Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008959 times)

SystemDisc

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #3600 on: 2017-05-19 19:53:32 »
Can we get an option to only translate the dialogue? I'd like to keep all of the item/materia/character/place names the same so they match online walkthroughs/guides, but I'd like the dialogue to be properly translated.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: 2017-05-19 20:31:28 »
The answer is no.  But you can use touphScript to manually make your own edits.

SystemDisc

• View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: 2017-05-19 20:33:30 »
How would I go about applying only dialogue translations? Are they in separate files? I'd really like to have your dialogue translations, but I really don't want name translations.

My main issue is googling things in the game while using your translations. If I google "property materia ffvii," I don't get anything. Plus, all online walkthroughs/guides are going to use the original, incorrect translations for names. I just don't want things in the game like "Beacause, you are... a puppet" and "This guy are sick."
« Last Edit: 2017-05-19 20:41:10 by SystemDisc »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: 2017-05-19 20:41:57 »
touphScript.  See tools.  Also see The Reunion Database on first post.

SystemDisc

• View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: 2017-05-19 20:43:56 »
I've looked at all of those. I'm asking for some specific guidance or help from you. If you're too busy now, perhaps you can offer me help later (?)
« Last Edit: 2017-05-19 21:06:58 by SystemDisc »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: 2017-05-19 20:51:58 »
I don't have the time to help with issues that aren't related to bugs, sorry.  I am way way too busy with numerous other things FF7 related and not. This thread is also here for issues that are specifically problems with the mod itself.

SystemDisc

• View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: 2017-05-19 20:54:27 »
That's fine. Great work on the project!

Edit: For anyone else who has the same desire I do, it seems you can restore the original kernel2.bin to get the original item and materia names, but I don't know what other side effects it may have.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-19 21:05:50 by SystemDisc »

Firefly130

• View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: 2017-05-23 05:13:57 »
I'm having problems with the installation wizard. The screen with the License Agreement is cut off and I cant view the bottom of it, where I'm assuming the "next" button is. does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm using windows 10 by the way
« Last Edit: 2017-05-23 05:15:52 by Firefly130 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: 2017-05-23 06:09:28 »
This has been noted a few times and can't be fixed in the installer itself. I am not sure if it's noted in the readme.  Set your screen dpi settings to 100 and rerun the installer.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: 2017-05-23 11:38:25 »
This has been noted a few times and can't be fixed in the installer itself. I am not sure if it's noted in the readme.  Set your screen dpi settings to 100 and rerun the installer.

I think Windows 10 gives you also the possibility of running an executable with the option of disabling the DPI scaling.

That can be done rather than changing the global settings.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: 2017-05-23 11:51:17 »
Thanks for that :)

Firefly130

• View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: 2017-05-23 16:40:54 »
I actually tried that option, but it didn't work. Changing the global settings did work. Thanks!

Saijenode

• 'Tis better to be vile than vile esteemed,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: 2017-05-23 18:31:01 »
DLPB Been using your mod for a few days now, and its really awesome! Thanks so much for your efforts. I am curious about the Weapon Difficulty with The Reunion mod, are you still working on this?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: 2017-05-23 20:30:24 »
Yup. But it's on hold until everything else is done.  I hope to manage it someday but it's a massive task.  At moment... got plenty of those to do elsewhere.

R05 does suffer the odd issue with localization.  So far one major and a few minor.  But R06 will fix it thanks to proof check by Charlie Beer.

Firefly130

• View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: 2017-05-24 01:06:25 »
Having another problem: all of Cloud's weapons are showing up white. Did I do something wrong when I installed it?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: 2017-05-24 08:12:43 »
Yup. Probably had some other mod installed or installed on top of 7th Heaven.  This installer is meant to be installed first - before other mods.  And isn't compatible with some mods.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3616 on: 2017-05-25 08:13:00 »
Yup. Probably had some other mod installed or installed on top of 7th Heaven.  This installer is meant to be installed first - before other mods.  And isn't compatible with some mods.

You can't install anything on top of 7H. It's just a tool that memory injects mod files as the game accesses them in real-time. It works the same way as, for example, Mod Organizer for Skyrim.

The setup tutorial for 7H has ALWAYS stated to use original game files to avoid people thinking they can use mod installers first, then try to memory inject over top of those modded game files with 7H. That's not how it's supposed to work. Either use every modification through 7H, or don't use 7H at all. There is no mix-and-match between method.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: 2017-05-25 08:27:15 »
What I mean is he could be using 7h with modified files from my installer.  That would cause a problem, wouldn't it?Does 7h allow that?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: 2017-05-25 08:58:55 »
That absolutely could cause problems, depending on what mods are being used with 7H. In writing, it's not allowed, but there's no file check that would disable the user from doing it anyways.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: 2017-05-25 21:45:35 »
7H is actually quite robust to work with altered game files. So far I had no problems with 7H and the Reunion. Things get more complicated when the direct mode is in use, since Aali's driver seems to mimic the original files. Let's take as example this case: A model is added in the mod loader of the flevel.lgp and the model is a new one, which is also added in the char.lgp. Now if a mod use the direct mode to change one model, the game will crash when the scene is entered where the new model should be loaded, because Aali's driver doesn't know that the new model exist except the model is present in the direct folder.

So far I guess most of us looking forward to the new mod manger of R06. Iros made 7H well-prepared for other injectors. The question will be, can we mod the lgp files in the new mod path the same way as the in the normal file's path. I could imagine that 7H could only replace entire archives there instead of only portions of the archive.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: 2017-05-26 08:32:48 »
The issue is I see though is user error. You're well experienced with the game file structure, modding, and usage of 7H, so you're capable of fixing most of your own user errors. But others, they don't have a clue how things work behind the scenes. When an issue occurs, they almost always haven't read carefully what to actually do, or try to take matters into their own hands by experimenting with methods that don't work. Inexperienced users break the game more than it should, and I get quite exhausted helping those who post troubleshooting about it. For that reason, I just say "No, don't do it." and leave it at that.

I changed some of the mod files to use direct mode awhile back because I was informed that it helps with loading times, but I personally haven't not noticed a significant difference. I am glad that you mention the issues between direct mode and Aali's driver now, so I will revert them back to not using direct mode in the next Catalog update. I don't care if your game loads slower, I just want it to load correctly at this point.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: 2017-05-27 22:34:47 »
Me, Charlie Beer, and Luksy have been tangling with the Honeybee Manor scene with the King.  The Japanese title he is given is President/CEO/Manager.  I was always under the impression this was President Shinra himself dressing up as a king.  But it's now certain that it is not.  Then I thought it might be the Shin-Ra Manager.  In the original abandoned Honeybee Manor, he appears alongside Palmer on floor 1 (floor 2 became floor 1 in the final version). But it isn't him either.  The clues all point to this King being the exact same king as later in the game at the Gold Saucer play.

1. Same model.
2. The Knight is also here.
3. They specifically mention they have come all the way from the Gold Saucer.
4. Cait Sith is also seen in the background with his theme tune playing.  It's also extremely likely that's why his (Reeve) parents are also staying at the Manor.

The Japanese title they have given him is simply confusing.  In all likelihood, he is just the stage manager for the plays - who also takes the part of the King.  I agree with Charlie Beer that the exposition here is simply ridiculously blatant foreshadowing.  Despite the fact that the King has not met you at this time, he still goes on about unsheathed sword on a person's back (Cloud/Zax), blue eyes (Cloud/Zax), Promised Land, a resurrected Devil King (Jenova/Sep), and an "ancient" curse.

Charlie Beer has also found that we may have accidentally missed more of the exposition.  So I'll be seeing soon if the lines are shown to the player in the game.

Did you skip these words for any reason? They're not 100% necessary, but they have a tiny bit more foreshadowing. Lit. "Destruction... ruin... a person (clad in) black... will lead you.." It's speaking to Cloud directly, referring to Sephiroth's influence.

Edit.  Above text is deliberately unused in original Japanese game, so will be left out.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-27 22:56:47 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: 2017-05-27 22:40:12 »
I'm also thinking of adding the original Honeybee Manor back in at some point with an option. It will need some programming, since it was totally unfinished.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: 2017-05-28 08:58:48 »
I'm also thinking of adding the original Honeybee Manor back in at some point with an option. It will need some programming, since it was totally unfinished.

This totally needs to happen. I hope psx animation importing will be a thing by then, because otherwise that plan might choke on that. There are a couple of unique character anims in the unused Honeybee Manor that were never ported to PC.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: 2017-06-01 15:01:51 »
Example of the niggles Charlie Beer is spotting. Luksy also looked at this one, and I've corrected it as follows:

Old
Code: [Select]
--------------------------------------------------
{CLOUD}
“Then why doesn’t everyone
  just move up above?”
{BARRET}
“Dunno.
  Probably got no money.
  Or,maybe…”