Author Topic: FF7 Voice Audition Thread  (Read 30798 times)

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 Voice Audition Thread - Bombing Mission
« Reply #25 on: 2011-06-12 13:07:09 »
Again, no Barret.

Another extension.

Some sound editing to the voice is possible so if you have a deeper voice naturally, please do send something in.

I'm itching to start recording!

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-06-23 13:06:01 »
*Still* no Barret.

The rest of the cast could be completed now (even though you can still send something in for others as auditions aren't officially closed yet) but we can't move forward without Barret!

If you know anybody who'd fit the part, please let him know about this.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-23 13:12:21 by Marc »

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-06-26 13:59:12 »
Since i want this project to be finished, i would like to give it a shot for Barret's voice actor. I just wanted to ask something beforehand. Since i am from Greece I'm not quite sure if my accent is perfect. Should i give it a shot and audition or not???

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-06-26 14:41:21 »
Try and we'll see.

The audition lines are in the VAA thread.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #29 on: 2011-06-27 17:58:22 »
I really doubt my friend gets his voice deep enough for barret. He's more Reno / Hojo / Rufus type
I think the main problem here is that barret-voice-like people are not exactly the nerdy type

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011-06-27 18:02:07 »
Why not just get someone to do the voice acting then run the samples through a program that will deepen it, and just mess with it from there?  Seems like the best bet.

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-06-27 18:14:07 »
I really doubt my friend gets his voice deep enough for barret. He's more Reno / Hojo / Rufus type
I think the main problem here is that barret-voice-like people are not exactly the nerdy type

You'd be right to assume most black guys don't seem to be huge ff fans for some reason, based on the auditions we've seen.

As for your friend, is his voice is deep enough to be Rude, I'm sure some minor voice editing on our part could get him there.  Please ask him to send something in.  We can't move forward without a Barret.

Why not just get someone to do the voice acting then run the samples through a program that will deepen it, and just mess with it from there?  Seems like the best bet.

That's exactly my plan.  However, the voice must have some inherrent qualities to start with.  For example, the director's voice who is somewhat high pitched can't come close to doing a Barret without totally destroying the sound bite through editing.  That's why a deeper voice, even though it might not be "Mr. T" deep, would probably work as sound editing could get us there for the remainder of the way.

Edit : All roles cast EXCEPT for Barret.  Recording will not start until a suitable Barret is found.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-28 12:57:07 by Marc »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011-06-28 21:26:50 »
Do you need a super quality mic? I have a webcam mic, And i'm not exactly Mr.T deep. But i can be angry and deep like i always thought he was.

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-06-28 22:25:04 »
Mic quality is an important point but you should try to submit something regardless.  Sound editing will be done on the material.

If you get picked, a fairly good quality mic is only 10-15$ and I'd suggest getting one at that point though.

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011-06-30 04:32:33 »
Casting is complete for this part of the game.

More roles will be added at a later date.

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-07-14 13:25:18 »
Cloud needs to be recast.

Same procedure as before.

First who fits the job gets it so hurry up if interested.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: FF7 Voice Audition Thread - Recasting Cloud
« Reply #36 on: 2011-07-18 03:14:07 »
Might I inquire as to why is Cloud being recast? Did the old one quit or was he deemed unfitting?

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011-07-19 03:02:58 »
I didn't make that call, the director did so I don't know the exact reason.  I assume he didn't submit his lines in a timely fashion after being reminded a few times.  Since this is scene 1, it's the right time to make these kind of adjustements.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #38 on: 2011-07-19 03:58:19 »
You know what would really help grow interest of potential VAs for this?
If you give a rough idea of what kind of voice is needed for a role. In some cases it is pretty obvious ( Barret, Aerith, Yuffie ) in others it's pretty much free guess ( Tifa, Vincent, Cat Sith, Red 13, Reno, Rufus, Hojo )
Sure, people could try to orient themselves on the AC voices but eh..

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011-07-19 04:26:58 »
in others it's pretty much free guess ( Tifa, Vincent, Cat Sith, Red 13, Reno, Rufus, Hojo )
Sure, people could try to orient themselves on the AC voices but eh..
I've been planning on auditioning for Reno as soon as the role opens up later on, fully planning on doing a Quinton Flynn impression. Why? Because he played the part so perfectly that it just wouldn't be as good any other way.

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011-07-19 11:48:55 »
Voice type ideas are provided in the VAA thread as well as the proper lines.

Edit : also recasting Biggs.  We did receive most of the other lines for scene 1 though so we should have a video up within a few weeks!

Update : Cloud recast.  Still looking for Biggs.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-06 13:12:30 by Marc »

Marc

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Voice Audition Thread - Recasting Biggs and Barret
« Reply #41 on: 2011-08-17 12:29:53 »
Unfortunately, our Barret has opted out just as he was finising recording his lines.  I assume the standard of quality and the needed revisions was too hard for him to stomach.

So we, again, need a new Barret.  As well as a Biggs.

If nobody steps up, the director could voice Biggs although its not our preferred choice but Barret is too far for his voicetype.

We have the recordings for every other scene 1 VA and the quality is stellar.  A great improvement over the first take of this project so I'm confident that once we've found reliable VA'S for the major roles, this project will move ahead full speed.

If you have a bassy voice, please send us a demo (Barret lines are in the VAA link up top) and we'll go from there!

Barret has a huge role in the first parts of the game but is a bit less intensive as it goes on so someone committed is required.

Thanks.

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011-09-01 06:59:10 »
has barret been found or we can still audition for the position????

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011-09-01 12:00:01 »
We are awaiting for some auditions from some VA who have already played the part in other projects but the part hasn't yet been cast so we definitely would encourage you to audition.

First suitable audition gets the part so send something in ASAP if interested.

Marc

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Voice Audition Thread - Recasting Biggs
« Reply #44 on: 2011-09-08 12:27:57 »
We found a VA to play Barret.

Hopefully we can show a completed video of the bombing mission and following scenes soon!

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011-09-21 01:13:52 »
Still need a biggs? I might accept the part. How good of a mic should i get? (don't have one) and what recording software?

fantasycloud

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011-09-22 12:44:10 »
i don't think the project will be finished because of lack of wanted voice actors to cooperate, maybe i'm wrong?

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011-09-22 12:56:15 »
i don't think the project will be finished because of lack of wanted voice actors to cooperate, maybe i'm wrong?

Yes, you are.  It's always longer to start the casting process if you're holding to your standards, which we are.  Most big roles have been cast.

Still need a biggs? I might accept the part. How good of a mic should i get? (don't have one) and what recording software?

Sure.  I'll have the director post his comments on the mic here.  I use audacity for recording software.  Open-Source.  Free.  High quality and easy to use the noise cleanup feature.

fantasycloud

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011-09-23 14:07:28 »
hope it will finish soon,,, i think you should focus only in the main characters to finished the project at a prescribed time because if you will do all the characters voices ,,,,man it's long... more power looking forward...

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011-09-23 18:20:02 »
hope it will finish soon,,, i think you should focus only in the main characters to finished the project at a prescribed time because if you will do all the characters voices ,,,,man it's long... more power looking forward...
What's with all the comma's and periods?