This is the rules page. I welcome all of our older members and new members to read over these and familiarize yourself with them. All users (even brand new ones) are expected to know and follow these rules. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse. You registered for an account on these forums and thus you should know these.We Do Not Condone Software Piracy
Asking where to get illegal software or cracks will not be tolerated. Asking for support for the Ultima Edition or any other pirated version of the game will not be tolerated. Any discussion regarding pirated software is an immediate warning. Assisting people that use pirated software is also forbidden.We Do Not Allow Ripped Content
Content ripped from other games, including models, backgrounds, textures, etc., is not to be distributed or requested. This content is just as copyrighted as the games it's ripped from. Please only distribute things either you created yourself, or you have permission to distribute.Asking for Help
We are here to help, but like to see people who try to help themselves.
- Try to find an answer by searching the Qhimm forums, there's also our Wiki Page.
- Try to find an answer by searching the Web
- Try to find an answer by experimentation!
- If you still cannot find a solution, make sure your post includes information about what you've tried.
- Be patient. We can't all be online all the time, and nagging will make us want to help you less, and may lead to warnings.
Posting to Specific Boards
- Double posting is generally not allowed. If your last post was less than 24-48 hours ago, edit your post.
- Posting in threads more than a month old IS allowed. However, if your post contains no relevant information it will likely be deleted and you will be warned. If a link is broken, inform the author by using a Private Message.
- CAPS LOCK MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE BEING AGGRESSIVE!! WE DON'T LIKE AGGRESSIVE PEOPLE!! SO DON'T USE IT!
- Smilies and shorthand (like lol) have a place in a message board, but too many can be annoying. If the amount of smileys you post is more than 1/5 of your word count, you may consider cutting some of them.
- Everyone interprets things differently than others depending on their culture, life experiences, and many other factors. If somebody posts a message that could be considered insulting or offensive to you, don't immediately flame them.
- Don't insult anyone. Report to a moderator if someone has insulted and/or threatened you. Responding in kind could get you warned as well.
- Be constructive with your criticism, if you like someones work then take the time to explain why rather than cluttering a thread with random words like "Nice" or "Cool". Similarly, if you don't like the work then be polite enough to offer advice on how it could be improved.
- Learn to use grammar and punctuation. Use of a spell checker is a good idea as well. "lol y evrone noes wat im sayin lol" is not an acceptable way of writing. Remember a well worded post shows respect to the people that are reading it.
- Try not to quote images. There is no need for it. If you wish to quote a post that contains an image just remove the link from the quote.
- Image macro's will be confined to Completely Unrelated. There is no reason for them to be elsewhere as they add nothing to the discussion. This is not /b/.
General guidelines on what should be posted where. These will be enforced. Obviously there will be some overlap between boards and there may be some confusion on which area a topic should reside in. Any gray area on where a topic should go will be decided by a moderator.General Discussion
This is the "catch all" forum. Feel free to post anything pertaining to one of the Final Fantasies. If you don't think your thread really fits in any of the other forums, putting it here is just fine.Audio/Graphical/Gameplay/Other Mods
These forums are for incomplete mods. Try to use common sense when creating threads; your custom Cloud model may be beautiful, but it doesn't belong in Audio mods. Releases
These subforums are for released
mods. As a general rule these should be pretty much complete.Aali's Custom FF7/FF8 Driver
This forum is only for Aali's driver. If you're playing FF7 for the PC, chances are you either ARE using this, or should be. Only Aali can post in the release thread. All questions/comments related to hid driver go in the other one.Tools
This forum is what makes EVERYTHING possible. Only threads containing programs that edit the game go here. No need for an example on this one. Programs only.Troubleshooting
For ANY problems or questions about the game. However, if your problem concerns a specific program or mod, it will make it a lot easier to help if you post in the thread where you downloaded it.Scripting and Reverse Engineering
This forum is about further advancement of editing the game. If there is something you would like to edit about the game (not concerning models), but can't find any info on how to do it, put your question here. If you've been exploring the game engine and found something new and useful, put it here.Archive
Older threads. No posting here, just a reference for old times' sake.Completely Unrelated
Anything goes. Things unrelated to Final Fantasy, image macros, double posting, reviving year old topics, and L337 $P34|<. However, all the big rules still apply.Q-Gears/FF7Voice/Team Avalanche
These forums are only
for their respective projects. If you've got something to say or ask about one of them, it goes in here.Use Meaningful, Specific Subject Headers
When posting a new thread, consider the subject header carefully. The subject is your opportunity to attract people to your thread, so it's in your own best interests to use it properly.
Stupid: HELP ME!!
Smart: Help required with getting model into FF7
Smarter: FF7 model importing issues - problem with assigning textures.Don't Be a D*ck
Be courteous, polite and show respect to others. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right. Being a d*ck may get you warned. It may get you moderated. You might get banned for being a d*ck. Even if you are right and someone else is wrong, keep things civil. Incendiary comments directed at individuals or groups of members are not allowed.
If you really can't get along with someone, you can put them on ignore. But don't mention the fact you're ignoring someone as a taunt or parting shot - just do it quietly. Telling someone you're ignoring them to insult them is prohibited.We Hate Spam
We don't want to buy your WOW gold, mobile phones or shoes. We already know where the porn is on the internet, so we don't need links to that either.
Post any of this and you will be banned.
Actually, you're best off not advertising anything on this site that isn't helpful to creating for or learning about Final Fantasy. If you feel you need to advertise anything, there are literally thousands of other forums where you can do that.We Are Not Your "Blog"
What we mean by this, is please don't create mindless threads that are extremely off-topic.
If you have a topic of reasonable discussion to post, then by all means, please post away and let the intelligent discussion begin. However, we do not want to see random posts of "I ate cookies today" or "My car is blue", etc. etc. Even within the Completely Unrelated forum, there is no place on Qhimm for such threads. They provide no topic for discussion and are generally useless and become filled with useless replies.
"More mods, less words" is a good mantra to go by when considering yourself a contributing member of the Qhimm community.
We generally hand out Warnings for such threads, so please think about what it is you'd like to post, and how it will benefit a community of video game artists and modders.Avatars
Avatars are a privilege not a right. Keep to these rules regarding avatars or suffer the consequences.
- Maximum picture size - 150x150 pixels
There is absolutely no reason to have more than one account. If you wish to change your display name you can change it in your profile. If anyone is found with more than one account they risk both accounts being banned.Reporting Posts
We ask users that see a violation of the rules to use the report post function. This will give all moderators notice that an infraction has occured. Posting in the thread itself is not advised. eg: Do not post in a thread that was inactive for years. Just because someone else necro'd a topic doesn't mean it is ok for others to post in it. Moderators can't be everywhere at once... These are your forums, if you see a problem, report it. Please note that reporting PMs is currently broken.
Only use the report button to report actual rule infractions
. Do not use it to report mods or tools that don't work, missing download links, members being unable to solve your problems despite their best effort, or updates that take longer than you hoped. If you cannot cite the exact rule being broken, chances are pretty good you shouldn't be reporting the post. Abuse of the report button will lead to warnings and potential moderation.Warnings
A warning system is in place to help enforce the rules. To help you understand how the system works I will outline it below. Keep in mind each day that passes the warning level will lower by 2% until you are back at 0, at which point the icon will be removed from your username. (but off course you will never be warned, right?)
Level 1 (1-20%) Watched
- User is placed on a moderator watch list. This allows moderators to see how frequently a user is breaking the rules. A green icon will appear under your username. This type of warning is simply to record what rule a user has broken.
Level 2 (21-40%) Moderated
- User is placed in a moderator approval mode. This means that any posts that the user makes will need to be approved before the post is actually posted. A user will be moderated if rules are being broken at a frequent rate. Users may still gain more warnings in regards to the content of the posts awaiting approval.
Level 3 (41%+) Muted
- User is banned from posting entirely, but will still be able to read posts. This type of warning will be dealt if the rule breaking appears deliberate and defiant. The only time you will see this is when a permanent ban is being considered. If you reach this level it is a good idea to really reflect on what you've done and plead your case to the moderators/admins as soon as you can.Private Messages
Users must have a minimum of five posts before they are able to send PMs. Do not post spam or meaningless threads to raise your post count, as such posts will be deleted, will not count toward the minimum, and may result in a warning. The same rules apply to PMs that apply to the public boards.
If you feel there is something that needs changing, post it here. Any personal complaints should be taken to a moderator or staff member (Obesebear, sl1982, halkun, Bosola, Covarr, EQ2Alyza, Vgr) via Private Message.