released

Version: 1.2.4
Changes:
- added: Script Editor button, in some future you'll see why :)
- added: possibility to change if item is won after the battle or can be stealed (by clicking on label next to Item name)
- fixed: null values bug (thanks to Sui and Elentor for discovering)
- fixed: bug in item writing (it was done in the old way, while item reading was rewritten)
- fixed: some enemies with level 0 wouldn't show up in enemy list

Link: Scene Edit v1.2.4

Sorry for an extra work that my program caused to you, I'll try to be more careful in the future :).

Elentor

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #38 on: 2005-07-24 14:05:17 »
Ahh, thanks, much better now :D it will ease my work now.

Cheers

Salk

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #39 on: 2005-07-24 15:33:00 »
Forgive my intrusion and perhaps the silly question: can one edit how succesfull the stealing rate is ? I have always found this extremely frustrating and, if possible, I'd make the chances higher by default. Sorry if this request is stupid or simply posted in the wrong topic. Thanks for all you guys are doing for FF7 fans like me!  :love:

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #40 on: 2005-07-24 18:43:12 »
Yes, my editor has function to edit item drop/steal rates :).

Salk

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #41 on: 2005-07-25 05:22:50 »
That's just great,M4v3R! I'd love to see a patch that sets the stealing rate to a reasonable level mostly because with the Hardcore patch, surviving battles for a longer time in order to steal becomes even more difficult and frustrating...Perhaps Elantor might include some tweaking to the stealing rate in his own patch ? I think most people agree with me that the this could stop much of the frustration in battles...Cheers!

Elentor

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #42 on: 2005-07-25 14:45:58 »
Perhaps I will, if it won't affect greatly the overall challenge.

But keep in mind I passed through all the patch until Costa Del Sol without stealing anything (since the steal was bugged), so it won't affect much the outcome... it can be played without the use of steal until now.

Cheers

Salk

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #43 on: 2005-07-25 14:51:12 »
Elentor,

I - and I am sure many, many others - would believe that tweaking the stealing rate would reduce drastically one of the main point of frustrations of the game. As it is by default, stealing is just a big pain in the ass which people won't accept to go through (and they're right).

Tweaking it to increase the success rate to a reasonable level instead will make fighting much more enjoyable and people will actaully try and steal things off the enemies.

I do hope you will accept to implement a minor tweaking (raising some the percentage of success) to the stealing rate so that it will be enough for me to just use your Mod to have its benefits! Thanks a lot!

Elentor

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #44 on: 2005-07-25 15:22:15 »
No doubt... but I would have to change somethings. Ok, I will be sincere:

I was intending, from the beginning, change the whole "steal" thing. The one reason why I am actually not very angry because of the M4V3R's editor's bug is because I really enjoyed taking some steals out of place.
I like how stealing works on FF9 (up to some point), because on FF9 stealing is a natural part of the gameplay. On FF7, stealing is almost worthless, because it is hard, like you say, and few enemies drop good things.
Stealing is not something "flowing"... I agree with you on this point.

The thing is that it will need much more preparation and I'm not quite ready at this point, since I have muuuch more to beta test... and keep in mind I'm gonna rewrite the weapons and bracelets attributes.

As you see, I intend on working on the whole steal/morph section.. but for now, I want first to finish the enemies attributes.

PERHAPS, with the new editor version released, I start tweaking from where I stopped (which is Costa Del Sol). Cross your fingers, it will all depends on how kind my girlfriend is gonna be to me today :} haha just joking.

Not really.

Cheers

Salk

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #45 on: 2005-07-25 16:44:40 »
Elentor,
I am keeping my fingers crossed so hard I might break them!  :love:

Katana

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #46 on: 2005-07-27 05:16:06 »
I think i found another bug, well has to be if you ask me.
I used your scene edit, and edited all the way untill midgar.
While playing i got up to the point, where you get RED XIII, where you have to fight that boss ( scene115 )
I used sceneEdit and edited that boss ofcourse, but when fighting him ingame, it was a totally diffrent type of monster then it should be, wich i killed in 1 shot.
The only thing i used on the file was sceneEdit so there has to be some kind of bug in there that swapped monsters or something ~

Edit: Ignore this post, it seems the problem is not a bug in SceneEdit but a bug in a patch i have applied

Edit2: Wait, no its another bug in SceneEdit, dont ask me how it happened, but it did.

Elentor

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #47 on: 2005-07-27 14:59:07 »
Was the monster a pyramid, by any chance?
Anyway, that's weird.

Katana

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #48 on: 2005-07-27 16:44:38 »
Hmm no its wasnt, the thing is, at the shinra headquarters, when you get red xiii in your party you have to fight Sample:H0512 however in my case it was Zenene also a monster that appears at shinra headquarters, then when i had the fight the machine gunner and heli gunner in the elevator, i was fighting the Sample:H0512 that i was supposed to be fighting after obtaining red xiii, its like places of boss fights are switched ... my guess would be, the fight with motorball is going to be machine gunner and heli gunner in the elevator lol
I have no idea how this happened tough, also when i compile my scene bin the filesize changed from 264kb to 272 kb or was it 274.

Elentor

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #49 on: 2005-07-27 17:38:48 »
I suspect your file names are switched.

Did you use any other tool to edit the files besides M4V3R's, or any hex editor?
Did you check if in the folder there are exactly 256 files?
Did you check if these 256 files are ranging from 0 to 255 or from 1 to 256, or from 0 to 256 or from 1 to 255?