Author Topic: OpenVIII - an open-source Final Fantasy VIII engine implementation  (Read 53238 times)

rick

• View Profile
also i found the wmset.obj in the "world" archivie , but rinoa's tool set can't open it , it look for the wmx obj , are you really sure that the data of the enemies locations in the world map are in the file you mentioned? and more i watch the options , more that rinoa's toolset don't look like it can do what i want , that program is to mod the textures, not the location of the monsters in the world map , so if i understood correctly please tell me so i will wait untill this new program is ready
« Last Edit: 2019-09-11 12:15:22 by rick »

rick

• View Profile
not only that , rinoa's toolset seem only meant to let you watch the textures and the pieces of world map , but you can't actually do anything

rick

• View Profile
also just in case i will explain again what i want to do: you noticed when you walk in the world map and at some point you start a random battle ? well my interest is to make sure that for example in the island of balamb , instead of meet the lesmazor , i meet the wendigo

rick

• View Profile
that toolset are only for the graphical modding , it doesn't have nothing that allow to change the location of the enemies in the worldmap , but if i am wrong then please elaborate more the explanation because that program is anything but not intuitive

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
that program is anything but not intuitive
Yeah- that's why it's archived and no longer developed. I answered on e-mail. I'll record video tutorial for you later this day.

rick

• View Profile
Yeah- that's why it's archived and no longer developed. I answered on e-mail. I'll record video tutorial for you later this day.

ok then , i can't reply directly though the email because the fucking outlook don't even let me veryfy my account , and since i can't verify it , i can't reply from there , so i can tell you from here that i am waiting for that video tutorial so everyone will be able to solve that problem
« Last Edit: 2019-09-11 12:46:52 by rick »

rick

• View Profile
but i am curious about something: none forced you to create such a complicate program that forced you to forget about it, then why you make it so complicate ? it would be better for you and everyone else if you make it simple to use

rick

• View Profile
@Maki hi , so you publisced the video tutorial somewere ? did you read my private messages ?

-Ric-

• View Profile
Dude...

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
lol i know right

greator

• View Profile
calm down dude. Also try not to double post, you even quadruple posting. Edit your previous post and say what you want to say there, in one post.

One more thing, you are trying to EDIT the existing game. This is not the place (although Maki is nice enough to help you), this thread is for discussion of MAKING the open source game engine. If you have question or a problem, just create a new thread.

rick

• View Profile

even if my email can send messages, you can still send me the link for that  video from there

greator

• View Profile

Did you send me this email? Wow.

obesebear

• View Profile
Rick, bro, you gotta chill out with all the double posting.  It's ridiculous.  If you have something new to say and no one has responded to your original post, you need to edit it, not make a new one.   
Further violations of the forum rules will result in much harsher punishment.
You've been warned.

rick

• View Profile
if none even care to reply then i have no choice but to write another message,  and it isn't double posting because is not the same message, it is a new one, instead of expect ignored people to just suck it up, care to give an answer to what people say or ask , it would solve the problem , unlike what would do an edited previous message that would be ignored

-Ric-

• View Profile
if none even care to reply then i have no choice but to write another message,  and it isn't double posting because is not the same message, it is a new one, instead of expect ignored people to just suck it up, care to give an answer to what people say or ask , it would solve the problem , unlike what would do an edited previous message that would be ignored

Have you considered that maybe there's a reason why no one is replying to you? No one owes you a response.
What you have been posting about isn't easily doable. There doesn't appear to be a program that you can just open, edit encounters with 2 clicks, save and done. You're going to have to do proper research if you want to get that done this badly.

rick

• View Profile
Have you considered that maybe there's a reason why no one is replying to you? No one owes you a response.
What you have been posting about isn't easily doable. There doesn't appear to be a program that you can just open, edit encounters with 2 clicks, save and done. You're going to have to do proper research if you want to get that done this badly.

what you said mean literally nothing, and whatever you say it already have an answer in my previous comment

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2019-09-12 21:16:16 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:30:47 by Lorath »

rick

• View Profile
rick, i'm no staff member, but i think that if you continue with that behaviour, your future here is not exactly bright...

oh don't worry , as long as everyone reply to each other even only to say that they don't have an answer i won't have any need to repeat myself

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
@rick - focus now

1. Open Rinoa's toolset and click on this option on image

2. You are going to open the wmsetus.obj file- on the image you can see the Remaster folder. If it's 2013 steam version, then you would have less files, but still "wmsetus.obj" will be there (I still don't know which version you have :) )

3. Whoah! So many new options just became available! and... what!? what is that!? A world map encounters!?

4. Just open the worldmap encounters and voila! You can edit the encounter in last column

5. Remember to use 'compile and save' option- not close the window. Want to know which encounter is which monster? We got it!
http://wiki.ffrtt.ru/index.php/FF8/Encounter_Codes
Whoah! A whole list!
Want to know which region you are editing? Use 2: World map regions
It's really simple! Just click on the map and the region ID will update! Whoah! you can even edit it and the colours will change immidiately!

6. Now after all editing use the "recompile and save" and you are done! The wmsetus.obj has been edited perfectly!

and... don't be mean- I saw your post before you edited it ;)

rick

• View Profile
@Maki i was mad , and thanks for the explanation :D ,  this mod solve many problems , but if the region ID is the second on the left in that colum , what are the ID on the left, for example , in case of the island closest to hell that have 15 as region is , what is the meaning of that ID 576 ? also this procedure will also make the monsters fightable over and over again like normal monsters ? in any case i am testing it just now , it works perfectly , i can finally stop to create countless save blocks only to fight again a certain monster or a boss that normally allow only one fight , thanks again :D , this also solve the problem of the missing debug mode in the pc version since the possibility to fight any monster wherever you want was something that you could do with it , but this is even better because you can decide were to place the monsters
« Last Edit: 2019-09-13 13:58:46 by rick »

rick

• View Profile
and what are the controls to actually change the color of the highlited regions ?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
rick, when obesebear, a forum administrator, tells you to stop double posting, that doesn't mean argue or make excuses, and it sure as heck doesn't mean do it again. Enjoy a brief vacation from posting privileges. ~Covarr

greator

• View Profile
Thank you admin. Finally some peace in this tread.

Anyway I hope Maki have some update for this engine