Author Topic: Koran Burning a Bad Idea? (Sept, 11th)  (Read 26026 times)

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
Re: Koran Burning a Bad Idea? (Sept, 11th)
« Reply #50 on: 2010-09-13 03:46:20 »
Of course the BBC is a left wing organisation which is completely crippled by Political Correctness.  Just because some people like to use it to peddle their agenda, does not make this any less real.

Make what real ?  Muslim extremists ?

The IRA was as bad as the Muslim extremists back in the day.  Or probably the Crusaders.  And most likely most of Africa's "revolutionary fighters".  Most cultures, Western or otherwise, have their extremists.  It's just a matter of how big does their voice resonate within the general population.

As to the documentary, was it biased ?  Most likely to an extent.  But almost everything I hear in North American media on "Al Qaeda" also is.  Take a little bit from both sides and you're probably not far off from the truth.

I reccommend you watch the documentary if you haven't Seifer.  It talks about American politics just as much as Middle East's politics.  I think you'd find it interesting.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010-09-13 05:30:32 »
I don't even wanna join this conversation. I learned quite a bit though.....

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010-09-13 17:08:15 »
The IRA was as bad as the Muslim extremists back in the day.  Or probably the Crusaders.  And most likely most of Africa's "revolutionary fighters".  Most cultures, Western or otherwise, have their extremists.  It's just a matter of how big does their voice resonate within the general population.

You have just spoken 2 big myths there.  Firstly, the crusades came about BECAUSE of Islamic oppression and aggression.  Secondly, the IRA did not blow itself up in suicide attacks, and did not have a war against UNBELIEVERS or Jews or Christians (which is what the Muhammad instructs his followers to do).  Also, you may have noticed...  the IRA are no longer terrorising people, and they never attacked world targets.  The IRA is in no way comparable to Islamic problems.  The IRA also didn't kill thousands upon thousands upon thousands since it was founded, unlike Islam.  The IRA was not based on a religious book which brainwashes.  It was a political struggle not a political AND religious struggle.

Islam rewards those who kill their targets in its afterlife.  Thus there is no inhibition to Muslims whereas the IRA valued their own lives.  Osama Bin Laden said it best "The USA loves life, we love death, that is the difference between us."  You can't compare the ideology of IRA to the Koran.

I suggest you watch this: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2ee4WzxV4c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSlhxjM0TM8&feature=related

You are comparing chalk with cheese.

« Last Edit: 2010-09-13 17:18:19 by DLPB »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-09-13 18:03:54 »
[unsupported claims]

Ah, okay, it seems you don't actually know what you're talking about which actually relieves me quite a bit. You should take a course in religion or theology that requires you to read through a translated version of the Qu'ran (or at least parts of it) and break it down. The notion that it says in the Qu'ran that murderers are rewarded in the afterlife is equivalent to the notion that it says in the Bible that homosexuals go to hell. You understand that these interpretations seem to be the result of people trying to skew the meanings of passages to support their preconceived ideas once you actually take the time to study the text as opposed  to taking what you hear at face value.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010-09-13 18:16:19 »
[unsupported claims]

Ah, okay, it seems you don't actually know what you're talking about which actually relieves me quite a bit.

Congrats on being the first person in this debate to flame bait and take the argument to the person.  :mrgreen:  As for what you said, they aren't comparable at all. 

"If you murder you will be cast into the fires of hell [by god]"  is not the same as

“Slay the idolators [non-Muslims] wherever ye find them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the last Day…. Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! (Sura 9:5,29,41).

or as

Ishaq:240     "The Jews are a nation of liars.... The Jews are a treacherous, lying, and evil people."

The one in the bible is a punishment by god when you are dead, the one in the Koran is Muhammad instructing living followers to take up arms against non Muslims.

Are you really going to argue that they are the same thing?  Do you think it is a coincidence that there are so many wars and civil wars where Islam is a large minority or a majority?  Do you think it is a coincidence that the only world religion still killing people significantly (and nearly always) is Islam?  Do you think it is pure coincidence?

Do you?

How many more years of Islamic trouble will convince you?  Will it take a civil war or a terrorist attack on home soil every day?  Will it take another 1000 years of trouble with this same religion before people realise that this religion is different because the Koran is different.  That it is more dangerous because of how it instructs and the way it leaves little in these passages up to nice interpretations.

Islam is different.  It always has been and if the Koran remains unchanged, it always will be.  You can't make Mein Kampf a good book or Nazism a good ideology. 
« Last Edit: 2010-09-13 18:29:20 by DLPB »

old boss

• View Profile
@ DLPB
« Reply #55 on: 2010-09-13 19:35:10 »
I just want to correct u the qu'ran isn't written by mouhamad (pbuh) it is the saying of Allah u mistook it for haddith which is mouhamad's saying

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: @ DLPB
« Reply #56 on: 2010-09-13 20:34:03 »
I just want to correct u the qu'ran isn't written by mouhamad (pbuh) it is the saying of Allah u mistook it for haddith which is mouhamad's saying

You are obviously a Muslim (hence the pbuh).  The Koran is the doctrine set down by Muhammad which you believe is the word of Allah.

But it isn't.  It is Mr. Muhammad who wrote the Koran.  The koran is a book.  It is a man made book.   I am sorry to break this to you, but all religion is man made.  There isn't a shred of credible testable proof that any of it is divine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an

Islam holds that the Qur’an was revealed from God to Muhammad  orally through the angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) over a period of approximately twenty-three years, beginning in 610 CE, when he was forty, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death.[2][6][7]  Muslims further believe that the Qur’an was memorized, recited and written down by Muhammad's companions after every revelation dictated by Muhammad.

Not that that even matters.  The basics of this argument are that the Koran has many quotes telling followers what to do to non followers.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-13 20:48:05 by DLPB »