Final Fantasy 7 > Releases

[FF7PC] Superboss Rush Challenge (v1.1)

(1/3) > >>

Karifean:
Final Fantasy VII - Superboss Rush Challenge

Version 1.1, Made by Karifean

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.1

File Type: RAR, includes one EXE file (patcher) and one TXT file (readme).

What is this?

This is a slight modification of Final Fantasy VII PC, simply changing the "Hall of Beginners" in Junon to a "Hall of Battles". In there, you can fight all the storyline bosses in order, but they've all been made into superbosses! Do you think you can beat them?

The idea is that you install this mod, load up your best save file and give these bosses a try. There're no rewards for it, it's just to challenge yourself. All bosses' AIs and stats have been reworked. Many of them still act in a similar fashion as their original versions did, but none are the same. How far can you get before you get (your first) Game Over?

I strongly urge you not to use any of the 'forbidden' items or materia. They are classified as such for a reason.

How to install this mod?

The following files from an English FF7 PC installation are required:
scene.bin, KERNEL.BIN, flevel.lgp, battle.lgp

Copy them into a separate directory, all together, and then let the patcher run. Replace the original files with the patched ones (don't forget to make backups of the original files!) and you're done!

Note: Even though the KERNEL.BIN must be updated, this is solely for the scene.bin lookup table. Character stats and materia functions etc. are completely unchanged.

Further information can be taken from the Readme.

Special Thanks goes to SegaChief, XeroKynos, NTIFC1 and GeneralIronside for helping when I needed it. You guys are awesome!

Screenshots

Rufus has been playing some FFX-2.

Reno is not oblivious to the power of his Pyramids.

Covarr:
Most creative mod idea I've seen in a while. A+

DLPB_:
Junon's Hall is correctly "Experts' Hall"  The Beginners' Hall is in Midgar :)

Karifean:

--- Quote from: DLPB on 2014-01-16 22:04:14 ---Junon's Hall is correctly "Experts' Hall"  The Beginners' Hall is in Midgar :)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Junon, FF7 ---“This is the Beginner's Hall (Intermediate)!”
--- End quote ---

That's good enough for me.

Tenko Kuugen:
I was thinking of doing something like this (except it would allow you to just re-fight the bosses as-is plus four uber bosses) as a reward for finding all hidden items (some day when I pick up N7 again)
Good to see someone else had an even better idea for it.

I can't install it right now. Did you give the NCPs dialogue choices and upon selection pull a battle from the scene.bin?
What are you doing about the 'set music for battle'?
Did you change the background layers for the encounters in the scene?
Is this monster hall triggered by a gamemoment variable or is it technically always available?
Do you have to have fought a boss before you can fight the super boss version? (again, gamemoment variable)
Will the super boss version replace the boss in his original location if you play the game normally?(Since there are only so many bosses and there are actually a lot of empty slots it should be possible to combine this)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version