Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007736 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #4125 on: 2018-03-23 09:00:10 »
Maybe, maybe not. I haven't experimented with setting it to 2 in the different modules. With Aali's driver 2 results in not rendering the p-file on field. Maybe some magic files do use different values for certain effects, maybe it is used to activate some material effects, which were planed but not implemented. All I know is that the value has to be 1 and I should avoid too long file names or I got trouble with the rerelease. For Aali's driver it doesn't matter if it is 0 or 1 it will always be handled as 1. And I never knew that this value exist if we hadn't had the problems with my models in MakouReactor in the first place.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: 2018-03-31 15:37:48 »
In other news.... Aali's driver code is largely worthless to me in terms of expanding on his own code.  First, C is crap (compared to Delphi, the syntax is a joke - and way way over complicated).  Second, he wrote the code and it's very hard to follow (as it usually is when you are following code you didn't write).  Third. All the graphical work he's done is a mystery to anyone who doesn't understand opengl.  So it's a no go there.  Even Luksy is thinking of refactoring it all, so he can follow it.

But the good news is that
1.  It should be fairly easy to add Aali's dll to Steam version
2. The new modding idea I had can be added to Aali's dll, since he's already done all the lgp / modpath / direct mode work.  All I'd need to do is work my design to it.
3. I can add option for his fps limiter, so when using my mod, it can be disabled.  My mod requires that I use my own fps limiters.  Plus I've fixed a lot more than Aali's driver has regardless.  But perhaps I can get my fixes ported over also. 

There's a lot to think about.  And it needs to be resolved before I release The Reunion R06
« Last Edit: 2018-03-31 15:40:32 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: 2018-03-31 22:48:14 »
Another piece of text that was flagged up and fixed. Flagged numerous times actually, but we got there in the end.  Even Kaldarasha played a part.

Original:
“Hey!
   President Rufus came here yesterday.”
------------------------------
“He used to be the President's little boy.
   We nicknamed him the little Prez!”{NEW}
“He didn't look much different
   than the surfers on the beach.”

R06
“Did you hear?
  President Rufus visited yesterday.”
------------------------------
“He’s Shinra’s son,all right.
  When he was younger,we
  nicknamed him ‘President
  Brat’!”{NEW}
“He hasn’t changed,either.
  He’d fit in nicely with the
  stuck-up surfers here.”
« Last Edit: 2018-03-31 23:54:05 by DLPB »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #4128 on: 2018-04-02 22:03:39 »
So interesting. Hope to play soon the real Reunion.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
« Reply #4129 on: 2018-04-08 19:28:56 »
Hi DLPB, long time no see.

Maybe this is being fixed already, but let me point it out:

Blue materias found message should have the {CYAN} code instead of the {BLUE} code, as the materia model itself is more cyan than blue. Don't you think?

Regards

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: 2018-04-08 19:47:30 »
The materia is meant to be blue - not cyan.  I guess the fault lies in the materia graphic on field, but it's definitely blue :P

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: 2018-04-10 05:34:25 »
The materia is meant to be blue - not cyan.  I guess the fault lies in the materia graphic on field, but it's definitely blue :P

Isn't that...a bug? :D Or maybe blue is hard to see in the field maps...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: 2018-04-11 20:06:14 »
Isn't that...a bug? :D Or maybe blue is hard to see in the field maps...

Ha!  I dunno.... I always seen it on screen as blue.  But I'll have a check when I get chance.

BoneSaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: 2018-04-12 21:49:04 »
Hello! I have a weird technical problem and I can't seem to find any solution. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post.

I have a bunch of mods installed through 7th heaven, but I'm fairly sure This mod is the culprit. Basically, when I'm in combat, and I go into the magic menu, there's several spaces in between each spell. So like, it'll say "thunder", then maybe 4 spaces down the next spell "cure" or whatever. So if a character has several spells I have to scroll a lot.

Does anyone know about this problem? Did I install something wrong?

damerell

• View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: 2018-05-05 21:25:38 »
I have a bunch of mods installed through 7th heaven, but I'm fairly sure This mod is the culprit.

I dunno if everyone else has the week off, but: how are you "fairly sure"? Does it happen with this mod alone, installed in the recommended fashion? If not, this mod is not the culprit.

It might be some combination of mods (you can fiddle about uninstalling half your mods, then half the remainder, etc) but as you'll see from page 1, compatibility with other mods is not a major concern for this one.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: 2018-05-05 23:50:19 »
If using 7th heaven, bug reports here are as useful as a fart in a Jacuzzi.  I don't support other mods.  It says so on the first post.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-06 00:24:18 by DLPB »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #4136 on: 2018-06-03 16:50:04 »
Hi DLPB, hope everything good in real life!

I wanna start again FFVII with real translation (yours) as first time, shall I go ahead with R05 or better wait new version for significant differences?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: 2018-06-03 19:08:40 »
I would say wait.  For sure.

R06 will be much more rounded, but R07 will be the finalized version.  Charlie Beer is currently doing a proof check:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jcnXS15WprRsqaVQ_HFwZSaz_XV-H39Yru_GRpkUT0w/edit#gid=914772850

This will give you an idea of how many corrections have been made.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #4138 on: 2018-06-09 21:37:35 »
I had a look and it's fantastic! You guys put a lot of effort in it, behind every single line there is huge work.

I will definitely wait. Look forward to play it!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: 2018-06-19 11:23:31 »
I'm getting somewhere with this. I'm currently at work with a notepad jotting down a procedure going forward.

What has been done:

Aali's driver has been stripped of FF8 support and non-English support and merged into The Reunion.  It will work with my own DLL only - and the two provide full bug fixes, with Aali's side obviously mainly doing the graphical fixes - such as Open GL support.  If anyone wants to look at my code to add some of it to Aali's original source, they are welcome to. My version of Aali's dll is tailor made for how I want to do things.

His "driver" is now named aali.dll and works with my own dll - loaded at game start (ddraw.dll)

Even though only the English exe is supported, it is easily possible to support other languages because of how I am arranging things.  Lots of plans afoot.

Window.bin has been abolished and is not loaded (the font spacing table is instead loaded from an external text file that users can mod easily - If file exists - otherwise default English applies). 
All original music and audio files have been abolished and are not loaded - including original midi support. All Audio (apart from FMV audio) is handled now by my dll.

This means the files related to above are completely redundant and can be deleted.

Additionally, the temp .p files from startup are now written and read from \data and not from root. Still have no idea what these are and they are only used on startup.  Written to disk, read from disk - and that's it.  Waste of time.  If you deliberately avoid the write / read then the game loads to the debug screen.  There was definitely no need to write these to disk... could have all been done in memory.  I disabled the write and made it read only as a test and it works. That's not ideal because it's too easy for one of those .p files to vanish, I suppose.

- field screen is centred - including FMV.  Down side is I think this needs to happen across all modules so the game looks consistent.  Certainly the Menu could benefit from it. But that's an awful lot of work at this point.  Perhaps I should have planned ahead :P  But then again a lot of this is trial and error.  It's been a lot more involved than I ever imagined possible.

I am trying to make as much of The Reunion's mods as global as possible. 

Audio Replacement will work with all user mods already.  So will the Frame Limiter, which is now mandatory (Aali's version has been removed in favour of my own).

Soldier Quest could probably be made global but will need the wizardry of Luksy.

Model Overhaul should be global [note as always these mods are all optional]

Menu Enhancement currently only supports Beacause.  I am having a big think about this but I don't seem to be able to rectify the logic of it all in my head.

Beacause + script fixes also come together.  The work needed to make script fixes completely separate as a mod is just too big.  I guess I have to cut my losses at some point.

So a big problem with why this mod still isn't released is the internal conflicts in my brain with how these mods all interact together. 

The config file Aali used has been simplified with some stuff stripped out.  It's been merged with my own config file.  At moment, I am trying to fix up Aali's 3rd party config parser to work with mine properly.  It's overly bloated code and a nuisance - as everything in C seems to be. I've stripped about as much out of Aali's driver as I can in favour of my own Delphi code and dll for that very reason.

60fps mod is global and the interpolated version optional also.

There's way too much going on at moment.... So many mods and fixes and conflicts that my brain is about to crash.

edit.  Above info was wrong.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-19 11:50:28 by DLPB »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #4140 on: 2018-06-20 06:44:15 »
Hey Dan!

Thanks so much for the update! I see you have lot on your plate and while I am sadly incapable of lending you a hand, I am confident that you will deliver an outstanding version of Reunion once all those conflicts are resolved. I know you are a perfectionist so I understand you are trying to find the best solution to each one of those and it will take time.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: 2018-06-20 13:47:44 »
I'm getting there! :P

IFireflyl

• View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: 2018-06-23 07:14:50 »
First off, I have to say that this mod is awesome. I'm so glad I found this before I started playing again.

My reason for posting is due to a question I have regarding the controller icons. I apologize if this has been asked before (this thread is 166 pages long!), but would there be a way to give the option of XBox icons or Playstation icons during the installation? I can deal with the Playstation icons, but it would be nice to have the icons for the actual controller I am using.

Again, thanks for the mod. And also again, I hope this question wasn't irritating.

EDIT: DLPB, after quite a bit of searching I found that there were discussions on page 74 and somewhere shortly after page 100. It looks like you had stated there would be no XBox button prompts. If you would ever be willing to change your stance on that I know I'd sure love it, but I'm not going to beat a dead horse and tick off the people making my games better - especially when they're doing this for free. Thanks for all that you do. And let me know if you have changed your mind in the last two years.  ;D
« Last Edit: 2018-06-23 07:48:01 by IFireflyl »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: 2018-06-23 20:40:29 »
I'll add them but only if someone actually takes my textures and edits them onto it.  I'm more than willing to add to mod- but not to make.

So far, no one has taken up the challenge.... to my knowledge anyway.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: 2018-06-25 09:51:10 »
I'll do it (begrudgingly, but I'm bored), though I don't have the texture, nor do I know exactly how to get it, or what the name/location of it is.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: 2018-06-25 10:25:40 »
I'll supply you the texture later today. There are 2 for the font, I think.  Might be 4 given the menu.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: 2018-06-25 10:35:16 »
Okie dokie, as long as it's not a complete mess it shouldn't be too hard. I edited the ones for 8 before so hopefully they are somewhat similar. I'll find out one way or another.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: 2018-06-25 17:53:55 »
In regards to releasing this mod...  it's getting closer. Very close. Can't believe the amount of work that's been needed on it.  Must be longest I've ever gone without a release.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: 2018-06-25 22:57:57 »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gtKUSPoOXzkdv8MG1PQymoe1aBZOBCr1/view?usp=sharing

Playstation icons.  I made it work with 2 textures.  It's very important to match xbox dimensions precisely to these width wise... and height wise if possible.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: 2018-06-26 01:20:17 »
If you want to implement that 360 degree field movement (or was it 255), I have no qualms immediately scanning through all of the field files and fixing the default directions.

Also, great to see you posting again, I had wondered what happened.