Author Topic: [FF7PC] Tifa Model (2013-08-27)  (Read 42284 times)

bobothehippo

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Tifa Model
« Reply #25 on: 2014-02-08 02:50:09 »
Okay, that sounds really cool! So how can I:
set 7th Heaven to run an alternate program alongside it, so have it run FF7Music to get your music back.
..? Something somewhere in the 7thHeaven's workshop-settings thing, maybe?

And yeah, I really do need to study up on all this. Like how to install all these amazing textures that I've downloaded here.
Is there a beginner's guide thread out there somewhere that I should be reading? I'm finding it a little difficult to navigate these forums.
For now I'll go looking for that 7thHeaven thread, though. Thanks for the help!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: 2014-02-08 06:26:35 »
I'll make a guide sometime when I have the time. It's not difficult to learn.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #27 on: 2014-02-08 18:54:09 »
Thanks, that worked out great!
I also managed to get cmh175's Red XIII model working in the 7th Heaven program, too.

I've downloaded a bunch of other graphical mods from the forums here, but those are the only two that seem to work in this program. Does anyone have any reccomendations for more .iro files that can work with this? I'd really like to get a new skin for Cid- as Cloud, Tifa, and Cid are usually my main characters.

And, is there any more kinds of programs like 7th Heaven that I need in order to get all the other mods I have working?
Like, I have a file; HD Cid.7z that I would also like to use, but when I open up the folder it has a bunch of folders inside like Battle, Chocobo, Field, World- but no .iro versions. Is there another way to get these kinds of files working, because I don't think they're meant for the 7th Heaven program, right?

Sorry about that, I never got around to a 7H version for HD Cid. Like Kaldarasha mentioned you can just add ".lgp" after every folder name and it'll work, though I suggest using an iro instead of a regular folder it seems to slow the game down some. I'll post a 7H HD Cid in a bit. A tutorial would be great. I'm interested in the catalog feature so updates for released mods are automatically downloaded (that's how that works right?) I'm also curious about using 7H to swap the battle backgrounds based on the battle numbers for particular triggered events like what was done here -> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14661.0 without overwriting the battle scene that was replaced.

For FF7Music just find the exe in the Run Also option and 7H will open it too. Sorry Bloodshot for hijacking the thread, we should resurrect the 7H thread for further discussion.

bobothehippo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2014-02-09 02:02:38 »
Sorry about that, I never got around to a 7H version for HD Cid. Like Kaldarasha mentioned you can just add ".lgp" after every folder name and it'll work, though I suggest using an iro instead of a regular folder it seems to slow the game down some. I'll post a 7H HD Cid in a bit.

Uhh, sorry- could you please try explaining that again? I have no idea what that means.

Like, which folders? I have the file 'HD Cid.7z' and inside that file are Battle, Field, Chocobo and World folders. Do I add .lgp to those folders through renaming them, or what? And how would I get 7th Heaven to import them?
I don't even know what it means to 'unpack' and 'repack' and stuff, is that like Extracting the files?

But if you're just going to make a .iro of that Cid file then nevermind, that would eliminate any need for these questions because it'll run just as easily as the Tifa one, right? Oh, but then I've somehow gotten some other mods to work, like the HD sewer one. Through 'modpath' or something, a folder I think I created.. I don't even remember how I got that to work.

For FF7Music just find the exe in the Run Also option and 7H will open it too.

And this here, I really don't know what any of this means. I know that there's a program that is open when I play the game called FFVII Music, but I don't know about 'Run' or 'Also option', and how do I get 7H to open that? I don't know which exe file I should be looking for or where it would be, and even then I wouldn't know how to get 7H to run it.

I'll make a guide sometime when I have the time. It's not difficult to learn.

Yeah, that would be great for me and probably a bunch of other dumb newbies just like me. I'd really appreciate it.

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2014-03-10 08:36:24 »
I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if there was a way to install this by using Tifa bootleg.
Last time I checked this mod was not in the pack.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2014-03-10 16:36:07 »
Bootleg would need to have an updated release for this to be compatible. There's a custom mod folder apparently, but I'm not sure how well it works. You can either manually install it into the lgps (just need an lgp tool, paste in files, and recompile them like a compressed folder) or use the 7thHeaven version for quick and easy installation.

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2014-03-10 19:51:10 »
Bootleg would need to have an updated release for this to be compatible. There's a custom mod folder apparently, but I'm not sure how well it works. You can either manually install it into the lgps (just need an lgp tool, paste in files, and recompile them like a compressed folder) or use the 7thHeaven version for quick and easy installation.

If I used lgp tool or 7th heaven after modding with bootleg do I risk some compatibility issues?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2014-03-10 23:20:40 »
Generally no, most of the modders will have tested for compatibility issues before release. This Tifa model will only effect the Tifa you have installed, it wont effect any other files.

BaconTopHat45

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2014-03-16 07:53:09 »
Great Tifa Model!  :D Looks great in my game, Thanks a lot!

MarinoKadame

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2014-04-02 00:12:24 »
Do you have any plan for a Yuffie model next ?

Seclet

• Todo esta permitido...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2014-05-11 16:37:32 »
the truth is that the best models of tifa there, thank you for making this possible!
« Last Edit: 2014-05-11 16:42:05 by Seclet »

CloudStrife668

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Tifa Model (2013-08-27)
« Reply #36 on: 2015-01-11 02:29:32 »
does anyone have a world converted version for this model i would really like too have it

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2015-01-12 23:34:38 »
does anyone have a world converted version for this model i would really like too have it

I cant attest to the lgp version, but I did a world model before making the 7H version of the mod for Bloodshot.

CloudStrife668

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2015-01-13 17:13:42 »
can u send me the model please I really would like too have it

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2015-01-13 22:07:04 »
I don't have a copy. You can download the 7H version and unzip it with 7thHeaven and just pull it out. The files inside are labeled by lgp (world_us.lgp in this case).

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2015-01-17 16:50:35 »
I tried using the Iro file to add the mod and it made 7th heaven crash...
Have you guys tested if it worked?

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2015-01-18 19:27:22 »
@KohryuZX: Yes, this does look like a problem with the .IRO file.

@cmh175: The problem is that your mod.xml file does not contain all the necessary fields. You have to include at least:

-Author
-Link
-Description
-Version

or it will not import correctly. I will fix this in the next 7H version, but for now, you should make sure your mod.xml file contains all these fields (if it is present at all, it is OK if there is no mod.xml file at all).