Author Topic: Current state.  (Read 107293 times)

nope

• nope
    • View Profile
Re: Current state.
« Reply #25 on: 2011-04-28 08:25:52 »
Okay that makes things a lot easier, thanks :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-04-28 19:20:43 »
It would certainly be nice to retain compatibility with currently-existing looped OGGs that are made for the winamp vgmstream plugin.

nope

• nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-04-28 22:03:36 »
I've noticed MSE seems to be finding a lot of viruses and trojans in the repo when it's being checked out, specifically in the .svn folders, do you know any more about this akari?

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-04-29 02:14:08 »
I've noticed MSE seems to be finding a lot of viruses and trojans in the repo when it's being checked out, specifically in the .svn folders, do you know any more about this akari?

I've been attacked by viruses lately. Now things seems better, but it seems that siruses are remain in .svn files. Don't know how remove them from there. I cant upload these files to svn.. they generated automaticly by server.

nope

• nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011-04-29 09:29:17 »
I'd say just re-init the svn if you can with a blank folder then commit the files again

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011-04-29 09:47:06 »
I would suggest changing to Git, and hosting on github or so.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-04-29 10:32:17 »
I would suggest changing to Git, and hosting on github or so.

I prefer merkurial, though I don't want to change to anything unless there will be many people in development. =)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #32 on: 2011-04-29 13:52:48 »
the only thing you can do to clean you .svn folders, is remove the files and do a fresh checkout.

the .svn files iirc are not stored by the server at all, but generated  when you do a checkout of an svn repo. based on the server diffs, then they are updated with diffs for each revision from teh change log of the server. when you do an update. Souceforge allows for quite a few different version control methods , but svn is mostly the ez one to use for most people.

nope

• nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-04-29 19:34:10 »
« Last Edit: 2021-12-31 12:57:32 by nope »

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011-05-02 17:09:39 »
In prepairing for new demo.

Changes:

2011-05-12
----------
* [Data] Reorganise data in prepare for demo maps. [Akari]
* [Walkmesh] Mode walkmesh draw from SimpleRenderable to debug draw. [Akari]
* [Debug] Add Line3d debug draw. [Akari]

2011-05-11
----------
* [Game] Add grid and axis go game debug draw. Add console variables (debug_grid, debug_axis) to manipulate it. [Akari]
* [Console] After tab is pressed left only one space between parameters. [Akari]
* [Console] Add autocomplete string to input on enter. [Akari]

2011-05-10
----------
* [Entity] Add debug direction draw. [Akari]
* [Console] Fix crush when try get auto completition for functions without it. [Akari]
* [Entity] Add a lot of entity script functions (is_visible, is_talkable, set_talkable, get_talk_radius,
           set_talk_radius, is_solid, set_solid, get_solid_radius, set_solid_radius ). [Akari]

2011-05-09
----------
* [Entity] Mode debug draw to entity class from Game. [Akari]
* [Entity] Add solid and talk collisions to entity. [Akari]
* [Render] Add DebugCylinder prototype. [Akari]
* [Walkmesh] Add debug draw and debug draw config variable debug_walkmesh. [Akari]
* [Entity] Add some debug info for entities. Add config variable to control it debug_entity. [Akari]
* [Application] Make possible to change alignment of debug text. [Akari]
* [Application] Make posible to set default load map from config. Set it to field_test1 for now. [Akari]
* [Font] Make debug font work with alpha. [Akari]
* [Application] Fix pixel aligment when draw in screen space. [Akari]
* [Camera] Add function to convert world point to screen space. [Akari]

2011-05-08
----------

* [Application] Rename log_level command to set_log_level to indicate command (not variable). [Akari]
* [Application] Add debug fps config variable. Enabled in config. [Akari]
* [Application] Make toggle command work with Strings instead of reals. [Akari]
* [Script] Add script manager debug and console variable to manage it (debug_script). Draws state of entity. [Akari]
* [Application] Move classes to new Debug system. [Akari]
* [Application] Rename masros (remove QGEARS prefix) for easiness. [Akari]
* [Application] Add debug draw Text Line and solid Quad. [Akari]

2011-05-07
----------
* [Application] Get rid of video config and initialise render manually. For now we use OpenGl and 800x600 resolution. [Akari]

2011-05-06
----------
* [Game] Add <entity_script> to scene file. Allows add scripts not assosiated with models. [Akari]
* [Script] Add script priority sorting. [Akari]
* [Script] Add script call functions (request, request_start_sync, request_end_sync). [Akari]
* [Entity] Add sync for animation end function (animation_sync). [Akari]
* [Script] Add external script syncing. [Akari]

2011-05-05
----------
* [Entity & Script] Add animation sequences and functions to manage entity animations (play_animation, play_animation_stop, set_default_animation). [Akari]

2011-05-04
----------
* [Script] Add script:wait function to pause script execution. [Akari]
* [Script] Add script entity and priority for them. [Akari]
* [Game & Script] Add scene load of map script. [Akari]
* [Entity & Script] Bind basic entity functions to script. [Akari]
* [Game & Script] Bind get entity by name to script. [Akari]
* [Script] Rename q_pring to print. [Akari]

* [Entity] add try to run "idle" animation by default during adding entity to scene. [Akari]
* [Entity] add animation start and update. [Akari]
* [Script] add "script_run_file" console command that executes lua file. [Akari]
* [Entity] Add base Entity class and EntityModel to implement models in scene. [Akari]
* [Entity] Add <entity_model> tag into scene file with position and direction.
* [Script] Add script manager with Lua 5.1 and luabind.
* [Console & Script] Add posibility to directly print lua script from console (mainly for debugging purpose).
* [Script] Add q_pring global function to scripts.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-12 20:12:02 by Akari »

Micky

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-05-16 19:33:21 »
By the way, the UI mockup movies look very nice!

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #36 on: 2011-05-29 05:55:40 »
Akari, You now have the keys to Q-gears. Don't wreck the car OK?

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011-05-30 08:44:57 »
Akari, You now have the keys to Q-gears. Don't wreck the car OK?

OK =D

Set up bugtracker. Register everyone who want =)

https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/q-gears/main_page.php

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011-06-02 12:11:57 »

If you have any issues with the menu then run them by me.  I might be able to help.  Also look at the menu overhaul project by me and kramner, in the first post I have left most of the hex values we have found in a rar file.

It may prove useful to you...

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011-06-03 08:10:50 »
If you have any issues with the menu then run them by me.  I might be able to help.  Also look at the menu overhaul project by me and kramner, in the first post I have left most of the hex values we have found in a rar file.

It may prove useful to you...

If you are interested with UI system and can help create UI for Q-Gears you are always welcome. But it won't be easy task. =)
A look closely on your project and you've done great things. If you want to help we can discuss this in separate post or in ICQ or in PM.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011-06-24 12:25:12 »
Now I start to work on UI system for q-gears. nothing spectacular yet though =D
Just small colorfull quads =)

Works using lua =)

2011-06-27
----------
* [Camera] Add free camera speed multiplyer when shift is pressed for faster movement. [Akari]
* [Application] Add screenshot console command. Take screenshot and save it in the same directory as exe file. [Akari]

2011-06-26
----------
* [Application] Add resolution console command that allow change resolution on fly. It allow switch between fullscreen and windowed also. [Akari]
* [UI] Width and height now all relative to basic 1280x720 resolution.
* [UI] Add horizontal and vertical alignment. Add width and height of elements in % and pixels. [Akari]

2011-06-25
----------
* [Script] Fix that function "print" was output to console only when log level was set to 3. [Akari]
* [Console] Fix error on autocompletition of commands. [Akari]
* [Application] Rewrite tokenise function to work with escape characters to allow inner quotes. [Akari]
* [Console] Add script_run_string command to bind scripts to buttons. [Akari]
* [UI] Widgets how hide it's children when hided. [Akari]

2011-06-24
----------
* [Script] Rename globat UI and Entity tables in script. Now Entity (was map) and Ui. [Akari]

2011-06-23
----------
* [UI] Add XML loaders for UI. [Akari]

2011-06-22
----------
* [Script] Rework script managet to allow work with nested tables. [Akari]

2011-06-21
----------
* [UI] Add colors for Ui widgets test draw. [Akari]

2011-06-20
----------
* [UI] Add test draw for UI widgets. [Akari]

2011-06-17
----------
* [UI] Add placeholder for UI. [Akari]

2011-06-28
----------
* [UI] Make widgets relative to their parents. [Akari]

Now only padding feature left and i can go from formatting to visual features =)

+2011-06-29
+----------
+* [UI] Added posibility to set x, y, width and height in percent and pixels altogether. [Akari]

After a bit testing seting params in pixels altogather with % seems more efficient than padding or margins.
UI can be drawn with all aspects just great. widgets can dynamic change their size acording to aspects. Everything for a good UI.

Now it's finished with layout and start time for a widget's animations =)

================================================================

New update. Sprites was added. But the most important thing that you can scale, rotate and translate them relative to their parents.

Now parent scissor test and animations on the way. Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-01 18:33:19 by Akari »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011-07-02 18:46:11 »
The Asian edition! Will there be a Brad or Robert downey jr edition? :D NNo, This is absolutely fantastic! Your moving very quickly as of like Akari :)

Polefish

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011-07-03 11:22:15 »
I want a special Miyazaki Aoi - Asian Addition please :D but Toda Erika is fine too.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011-07-05 00:31:38 »
Ok guys, I now have unlimited free time. Id like to give a lot of it to q-gears. I tried messing with it like a year ago and it confused me greatly.

Can one of you fine fellows lend me a guiding light so that I can lend you a helping hand?

I guess what I need is a simplified guide of how to get started and then a direction to work in.

Please Im serious about doing this, but I can tell Im going to need a little assistance to get started. If any of you can direct me, I will be more than happy to work on this for years.(Ive already been here 1.5 years, and dont plan on leaving ANYTIME soon)
Plus I see Q-Gears as the ultimate step forward for the community as a whole.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011-07-05 06:17:08 »
Ok guys, I now have unlimited free time. Id like to give a lot of it to q-gears. I tried messing with it like a year ago and it confused me greatly.

Can one of you fine fellows lend me a guiding light so that I can lend you a helping hand?

I guess what I need is a simplified guide of how to get started and then a direction to work in.

Please Im serious about doing this, but I can tell Im going to need a little assistance to get started. If any of you can direct me, I will be more than happy to work on this for years.(Ive already been here 1.5 years, and dont plan on leaving ANYTIME soon)
Plus I see Q-Gears as the ultimate step forward for the community as a whole.

Guide to what to do:
Register on sourceforge, add yourself to project mantis bugtrack.
Grab lastest version from merkurial and compile it. Make sure it's work.
Look at the source and understand how it works. Ask if you don't understand something.
Next try add some feature. I need sound manager ans Rhys is missing somewhere - you can add sound.

That's it... simple )

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011-07-05 08:12:07 »
Thanks for the quick reply, Im gonna give it a shot( Ill make a seperate topic or pm you if I run into any problems.)

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011-07-08 19:17:49 »
Animations done. =)

2011-07-07
----------
* [UI] Add animation play functions to lua script. [Akari]
* [UI] Add animations to widgets. Translation, rotation and scale. [Akari]
* [UI] Separate colour and alpha. And move them to widget class. [Akari]

2011-07-06
----------
* [UI] Add tag show="true" to enable visibility right on start. [Akari]

2011-07-02
----------
* [UI] Add widget transformation support. Scale and Rotation. [Akari]
* [UI] Add parent scissor test. Tag scissor="true" in screen description file. [Akari]

Now just few steps left until new release. UI text is one of them =)

Polefish

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011-07-08 20:25:52 »
Im so exited  ;D

btw. RetroHelix here, the one giving your livejournal-blog a watch every 10 hours or so :)

PS: Do you have any infos about the stealrate in FFIX? After 9 years or so, Im on a playthrough of this lovely story and everytime it comes to bossfights I try to steal the heck out of the opponent but  I was never able to steal everything from a boss. I counted the tries one time and decided to let the items go. 15 tries in a row missing...

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011-07-08 22:36:37 »
Maybe a new youtube video to demonstrate what you've got so far on the next release? :P

Or is compiling it in windows not to difficult? (i've never compiled a thing haha)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011-07-09 14:10:47 »
Im so exited  :-D

btw. RetroHelix here, the one giving your livejournal-blog a watch every 10 hours or so :?:

PS: Do you have any infos about the stealrate in FFIX? After 9 years or so, Im on a playthrough of this lovely story and everytime it comes to bossfights I try to steal the heck out of the opponent but  I was never able to steal everything from a boss. I counted the tries one time and decided to let the items go. 15 tries in a row missing...

You have rare: 1/256
semi-rare: 16/256
uncommon: 64/256
common: 256/256 (I think)

Just took me 45 minutes to steal the Fairy Flute from Hilgigars, but I've heard horror stories of it taking hours.