Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII-2 News  (Read 124615 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 News
« Reply #100 on: 2011-09-13 17:37:12 »
Take it to the other thread please, this is serious discussion about the game without harsh comments and arguments.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2011-09-13 18:05:00 »
I'm getting tired of all the senseless crap on this forum. Live and let live, people need to stop forcing their opinions down everyone elses throats. That's why I hardly post here anymore.

According to Amazon, the game is going to be released on 27/01/2012 - does that seem likely to you Ultima? See Here.

Also here's an (unrelated) piece of information regarding Versus XIII. I think this is the first time it's been mentioned in months.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2011-09-13 18:30:17 »
Dunno, maybe just a placeholder? We'll find out this week though.

Speaking of versus, we're supposed to get a trailer for that this month. That'll probably be at TGS too.

msifreakster

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2011-09-13 18:31:36 »
Hope was my favourite character actually. I really like how he changed throughout the game. He was so scared and grief stricken at the beginning, then we see him shape into a strong and confident young man by the end of the game.

Originally, Lightning was not going to be the main character of the original FF13...it was Vanille. They'd shown a lot of Lightning, so they just stuck with her.

Heh.

I find it interesting that you like Hope so much. I am curious as to why? I haven't played to the end of the game yet but I have been far enough to see him drop his revenge against Snow and grow up a bit, I got the the plains when you can finally "explore", but I was never able to take him seriously.  The only character that has annoyed me more is Yuna, which may be due to my opinion that her voice didn't match who she was supposed to be except at the beginning. Tidus is close to as obnoxious as Hope to me. As a side note, I did enjoy 10 quite a bit, just not Yuna and Tidus. I don't like to find main characters annoying because it takes away from the game for me so I am hoping to get another point of view where I can at least stand him to make the game more enjoyable overall.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2011-09-13 18:44:22 »
Pretty much for the reasons that I posted there.

I really like his changes throughout the game. Once he got over his operation Nora thing, he was alright. He ended up with a relationship with his Father that was never really there to begin with. Heck, he even tolerates Snow by the end, and forms a brother sister relationship with Lightning. He and Vanille got the most development I find.

Tbh the only character that I didn't really like was Sazh. I just plain don't like him.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-13 18:46:28 by ultima espio »

msifreakster

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2011-09-13 19:00:54 »
I agree with you he got better after he dropped operation Nora but I still find him difficult. I agree with you on the points of him getting closer with Lightning, and in return she grows as well, and his father, I really did like that part, more because of his father than Hope himself. I just......cant take him seriously. He seems to miss the bigger picture of things all the time and focus on something minor. Again I haven't played to the end I might wind up liking him just like you  :)
I have liked Sazh so far because of how deeply the stuff with Dahj has affected him. I can understand how deeply that world and the situation would affect a father, especially with it getting rubbed in his face like that in Nautilus. The only part I really dont like about him is in battle, for the sole reason it takes him longer than anyone else to attack, which I have learned how to use to advantage at least a bit when you are forced to have him in your party.
I guess its all a matter of opinion, as it is with all video games. Thanks for your thoughts.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2011-09-13 21:14:37 »
Dunno, maybe just a placeholder? We'll find out this week though.

Speaking of versus, we're supposed to get a trailer for that this month. That'll probably be at TGS too.

I would be rather pleased if they released another trailer, but it's not on their list of games that they're discussing at TGS and everywhere I go says that it won't be there. Doesn't mean there won't be a trailer though, that would be good stuff ^_^

Tbh the only character that I didn't really like was Sazh. I just plain don't like him.

Me too! I felt like there was no reason for him to be there at all, and he really pissed me off. I never used him in battle, though his Blitz is useful if you're trying to stagger someone by synthesising Random: Instant Chain. He bored me to tears.

The only character that has annoyed me more is Yuna, which may be due to my opinion that her voice didn't match who she was supposed to be except at the beginning. Tidus is close to as obnoxious as Hope to me. As a side note, I did enjoy 10 quite a bit, just not Yuna and Tidus. I don't like to find main characters annoying because it takes away from the game for me so I am hoping to get another point of view where I can at least stand him to make the game more enjoyable overall.

I see what you mean about Tidus, but not about Yuna. I didn't really like her, but I didn't find her irritating.

With regards to hope: if you find him annoying, you're in luck, because the stage of the game you're at he doesn't really play a prominent role for the rest of it. His main storyline/ character development is pretty much over by the point that you're at. He grows up a lot in the game which is why some people like him. There are a lot of people that don't though, similar to how loads of people don't like Vanille.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2011-09-15 08:28:27 »
We've got Snow:

And Hope:

TGS Trailer:
http://gamingeverything.com/?p=9187

And we have a EU release date of February 3rd. and US January 31st.

Heh, the US release is on the 15th Anniversary of FF7 :P
« Last Edit: 2011-09-15 09:06:16 by ultima espio »

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2011-09-15 11:46:18 »
Hope became really cool!!!!!! :O Snow became so....... Um.... doesn't go further than that :P Too bad it's only in Japanese. And i noticed something in the video!!The scene on 00:55 is stolen from Kingdom Hearts. Riku extending his hand to Sora and then gets swallowed from darkness.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2011-09-15 12:00:44 »
Can't be stolen if it's written by the same person :-P

Yeah I totally got that vibe too.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2011-09-15 12:05:59 »
And it's quite clichéd.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2011-09-15 15:01:57 »
Fukui Mai will be performing “Yakusoku no Basho’ for the Japanese version, which will only be available on the PlayStation 3. For the Japanese Xbox 360 version, Charice  of GLEE fame will sing “New World.” Her song will also be featured in the western release of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 across both platforms.

GLEE HAS INVADED FF. NOT IMPRESSED.

http://finalfantasyxiii2.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/huge-ffxiii-2-update-new-trailer-theme-song-release-dates-more-new-soundtracks-dlc-special-lightning-ps3-more/

Hidden deep within the newly released TGS trailer, sharp detectives have found quite possibly an important new element to the battle system: Leader Change.
If you check out this image here, you’ll see it clearly says so in katakana in the command select menu.

In theory, this should allow you to swap party leaders in real time during battle—something FINAL FANTASY XIII most certainly lacked.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-15 15:35:41 by ultima espio »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2011-09-15 17:54:44 »
I'm actually looking forward to seeing hope in XIII-2 for some reason. Snow.. not so much. And that guy with the pink hair reminded me of the guy in Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #113 on: 2011-09-15 19:33:20 »

Huh? Him and Fang were the only ones I really liked. Sazh felt human, and seemed like a nice guy. I can imagine me, Fang and Sazh having some beers while talking sh*t.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2011-09-15 22:39:09 »
I'm actually looking forward to seeing hope in XIII-2 for some reason. Snow.. not so much. And that guy with the pink hair reminded me of the guy in Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts.

He looks much more tolerable in this one than in the last.

GLEE HAS INVADED FF. NOT IMPRESSED.

http://finalfantasyxiii2.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/huge-ffxiii-2-update-new-trailer-theme-song-release-dates-more-new-soundtracks-dlc-special-lightning-ps3-more/

Far too funny. Only for the Xbox 360 version though. Thankfully, I shouldn't have to listen to such nonsense, since I own a PS3, though I wouldn't be surprised if they did what they did last time and whacked the whole English release with the Glee song. At least if they release the normal one on PS3, all better people will be happy. Mwahaha.

Thank god Snow took that stupid toilet roll bandanahat off, though his hair looks a bit weird.

And finally - I WANT FANG. GIVE ME FANG NOW.

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2011-09-16 09:53:46 »
The protagonist of the game  reminds me of Riku and Sora while in battle. Felt that vibe in the latest trailer :P Don't know why, but the game feels copy pasted in some parts xD

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2011-09-19 01:48:31 »
Some new information from TGS about XIII-2 that I was too lazy to check if had already been posted:-

News piece covering the music and official release dates.

There will be a Gold Saucer-like amusement park featuring Chocobo Racing and other mini-games.

New Video Interview with developers which features small (tiny) snippets of new gameplay. Sadly no subtitles, it's all Japanese. The interview itself is at the Square-Enix building. Masashi Hamauzu is interviewed.

The news keeps getting better, but I'm going to say it once again. Give me Fang.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2011-09-20 15:19:13 »
Still no Fang. Or even Sazh, though I don't really care about him. I thought he was being revealed at TGS?

Somehow it looks better graphically than the previous trailers, though that may be my imagination.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2011-09-20 15:30:33 »
Well, there was this:

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2011-09-20 15:56:18 »
lol I wonder if they're changing his afro.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2011-09-21 12:14:01 »
Rumors of the Xbox 360 version being on multiple discs once again have now been proven false.

Famitsu shares some new information regarding FINAL FANTASY XIII-2′s disc count.

The PlayStation 3 version will of course be on one Blu-ray disc. The Xbox 360 version, however, will ship on one DVD. Quite the difference from FINAL FANTASY XIII, which required three discs on Microsoft’s system.

Director Motomu Toriyama cites increased use of real time event scenes, which has lead to a decrease in the game’s data volume.

Aside from the bit about FINAL FANTASY XIII-2′s disc space, Famitsu has even more information on the game.

The version of Hope seen in the TGS trailer is from 10 years after the end of FINAL FANTASY XIII. He is 24 years old, and the head of a scientific investigation group.
Caius, the game’s main villain, has an evil influence on both Valhalla and Serah’s world. In the Promise trailer, the black smoke emitting from Lightning is called “Chaos.”

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 will have some intense scenes as well, although not on the same level as FINAL FANTASY Type-0. QTEs will be a big part of the game, but failing them doesn’t necessarily penalize you. Clearing them will net you at least something, however.

By far the greatest addition is party switching. In FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, you’ll be able to switch out party leaders in real time during battle. This also means that, when your party leader dies, you will no longer game over.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2011-09-21 16:01:50 »
How do real time event scenes decrease the games data volume? As in, there'll be less CG?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2011-09-21 16:04:30 »
If I am getting the idea right it means using the existing models and simply providing them data to move... in that way it isn't a full FMV or rendering.  It is simply models with movement data.  MUCH smaller.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2011-09-21 16:11:56 »
Pretty much. I've looked at the data on the original FF13 discs, there was a lot of extra crap on there. The 360 version even had PS3 themes on it.