For those who want to (re)create field files for TA....
I uploaded SpooX Walkmesh exporter alias ShinraTool in the repo.so it is accessable only for the people who have the appropriate access.notes V01A: (2012-11-24)
runs on windows
works with psx version of FFVII
delivers only maxscript with walkmesh and camera.
I included a pdf with all walkmeshes and their names in the same folder.any bugs, suggestions or anything else, just let me know in this thread.
How to use it:
- insert your psx cd, and select a dat file from the field directory.
- the maxscript will appear in the export folder.
- in max open the maxscript editor, load or copy paste the script inside, and press [ctrl]-E (or use tools, evaluate all)
- set 1 viewport to the camera.
- load the background image as a background ([Alt-B] and set the display to match bitmap or render settings)
- set the rendersize in the rendersettings to the size of the background image, and press [shift]-F in the viewport to display the
- slightly adjust the fov to match the walkmesh on the background, and if needed adjust the roll of the camera to match.
notes V01B: (2012-11-28)
Blender exporter included. - note that in the script all objects in the current scene will be deleted....notes V01C: (2012-11-28)
For all people with different modeling packages, I decided to include a Wavefront object exporter, for the walkmesh and camera.
The catch here is that you can't export a camera in this format, so The camera is created as a simple line,
starting from the camera position, towards the target. At least you can easily set the camera on the exact position,
but just have to play with the fov or focal length of your modeler.
Another negative issue with this format is that it can not handle animation, or keyframes. Could do a camera track as a spline also, but that will take a lot of time to set up I think
enjoy, and post your results. Especially when you have some nice shiny hardware to show off......