Easy installing mods into Final Fantasy VII with Bootleg
First of all
you will need to BUY FF7 (English Version)
if you don't have it.
For Example at AmazonDOING A MAXIMUN INSTALLATION OF FF7 IS A MUST!Why US Version?
Bootleg does not support multi language at the moment. If you want to take the risk
, you can, and it will work, but I will tell you now, do not cry if you have many crashes
, because as I told you before it is supposed to be used on the English Version
.Works in any Windows?
Bootleg mods should work on Windows XP/VISTA/7 (32 & 62 Bits). You should not have any problems!Free Space needed:
The installation requires a minimum 16GB of free space
The final installation is 7GB to 9GB
depending on mod selection.
Well... Lets the tutorial begin!
1.-Download Bootleg last version (All credits to PitBrat & VGR)
Open "Bootleg0036.rar" and extract it wherever you want.
After you extracted it;
to run as Administrator
Right Click on Bootleg.exe
Go to the Compatibility Tab
Check Run this program as an administrator APPLY
Now to start Bootleg, open BFE.exe
Lets set up how do we want our FFVII.
You can set up your FF7 manually or use a preset clicking on "Presets" at the top bar.(I recommend clicking a Preset and then if you don't like something remove or change it, like I will show you)
I Like to use the "Full" preset.
Original Full preset.
Then I change things that I dislike.
The arrows says what I have added/removed comparing with the original full preset.
(Anyway this modifies are up to you, this is just what I do suggest you)
Now click at the top bar "File --> Mod List".
You will see a big list with the supported mods of Bootleg, with their original files names:
Why each file have different color?GREEN:
Files that are in this color are the mods that you already have.|||||YELLOW:
Files that are in this color are the mods that you do not require with the configuration you have set.RED:
Files that are in this color are the mods that you must have.
, you should not press "Run Bootleg" if you have any mod with this color.
As you can see we do not have anything on green, that is because we have not downloaded any mods yet. Now take a look on the right of each file there is a link, each one is for downloading each mod.
You can also download them using this thread: The Big List of Mods (Credits: PitBrat)START DOWNLOADING ALL THE MODS THAT ARE COLORED IN RED !!- TIPS:
- Place each mod you are downloading in the same folder as you extracted Bootleg.
- Do not change the file name of the download, leave their exactly as they come.
- Do not extract files that you think that can be extracted (*.zip *.rar files for example) Bootleg will automatically install them.
- Be patient you will probably need to download around 10gb.
- There are two versions of FacePalmer: FacePalmer.zip and the 20 FacePalmer.part??.rar files. You do not need both versions. (Thanks PitBrat)
- There are two versions of Millenia's Cloud Swords: manual--1272687090.rar and automatic-- cloudswords_installer.rar. You do not need both versions. 1272687090.rar is recommended.(Thanks PitBrat)
Now that you have downloaded all the files that are red colored.
Your folder should look similar to this:
And the mod list that is in "File --> Mod List" similar to this:
If you have something similar to the above Mod List screenshot, you are ready for the installation step.
Be sure the "Locations" at the bottom part, are right! (Tell me if this needs more explanation)
Now you are ready!! Click the red "Run Bootleg" button at the right!
Good job, you should now be installing full mods into FFVII doing almost nothing!
I will continue the guide if I see that it's needed.! (It's most likely that I will continue it)
- All credits to their respective creators of each mod.
- PitBrat and VGR for Bootleg.
- Daniish for the tutorial and pictures.
- UGerstl for helping me fix some typos and the pictures for maximun installation.