Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496364 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven
« Reply #600 on: 2017-07-27 08:38:37 »
New Head and body:
New Head, body, arms, and hip:
Final model:

I only need to make the parachute model of him and then I have to convert the model to battle, world map and the chocobo race. I made for the logos on his arms new textures which give a much cleaner result.

Godlift

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2017-08-26 21:42:51 »
Hi I was wondering about the community Flevel project. Is it compatible with R03e? If so would I just use the new f level then patch ro3e or if it isnt compatible do you have a version with just the model height changes and nothing else that way I could patch with r03e still? thanks!

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2017-08-27 11:26:01 »
The community Flevel project is, well, dead or I should better say that the Reunion has now similar aims and fixes a lot. Regarding the model heights they are already separated and can be turned on and off in the ChaOS  base mod. Though, since R04 (or was it R05?) does add new models to the model loader for specific scenes, there are scenes, which will crash.

Godlift

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2017-08-27 16:34:43 »
Ahh I see, Thanks for the quick response. Keep up the awesome work on these models!

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2017-09-01 10:55:14 »
I'm not really finished with Cid, the mini game model is missing, but I will go on and revisit the next main character which is Red XIII. The new design will be a mix of the both play toy models of him. See here
The AC model has the better proportions and looks more agile and aggressive while the other has a better color scheme and the body hair isn't that long. More or less you can say, I want to achieve the wolf like body shape of the AC model but give it the lion like look of the other one. Possible that I have to touch the animations as well.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #605 on: 2017-09-02 05:14:43 »
I agree on the proportions vs. color schemes. Hopefully you can provide the best of both worlds :)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 2017-09-06 10:39:13 »
Phew, I looked at Red XIII and his animation. This will be a really huge project. Around 80 animations needs to be edited, because the current skeleton isn't correct regarding a real animal. The biggest problem are the legs. The front legs have an additional bone which probably is there to give the illusion of muscle movement and the hind legs have a totally wrong shape which ends up with strange animations.  My biggest problem here are the siting animation. My plan is to make the new model, then do a few animations and document how I have done it and then open a new project where I need help with reanimating him. Though, I could work with the original chibi skeleton but I want to have it done correctly.

Ddeathscythe

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2017-09-28 07:28:20 »
Hi Kaldarasha, love the work! I can't wait to see all these updates come together for Reunion R06! I personally couldn't wait so I thought I would try out the single file versions that were provided. One slight problem I got after replacing the character models in my battle folder was that during battle, Aerith's eyes are blacked out. Could I get some clarification as to what happened or how I can fix this?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2017-09-29 20:15:10 »
This is a bug with the rerelease, which I didn't really understand, since it I haven't this problem with the OpenGL driver.
You can try to use my test folder for the new battle models. https://mega.nz/#!2QtFVTbQ!j4aQqSp0W04wCK9UKr1q1AbntPlEUoUactOXzLeLVWg

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2017-10-04 14:36:19 »
Really enjoy your work Kaldarasha. It's great that DLPB decided to use your models for the Reunion Mod project.

For the most part, I feel your models fit in well with the pre-rendered backgrounds but there's at least one screen where they look very mis-matched - the church roof scene. Square somewhat away with using giant chibi-lego models on that cartoonishly disproportionate background but it looks too awkward with your models. Is it possible to shrink Aerith and Cloud's models in that scene?

Apologies if this has already been brought up or is the wrong threat to ask about it.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-05 15:54:50 by Matski »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2017-10-17 06:41:52 »
Not much time to respond as I wish to have, but, well, time will be soon different.

I did resize most models for every field, the problem is that this is stored in the flevel.lgp itself. Though, thanks to 7H, I was able to extract only the necessary part - the model loader. While this is widely compatible with all languages it isn't compatible with mods, which do actually alter the model loader of the flevel.lgp. I assume that NT and the Reunion mod will have some problems with this. If you want to alter the size for that scene by yourself, you need Makoureactor. With it you can alter the size for every model and somewhere (walkmesh -> miscellaneous -> field scale) is also a setting, which defines what the normal size of a model in that scene is and gives the model the correct movement speed.

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2017-10-24 15:58:22 »
Thanks for taking some time to respond and for walking me through the steps needed to mod the game.

I was hoping to gauge your opinion on the models in that scene. If you were happy with them then yes I was going to go ahead and edit them myself. So I'm grateful for instructions. Like you, I'm busy at the moment but when I have some free time I'm considering getting into modding ff games. Who would be the most appropriate forum member to PM regarding editing VII's FMV files?
« Last Edit: 2017-10-24 15:59:53 by Matski »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 2017-10-25 18:04:06 »
Depends on what you want to do with the FMV files. There are a lot of replacements already. DLPB has done some work and probably the most knowledge about format and editing them, but has probably his hands full with his Reunion mod. Grimmy has also done very nice replacements: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12841.0

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2017-11-01 10:12:49 »
Well, just to put it out there - the idea was to edit the (nine by my count) FMVs that integrate the box-monster models as one with the video and rerender them just as backgrounds. Characters would be replaced using the in-game polygon models. The aim is to provide a more cohesive character art style for the game, where gamers who choose to use the more well proportioned model mods won't ever have to put up with the box monster models.

I don't know if a mod like this already exists, or if it's feasible or if there would be any interest. If there are no plans for a mod like this but you think it would be feasible and would draw interest then I may start working on it.

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2017-11-24 17:44:31 »
Excuse the double posting. It's been a few weeks since the above post and at least this one is more relevant to the thread.

I mentioned in DLPB's Reunion thread that I had a number of questions regarding your models. The linked pictures and videos are from streamers who used the Reunion Mod:

In the scene where the Shinra no. 26 rocket hits Meteor, there is a guy infront of the Shinra building that is holding a rifle. Was it intentional for the model to be holding a gun?
Screenshot | Youtube Streamer Example | Twitch Streamer Example

During the cutscenes in the Submarine, Red folds his arms. Is he meant to be doing this or is it a mistake?
Screenshot | Twitch Streamer Example 1 | Twitch Streamer Example 2

When the party parachutes into Midgar, Cid's model doesn't have a parachute backpack like the other party members do: Are there any plans to create one?

During the Proud Clad scene, its hand isn't flat when it's holding Heidegger and Scarlet. Furthermore Heidegger looks like he's floating mid-air. Any chance this can be fixed?

Apologies if any/all of these have already been addressed before.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-26 09:15:03 by Matski »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2017-12-01 22:07:03 »
The rifle guy was added by the PRP team and was meant for the scenes in the slums. It can be easily and for any mod solved with 7H or DLPB ad a new model for the particular scene in the weapons shop. The problem is that there is no equip object function in the script logic that's why when a model should wield an object we have to add the object to the model and replace the existing one or save it as a new model and adding it to the model loader and the scripts.

Red is currently my nemesis. It's not only his animations but his whole anatomic is freaking wrong. There are two bones in the front legs (one on each side), which are not correct. I really could need them to give him a better flexibility, but I can't change the order without screwing up the animations. Also, his sit position is unnatural. Normally the lower hind legs would touch the bottom but only his paws are touching it. If I had a tool to convert animations to other skeletons, this wouldn't be much of a problem. In other words I try to avoid changing the animations of him - for now. But it's on my to do list.

Cid has a model for that scene. Maybe something screwed up, but I hope my new model will fix it.

Yes this can be fixed, though, I'm not sure if I change the position of the hand or if I change the animation(s).

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2017-12-02 13:15:29 »
I fixed today the walk animation of Red XIII and have shrunken down some weird bones in the front legs which shouldn't be there.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-03 16:38:54 by Kaldarasha »

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2017-12-02 14:23:50 »
  • The Rifle Guy - Is there a currently a version of the upscaled model without the gun? Or is that the only version of the green coat guy that's going to be available?
  • Red - This is interesting to know. From those new images, it seems like you're making good progress. Not only do the front legs look much better but I also like the new spinal hair too.
  • Cid - I hadn't noticed the post at the top of the page, stating the progress with Cid's parachute. It may have just missed inclusion on 5.0c and is likely going to be introduced in the next version. Good to know it's already covered.
  • Proud Clad - It may require both. Looking at the scene again, Heidegger and Scarlet are positioned around the Clad's wrist and possibly need moving upscreen slightly. Hopefully it won't be too time consuming.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-02 18:19:20 by Matski »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2017-12-03 16:51:13 »
The rifle can be easily deleted from the model. When Dan's new mod manager is out I do more frequent updates. I may have now an idea how to deal with the back legs. This will result in changing a good bunch of animations. I hope that it won't be too many.

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 2017-12-06 13:39:34 »
As great as it would be to see those ideas rolled out with R06, it seems like the kind of intricate work that shouldn't be rushed. Looking forward to the changes whenever they are ready. Keep up the top work!

:)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2017-12-06 21:05:17 »
I hope with the release off R06 I can maintain the character more directly without to rely on Dan too much. However, this will be mean that I have to split the releases into two one for the Reunion (which has Dan's approval) and one for testing purpose. And then a 7th Heaven addon (like the dynamic weapons for Cloud [and soon Tifa]  ;) ).

Regarding Red XIII I came to the point, where I think that I have to reanimate him entirely. But I do work with the old skeleton for the time being and make with it the battle model. The new skeleton will have an extra neck bone and I change the tail to use 4 bones instead of 2. One bone isn't used and I merge the tail top with a part of the current tail to get a better movement for it. But that something for the next year. Maybe someone will help me with that. Reanimation isn't that hard, but Kimera can be sometimes frustrating.  ;D

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2017-12-11 22:02:44 »
I'm nearly done with Red XIII.

There is a bit kind of fur added which I didn't plan to do but I needed it to make the transitions on the legs a bit smother. It's also a bit more in line with the fur of his face this way. I also added some fake reflection to his bangles and have them also as separated mesh for further modifications. Oh, and the tail is now merged with his tip tail so it has more movement and looks a bit smother.  Well, I need to test it in game but I think it will be fine.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2017-12-11 22:12:22 »
Red is looking great! Nice job Kal! I like that you added fur to his overall model so it actually looks like he has fur where theres meant to be fur.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2017-12-15 11:09:52 »
I got a bit distracted because Okami is on Steam now. ;) Anyway, the field model is now finished which means I will now try to port the new pieces over to the battle model. Speaking of Okami I would like to add this mirror weapon to Red one day. It should suit him. Once the battle model is done I have to sort the current done models and make versions of them for the minigame for the next release. I know that there is something wrong with Tifa and her cowgirl model.
After that, I'm not sure which character I do next. Personally Vincent would be my choice, but Cait Sith is the next logical character. (Though, as most of us I don't like him. I would like to replace him with an entire new character which has the slot machine limits but also can use some limits from Aerith. A true Ex-Soldier would be good because there aren't many Soldiers in the game anyway.) Sure there is also Yuffie but she isn't that urgent for a revisit.

Luigi Brosse

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2017-12-16 16:14:33 »
Yuffie is one of my favorite characters :) but I agree that story wise, Cait Sith is probably more important.