Author Topic: Character Growth (Wallmarket Questions)  (Read 4020 times)

3py0n

Character Growth (Wallmarket Questions)
« on: 2010-07-04 18:07:01 »
Hi all,

First off this forum is FANTASTIC!!! I Love it haha and it's so awesome people still love the game so much and put forth so much effort to improve it =] Anyway, I wanted to get different character growths than the default and of course I used the search function and looked at modding editors like Wallmarket but sadly I can't seem to get it to work :(

I hope this is in the right section.  I apologize if it isn't.

I used WallMarket and went to the Initial data tab and then went to CharacterGrowth tab and played around with the values on the bottom left and even changed the value in the "Level Mod" textfield but to no avail.  Nothing happens, I don't even get changes in stats so I just manually changed it using Black Chocobo and now when I level I get no increase in stats at all...well I only looked at strength during level ups and didn't notice a difference.  Anyone know why?

And I know I'm using WallMarket correctly (the most recent version) because to test, I changed up the Limit Break functions like how many uses and kills required, etc and those work.

Also anyone know what the HP Divisor is for? And why there is such a large number under "uses" for the 2nd limit breaks in levels 1-3? like 1-2, 2-2, and 3-2 have 65535 uses lol
« Last Edit: 2010-07-04 18:14:30 by sl1982 »

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Re: Character Growth (Wallmarket Questions)
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-04 20:10:25 »
The very high # of uses is because limits 1-3, 2-3 and 3-3 don't exist - hence the data is not referenced, hence it is FFFF in hex (=65535 in decimals).

As for the HP divisor, it is what decides how much the limit bar fills, when someone takes a hit. The lower the number, the faster the gauge fills.

About your other questions, I don't know.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-04 20:13:08 by Armorvil »

3py0n

« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-04 20:20:46 »
ohhh icic...that makes sense.  And yea I figured that the HP divisor dictates how much of the limit bar is filled but it seems so little...maybe I'm not fully understanding it.  I mean at default, for the level 3 limit breaks, it says 435 HP. And to me it seems like you need to be hit for 435HP in order for your limit bar to fill up but that's not right...hrmm...and it can't be you need to be hit that much in order for the gauge to fill a bit either. lol

But thanks for the answers!

Hopefully someone knows the other ones.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-04 22:45:13 »
Wait wait wait....

Are you trying to set their initial values in the character growth tab? That's not correct at all. You need to go to the Character Data tab. Those Character Growth values affect the way the characters gain stats on level-ups. That'll only affect a new game though.

3py0n

« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-04 23:19:10 »
nono I'm not trying to change the initial values.  I'm trying to change how their stats grow when they level-up.  And whats?! It only affects new games!!! no wonder it hasn't been working :( Well thanks anyway.

And oh question.  I read the .chm file that came with it and I got the jist of what the curves/character growth is about but the values...are they kind of arbitrary or how does it work? I know the number you input on the bottom left hand corner isn't a direct influence of the stat. Like entering 10 for Str won't give character X 10 strength each level.

Thanks again :)  Things are starting to make more sense.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile

3py0n

« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-05 01:15:27 »
yea I just read it.  Thanks so much! Though it is still rather confusing lol

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-05 01:33:02 »
nono I'm not trying to change the initial values.  I'm trying to change how their stats grow when they level-up.  And whats?! It only affects new games!!! no wonder it hasn't been working :( Well thanks anyway.

If that's what you're really trying to do then it shouldn't require a new game. If you aren't trying to alter initial values then you're doing it right.

You may not be getting stats because your characters' stats have to have specific values to trigger an increase. It's very complicated and I only barely understand the theory behind it. Not well enough to explain it. Basically, look at the graph that WM has. If there's long stretches of flat-lining stats then there will be no gain in that one for several levels.

3py0n

« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-05 04:04:14 »
Hrmm...I THINK I understand...guess I'll have to play around with it some.  Thanks though.  It's a relief to know I don't need to start a new game!