Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001454 times)

MidnightXS

Re: [RELEASE v1.9.6]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #675 on: 2012-05-24 23:14:47 »
Great editor.  I am only having one problem,  the HP and MP are not updating.  Example, my Cloud at Lvl 16 has 484 HP, when I raise him to Lvl 20 in the editor the HP raises to 625.  I save then look back and all the values have reverted.  When you go to game the Lvl has changed but the HP and MP have not.   I am running on Vista 32.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You have to edit the base HP at the bottom of the character stat page.

McLovin

« Reply #676 on: 2012-05-27 16:01:27 »
Seriously, isn't there someone who can help me?

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #677 on: 2012-05-27 23:41:07 »
Seriously, isn't there someone who can help me?

Which version of Black Chocobo are you using?

samsammeth

Black Chocobo PC to PSX conversion
« Reply #678 on: 2012-05-31 13:16:28 »
Hi there, im having trouble converting my FFVII PC saves to an MCD file for use with FPSE emulator for android, i decided i would prefer to do training on the go rather than sat at home infront of the PC. I can open the PC saves perfectly fine, when I export it to an MC file, i change the file extension to MCD as it doesnt recognise MCR or MC. Problem is, I have tested the produced memory card file with both FPSE and ePSXe, they both show up as empty card slots, Ive even changed the region using black chocobo for testing purposes. Does anyone have a solution? thanks in advance

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Black Chocobo PC to PSX conversion
« Reply #679 on: 2012-06-01 01:44:33 »
be sure you are using the newest version of black chocobo (1.9.6 as of now). since there used to be some issues with mc headers. i just tested in 1.9.6 and there is no issue converting. pc saves will be default with the USA ff7 region info.

CyberPirate

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2012-06-17 20:00:34 »
I have two wonderful chocobos inside the barn now. How can I use Black Chocobo to make them Great and Good?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #681 on: 2012-06-19 01:42:22 »
change the values in the chocobo tab in the "Fenced Chocobos" area.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #682 on: 2012-07-03 19:36:52 »

Some Bc Progress:
New ChocoboEditor Widget From FF7Tk replaces all 6 old ones on Chocobo Tab.
New:MateriaEditor Widget from FF7tk Replaces Materia Tab's and Char materia Editor.
Fixed: Stat Calculation Bug.
Fixed: Japanese saves max item qty is 99.

Hanyo99

Re: [RELEASE v1.9.51]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #683 on: 2012-07-08 20:51:48 »
Ever since i got the latest version and when i load saves the program just crashes?
im using windows vista 32 bit if that helps

Okay, so I am having this same problem as well, I load a save, then when I choose a save it crashes, but on another save, it does not crash. I seem to have pointed the major change between the two is one is before the world map, and one if after reaching the world map. Now, I am running Windows 7 x64 I am also using Boot Loader for the graphical upgrades. However, these two saves are entirely done using the normal no fundamental changes normal boot, so only the actual graphics should be changed etc. I'm sure that may make a difference. The first save is just after getting yuffie on Island one, before junon harbor. The second save is just before escaping shin-ra HQ. The first save crashes, the second does not as of yet. The first save that did this to me it did just before chocobo farm, this time it worked all the way untill junon harbor.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4tI4DjaL48xZmhNMVBlREdGUUE

This is the save file in question, with both slots on it as mentioned. Hope you guys can help with this.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #684 on: 2012-07-08 22:26:35 »
not sure why it crashes but it does not crash in what will become 1.9.7 . so the next version will not have this problem.

FinalFanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2012-07-11 11:31:50 »
Hi guys I'm new and I have to say this program looks really fun to play around with. I say look because I haven't actually made use of it yet outside of toying around with stats, materia and such. I'm having a lot of trouble with saving the changes I made to a certain save slot because I am playing a PSOne classic version of FFVII on my PSP-3000 (OFW 6.60). I know there is no way to play an edited save on the PSP without a workaround, which is what I've been trying to do based on the FAQ however I'm getting stuck at the point where you hold select for a few seconds to find the "Manage Memory Card" after installing cfwcheats in the memory stick--I followed the instructions perfectly but that menu still does not appear at the New Game/Load Game screen after holding Select. I noticed that the workaround FAQ says the seplugins folder you yourself create for the root of the memory stick is supposed to have "pops.txt" with ta specific line written in it. Does this actually go in the seplugins folder...or the cfwcheats folder?

But yeah aside from that, I could really use some help with this workaround. Any help appreciated, thanks!

UPDATE/EDIT: I toyed around with the vsh menu on the XMB a little and tried the game again; this time the cwcheat menu came up and I was able to successfully perform the workaround mentioned in the FAQ. With seemingly no other issues arrising, I think I've got the process down. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-11 18:10:24 by FinalFanatic »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2012-07-11 15:03:21 »
Hi guys I'm new and I have to say this program looks really fun to play around with. I say look because I haven't actually made use of it yet outside of toying around with stats, materia and such. I'm having a lot of trouble with saving the changes I made to a certain save slot because I am playing a PSOne classic version of FFVII on my PSP-3000 (OFW 6.60). I know there is no way to play an edited save on the PSP without a workaround, which is what I've been trying to do based on the FAQ however I'm getting stuck at the point where you hold select for a few seconds to find the "Manage Memory Card" after installing cfwcheats in the memory stick--I followed the instructions perfectly but that menu still does not appear at the New Game/Load Game screen after holding Select. I noticed that the workaround FAQ says the seplugins folder you yourself create for the root of the memory stick is supposed to have "pops.txt" with ta specific line written in it. Does this actually go in the seplugins folder...or the cfwcheats folder?

But yeah aside from that, I could really use some help with this workaround. Any help appreciated, thanks!
Pretty sure you need cfw installed to use cwcheat

FinalFanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2012-07-11 15:09:54 »
Pretty sure you need cfw installed to use cwcheat

Sorry I guess I didn't specify that but yes I have installed CFW PRO_B9 successfully in the PSP. I can press select on the XMB and that custom menu will appear. However pressing and holding Select whilst on the New Game/Load Game screen after I start FFVII doesn't bring up any menu.

UPDATE/EDIT: I toyed around with the vsh menu on the XMB a little and tried the game again; this time the cwcheat menu came up and I was able to successfully perform the workaround mentioned in the FAQ. With seemingly no other issues arrising, I think I've got the process down. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-11 18:10:11 by FinalFanatic »

Mojo907

« Reply #688 on: 2012-07-12 08:22:57 »
I'm not a really technical person, as i've seen alot of this comments seem to deal with, but I play on PC, and have used tons of trainers for games.......this has to be one of the finest trainers I've ever come across. Thanks!!!

norikoteiko

• View Profile
    • German Ragnarok Online Highrate
« Reply #689 on: 2012-07-16 08:54:50 »
i recorded a little bug hope u can prove and fix it thx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2EqarddeXc&feature=youtu.be

oh in english its the protect materia

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #690 on: 2012-07-16 15:36:41 »
well that whole materia tab is replaced with a new materiaWidget and  it does seam not have that problem. i was not able to reproduce your problem with bc 1.9.6  i tried several times (also w/ WIP version) does it matter what empty slot you use? it at all possible you should try to see if you can reproduce it on the "trunk" version from the svn . (there are compiling instructions around this tread a few times).

norikoteiko

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 2012-07-16 21:06:52 »
i found the issue the bug only appears if i using the germen version of ur offical release after i changed the language the right materia appears  ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYeCjZnUDRA&feature=youtu.be

it were really nice if u are able to implement a function to edit the fails on tifas limit because her weapon premium hart scales on it
« Last Edit: 2012-07-16 21:14:28 by norikoteiko »

sgt_love_rocket

Materia Issue
« Reply #692 on: 2012-07-17 13:19:57 »
This trainer is very good and well set out and everything but I have an issue, I can't use materia.
I equipt all materia to my party and started the game with maxed out characters but whenever I equipt materia to any character there MP goes down to ten making materia unusable

Any body help?   :-\

JakeBaxter

« Reply #693 on: 2012-07-17 21:21:46 »
Loving the program... well the idea of it at least. I cant get the save files to work. I can open them up (mcd) and edit stats etc. But I dont know what to do to get it to work in game. I am using FPSE emulator for android, and 1.9.6 version of Black Chocobo.
Whenever I put the save back into the game and load up, nothing has changed, although as I said, I dont know if i'm doing it right to be honest. This is all new to me haha.

Can I possibly have a clear step by step guide or something? Has anyone else got their edited saves to work on an android emu?

help will be greatly appreciated

Jake

norikoteiko

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 2012-07-18 12:27:39 »
try to open black chocobo as administrator and run ur epsexe as administrator

JakeBaxter

« Reply #695 on: 2012-07-18 17:22:15 »
try to open black chocobo as administrator and run ur epsexe as administrator

I'm not using epsxe, im using FPSE on my android smartphone.. the problem isnt with editing the save, i'm asking what to do once ive changed what I want to change. i.e do I import/export/save/ save as?

norikoteiko

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 2012-07-18 18:14:37 »
i found this at google

1. With a rooted device
Transfer your .mcr or .mcd memory card files to any location on your phone, such as /Downloads. Then, using a file manager with root access on the phone, manually move the file from the place you copied it to the directory containing Fpse.

2. Without a rooted device
Transfer your .mcr or .mcd memory card files to any location on your phone, such as /Downloads. Now open Fpse, and go to the settings menu. Under the "system" sub-menu, tap on "Memory Card 1" or "Memory Card 2", navigate to the location of the memory card you want to use, and select it. Make sure to save the config. afterwards.

3. Rooted or not, it matters not.
Using any PC emulator, start the game from which you would like to transfer the save. Now, load the save in question, and then quick-save. Find the quick-save file in the emulator's program directory (usually [game name].sav), and copy it to your phone.
On Fpse, change "Savestates Path" (Settings > System) to the folder containing the .sav file that you just transferred.
Start the game with Fpse, and load state from this new file. Now, simply save in-game as usual, and the save will be applied to one of the emulator's built-in memory cards.
You can now change the savestate directory back to what it was, or leave it as it is if you like.

JakeBaxter

« Reply #697 on: 2012-07-18 18:59:37 »
i found this at google

1. With a rooted device
Transfer your .mcr or .mcd memory card files to any location on your phone, such as /Downloads. Then, using a file manager with root access on the phone, manually move the file from the place you copied it to the directory containing Fpse.

2. Without a rooted device
Transfer your .mcr or .mcd memory card files to any location on your phone, such as /Downloads. Now open Fpse, and go to the settings menu. Under the "system" sub-menu, tap on "Memory Card 1" or "Memory Card 2", navigate to the location of the memory card you want to use, and select it. Make sure to save the config. afterwards.

3. Rooted or not, it matters not.
Using any PC emulator, start the game from which you would like to transfer the save. Now, load the save in question, and then quick-save. Find the quick-save file in the emulator's program directory (usually [game name].sav), and copy it to your phone.
On Fpse, change "Savestates Path" (Settings > System) to the folder containing the .sav file that you just transferred.
Start the game with Fpse, and load state from this new file. Now, simply save in-game as usual, and the save will be applied to one of the emulator's built-in memory cards.
You can now change the savestate directory back to what it was, or leave it as it is if you like.

thanks a bunch pal, that's worked perfect. Although, I set the MP to max but its showing up as 10 :|

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #698 on: 2012-07-19 03:12:06 »
thanks a bunch pal, that's worked perfect. Although, I set the MP to max but its showing up as 10 :|

you MUST edit your Base MP or Base HP to affect your Max HP/MP In Game. the game calculates it so it will change the maxMP or max HP values when it first loads and any other time it feels its nessessay.

Seebass616

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 2012-08-04 22:39:41 »
i'm not sure if it will be useful or not, but i stumbled upon a checksum bypass code for an action replay on ps1 for ff7. hopefully it can be used

here is the link: http://gamehacking.org/?s=v2&sys=1&gid=1

it is the 3rd code down