Author Topic: Final Fantasy VIII 2013 Steam Release - Essential mods  (Read 175400 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Last Edit: 2015-03-25 13:05:39 by LeonhartGR »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Final Fantasy VIII 2013 Steam Release - Essential mods
« Reply #53 on: 2015-04-16 09:01:17 »
[REL] Tonberry: Enhanced v2.04 by JeMaCheHi (aka Jay C) and mavirick UPDATED!

What's new?:
2.04:
- Persistent textures - modders now have the ability to designate textures as "persistent," meaning they will never be removed from the cache.
- Significant performance improvements - Tonberry should be running faster than ever due to some major cache optimizations and an improvement to the way we handle the core textures.
**cache_size should be no more than 250 to prevent memory overflow exceptions

Known issues:
- The Steam overlay is still not supported by Tonberry and should be either disabled or circumvented using Mcindus' GeDoSaTo configuration
« Last Edit: 2015-04-16 10:36:50 by LeonhartGR »

D-Day Josh

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2015-05-13 03:28:54 »
Hey Guys, I'm having a problem with the textures and i'm not sure what to do.
I'm upto the Lunar Base part, And everyone in a space suit is all messed up, there eyes are on there crutch and body parts are all jumbled.
But that's only a small problem, My problem is when i try to save Rinoa from space, Her texture doesn't show up, So i can't see where i'm supposed to move as she's not in the screen
Does anyone have any idea on how i can fix this? it's not possible to move forward from this spot when she's stuck in space lol

--- Rinoa was lost in space forever
« Last Edit: 2015-05-13 03:52:25 by D-Day Josh »

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #55 on: 2015-05-13 03:37:55 »
Hey Guys, I'm having a problem with the textures and i'm not sure what to do.
I'm upto the Lunar Base part, And everyone in a space suit is all messed up, there eyes are on there crutch and body parts are all jumbled.
But that's only a small problem, My problem is when i try to save Rinoa from space, Her texture doesn't show up, So i can't see where i'm supposed to move as she's not in the screen
Does anyone have any idea on how i can fix this? it's not possible to move forward from this spot when she's stuck in space lol

--- Rinoa has been lost in space forever

That would be Rebirth Flame. I've posted a download for v1.1. Download it if you haven't and use the updated hashmap. You also need to delete the objmap or disable it. This will solve all those problems.

D-Day Josh

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2015-05-13 03:51:18 »
That would be Rebirth Flame. I've posted a download for v1.1. Download it if you haven't and use the updated hashmap. You also need to delete the objmap or disable it. This will solve all those problems.

Thanks i'll try that now!

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #57 on: 2015-05-13 04:02:11 »
Thanks i'll try that now!

Great. And if you run into any issues regarding character and NPC textures, please let me know on that thread so I can promptly try and fix them.

D-Day Josh

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2015-05-13 04:06:30 »
Great. And if you run into any issues regarding character and NPC textures, please let me know on that thread so I can promptly try and fix them.

Didn't work, Any other idea's?

I've got installed ;
GeDoSaTo
Horizon Pack 2.1
Project Eden 1.0
Rebirth Flame 1.1
SeeD Reborn 3.2
Texture Replacement
Tonberry Enhanced 2.04
Tripod 1.1
RaW_W04
my hash maps are
Char_Textures_hm.csv
HorizonPack_hm.csv
LunarCry_hm.csv
ProjectEden_hm.csv
RebirthFlame_hm.csv
SeeDReborn_hm.csv
Tripod_hm.csv

my obj maps are
Char_textures_obj(recommended).csv
LunarCry_obj.csv
« Last Edit: 2015-05-13 04:10:20 by D-Day Josh »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #59 on: 2015-05-13 04:13:50 »
Didn't work, Any other idea's?

I've got installed ;
GeDoSaTo
Horizon Pack 2.1
Project Eden 1.0
Rebirth Flame 1.1
SeeD Reborn 3.2
Texture Replacement
Tonberry Enhanced 2.04
Tripod 1.1
RaW_W04
my hash maps are
Char_Textures_hm.csv
HorizonPack_hm.csv
LunarCry_hm.csv
ProjectEden_hm.csv
RebirthFlame_hm.csv
SeeDReborn_hm.csv
Tripod_hm.csv

my obj maps are
Char_textures_obj(recommended).csv
LunarCry_obj.csv

Get rid of "char_textures_obj" because that is actually an older version of Rebirth Flame before it was moved to it's own thread and took on the new name.

D-Day Josh

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2015-05-13 08:23:47 »
Get rid of "char_textures_obj" because that is actually an older version of Rebirth Flame before it was moved to it's own thread and took on the new name.

That fixed it, Thanks heaps

TJen

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2015-05-20 21:42:28 »
Hi.

I have the original PC release, and therefor haven't bothered with buying the steam release. Would these mods work with the original PC release, or is steam for some reason required to make these mods work?

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #62 on: 2015-05-22 20:09:05 »
Hi.

I have the original PC release, and therefor haven't bothered with buying the steam release. Would these mods work with the original PC release, or is steam for some reason required to make these mods work?

I believe you'd be able to use RaW and GeDoSaTo (if you set that up on your own). The ones involving textures use Tonberry, which to my knowledge, only works with the Steam version.

drdaylight

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2015-06-13 06:16:56 »
Project NORG by Damocles233

This should be added to the FMVs section! I personally like these a tad better than the others listed. Only issue with his download is that you would have to rename the videos yourself. I used a program called 'Bulk Rename Utility' to do this myself in about 5 minutes (could have been a lot quicker if I knew right off the bat how to use this program) or so.

Not sure I can do this. If not sorry; a mod can remove this part if need be. But HERE is a download link to the FMVs with all of them renamed so you can just copy them over into your movies folder. It's slightly bigger than the one Damocles233 provides. My guess is because I added a 100% recovery record to the RAR file.

Jalathas

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2015-06-21 13:57:26 »
Hey, so I'm noticing that a fair number of these are more "multiple choice" than "essential". I know it might be more work than is okay to ask, but is there a way to get a short summary of what each mod does and which ones are compatible/which replace the same thing? Or, barring that, a sort of "starter pack" of the most standard/baseline mods?

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2015-07-06 21:44:20 »
Project NORG by Damocles233

This should be added to the FMVs section! I personally like these a tad better than the others listed. Only issue with his download is that you would have to rename the videos yourself. I used a program called 'Bulk Rename Utility' to do this myself in about 5 minutes (could have been a lot quicker if I knew right off the bat how to use this program) or so.

Not sure I can do this. If not sorry; a mod can remove this part if need be. But HERE is a download link to the FMVs with all of them renamed so you can just copy them over into your movies folder. It's slightly bigger than the one Damocles233 provides. My guess is because I added a 100% recovery record to the RAR file.

Are these actually better than the ones steam has done? Because I tried Kayael's and steams look better. I didn't try Leonhart's 1080p ones or Project Norg.

jomies_

• whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2015-11-26 11:35:22 »
Hi guys!

How are you? Lot of time /w computer!
I have to coment one problem that I have in my new computer. I've installed Rebirth by Flame and Seed Reborn, but while i'm playing a message error appears, the screen crashes and I have to close the game. I think that maybe is Seed Reborn, because when screen crashes the texts fails and I can't see nothing. Someone have an idea that what's happening?

Thank you! And nice to see you again!

SOLVED.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-26 23:27:18 by jomies_ »

rrhrs

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2015-11-30 02:27:37 »
All this mods work well together? Maybe that's the problem... :o
« Last Edit: 2015-12-05 17:40:43 by Vgr »

Mitroman

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2016-02-19 20:22:33 »
hello, i was thinking of getting a mod system for Final Fantasy 8, now if anyone could help me i would be extremely grateful, first i'm gonna ask, is Tonberry the latest modding system for Final Fantasy 8, if so which is the latest one and what would i need to go with it to get the best experience i can get out it, thank you, i hope to have better luck with this as i've been failing with Final Fantasy 7s 7th heaven......

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2016-02-19 22:25:10 »
I wouldn't really call Tonberry a system, more like a texture replacer.
You download Tonberry, put the files and folders in your FF8 directory, and put hashmaps, objmaps, and textures in the respective folders.
Unfortunately, one of the main modders for this, Mcindus, has had his downloads removed due to the domain going down, but there should be some mirrors, and he is trying to get the files back up.

Mitroman

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2016-02-20 00:08:11 »
OK that's great thank you very much the slight issue is, i've done exactly that and the game wont run and i'm unsure why, you wouldn't happen to know any solutions would you, any help would be greatly appreciated.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #71 on: 2017-06-03 07:48:21 »
Yep... I'm still alive... :P I'm currently reviewing updates that I'm missing the whole time so I've noticed something new that I wished to update on the front page. Here ya go:
[FF8PC-Steam] Apocalypse v1.2 - Boss Upscale by FatedCourage AWESOME!

[REL] SeeD Reborn (v3.5) - FF8 text/menu overhaul for Steam by Mcindus AWESOME!

[REL] Rebirth Flame v1.3 (dedicated to replacing the current character textures) by FatedCourage AWESOME!

[FF8PC/PSX] kernel.bin data editor - Doomtrain (v1.0.1) by alexfilth AWESOME!

[FF8PC-Steam] Project Hellfire v1.2 - GF Upscale Pack by Mcindus AWESOME!

« Last Edit: 2017-06-03 08:43:13 by LeonhartGR »

D-Day Josh

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2018-12-14 01:57:25 »
SweetFX GFX Enhancement for FFVIII by EternalCore
all the links to download are down, and the advanced screen shots are also removed.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #73 on: 2018-12-14 17:09:14 »
Hey mate! You'd better post in the corresponding steam thread then. I just entered the link and I can see the images posted there. Maybe they fixed that...

greator

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2019-01-30 19:59:49 »
zwuw HD FMV Replacement pack should be included in here, it's better than kayael version.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16922.0