Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836553 times)

lionheart82

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5225 on: 2017-04-16 20:51:16 »
Sega a bug: after ft condor materia battle when party (cid, barret, yuffie) talk to old man they mention seeing cloud and within the convo theres a line from vincent even though hes not in the party. Dont remember h line but can replay if you want?

Also when revisiting church w aeris, she's still in the church talking of fixing the roof and chill. Also i cant get through the passage even though theres red arrow. Suppose that all is normal?
 The first guy past the church screen cant be talked to, and at save point i dont have rank up and check option, i guess it wasnt possible at that game time progress so you programmed save point that way?

Lol Horneos mansion is open! An idea you could make a cross dressing mini game/theatre/competition/comedy w boys n girls there w some kind of reward? Would sure be fun.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-16 23:26:46 by lionheart82 »

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: 2017-04-16 22:04:58 »
SegaChief and/or whoever can help me:

I ran the 7TH Heaven prior to running the NT installation, after it was done I did install the NT Mod and it patched successfully, I could tell because I could see the names of the soldiers, Cloud had the fire materia and I saw Barret inanete ability working for the first time, however...

One of the main reason I wanna play it is because of the graphical mods at work, seemed that when I ran the NT mod after 7TH Heaven it overwrote whatever the 7TH Heaven did in the graphical deparment(at least in the player, models,weapons,textures etc)

Is there any way I can patch the "already patched NT Mod" without damaging anything within the Mod itself? The first time I tried I installed the NT Mod first then ran the 7th Heaven Mod but that as you read earlier did not work.

Any advice my friend?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5227 on: 2017-04-16 22:37:43 »
7H is not an installation. It's a memory injector tool, so none of the actual game files get replaced at any time while using it. The injection only takes place after you click the Launch Game button, and it will release from memory once you close out the game. If you're using NT from 7H, there is no need to use the NT installer at any point.

You should read the FAQ for 7H about how to start a fresh install. It will clean up your registry keys as well. Then, install FF7 and only use 7H. When you do that, check the points that SC told and report back if you see them or not. Don't use the NT installer at any point while doing this.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: 2017-04-17 00:42:02 »
1) I do get the box that indicates to choose the difficulty, but only 1 is available since the other one is locked.
2) I don't see that help bar anywhere, unless is the target switch, I didn't get to see any names at all.
3) Nope, only bolt and Ice.

Maybe is because I installed the NT Mod first and then I patched with 7H, I'll delete everything and try it but doing the 7H first to see if it works.

Like Alyza said, if using 7H, you shouldn't use the stand-alone NT installer at all. IROs are what handle mods for 7H, and they change the game files when running FF7 via 7H.

Sega a bug: after ft condor materia battle when party (cid, barret, yuffie) talk to old man they mention seeing cloud and within the convo theres a line from vincent even though hes not in the party. Dont remember h line but can replay if you want?

Also when revisiting church w aeris, she's still in the church talking of fixing the roof and chill. Also i cant get through the passage even though theres red arrow. Suppose that all is normal?
 The first guy past the church screen cant be talked to, and at save point i dont have rank up and check option, i guess it wasnt possible at that game time progress so you programmed save point that way?

Lol Horneos mansion is open! An idea you could make a cross dressing mini game/theatre/competition/comedy w boys n girls there w some kind of reward? Would sure be fun.

I encountered the Vincent line problem and fixed it in the 1.5 files I have.

When visiting certain towns, the characters will appear in set places. The back of the Church can't be visited usually, though it retains the red arrow. Rank Up features were disabled on Midgar save points, but those options should re-enable when Game Moment is high enough.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: 2017-04-17 01:28:03 »
Great, so 1.5 isnt on 7h iro yet i suppose?

Oh and which materia would you suggest to master? Im using double growth equipment mastered most materia at least once, am thinking command and magic counter, hp/mp absorb would be most useful... What about elemental, added cut/effect?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-17 01:39:51 by lionheart82 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: 2017-04-17 05:06:40 »
Great, so 1.5 isnt on 7h iro yet i suppose?

Oh and which materia would you suggest to master? Im using double growth equipment mastered most materia at least once, am thinking command and magic counter, hp/mp absorb would be most useful... What about elemental, added cut/effect?

AP yields increase dramatically as you advance through the game, so you'd be best developing Materia that has lower AP requirements early on then using the higher AP later in the game to get the more expensive bits of Materia leveled. Elemental and Added Effect give you more defensive options when preparing for bosses later on so they're good picks.

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: 2017-04-17 09:37:25 »
Couldn't find a way to fix the weird, albeit funny, bug in the latest part of the dungeon with every background being replaced by disc 1 fmv's, so we decided to just finish the game and embrace the bizarreness. This mod was a frigging blast to play along with a friend old-school style; all weekend long laying on the couch, taking turns, with tons of beer.. all that good stuff. I believe we plowed through all the new content, or at least all we could find... The whole playthrough clocked in at ~120hrs, which must be easily above average, I'm sure, but we were just having so much fun with it.

During a long playthrough like this, you're bound to discover some.. oddities. Not to mention, we've always enjoyed trying out weird stuff that may or may not be conventional and crash the game. We took notes of the things that crashed the game for us, as well as our general thoughts on some technical aspects of the mod. While it's still fresh in my mind, I'd be glad to send some of these notes to you Sega, if you're at all interested in the feedback. Let me know if it's OK; and where you want 'em sent. 
« Last Edit: 2017-04-17 09:49:10 by Ayoyo »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: 2017-04-17 13:14:22 »
Couldn't find a way to fix the weird, albeit funny, bug in the latest part of the dungeon with every background being replaced by disc 1 fmv's, so we decided to just finish the game and embrace the bizarreness. This mod was a frigging blast to play along with a friend old-school style; all weekend long laying on the couch, taking turns, with tons of beer.. all that good stuff. I believe we plowed through all the new content, or at least all we could find... The whole playthrough clocked in at ~120hrs, which must be easily above average, I'm sure, but we were just having so much fun with it.

During a long playthrough like this, you're bound to discover some.. oddities. Not to mention, we've always enjoyed trying out weird stuff that may or may not be conventional and crash the game. We took notes of the things that crashed the game for us, as well as our general thoughts on some technical aspects of the mod. While it's still fresh in my mind, I'd be glad to send some of these notes to you Sega, if you're at all interested in the feedback. Let me know if it's OK; and where you want 'em sent. 

Of course I'm interested in feedback; Qhimm has a PM function or making a post here with a link to pastebin/a download link to whatever file you've stored the notes in would be fine.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: 2017-04-17 23:40:53 »

Has the main installer had an unwrapped background image this entire time?

VanStolin

• View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: 2017-04-18 01:55:49 »
Hello everyone.  Love the mod Sega Chief.  Was going to wait on 1.5 since you said you had finalized item placements, but I guess I can just restart after it's out.  But for now, I have a question.  I've been watching Death Unites Us, playthrough of the mod before I started playing and he encountered the X-ATM in the Corel Prison, just outside the place where you fight Dyne.  But when I played, it wasn't there.  Was it moved or is this a bug?

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5235 on: 2017-04-18 02:09:43 »
7H is not an installation. It's a memory injector tool, so none of the actual game files get replaced at any time while using it. The injection only takes place after you click the Launch Game button, and it will release from memory once you close out the game. If you're using NT from 7H, there is no need to use the NT installer at any point.

You should read the FAQ for 7H about how to start a fresh install. It will clean up your registry keys as well. Then, install FF7 and only use 7H. When you do that, check the points that SC told and report back if you see them or not. Don't use the NT installer at any point while doing this.

Like Alyza said, if using 7H, you shouldn't use the stand-alone NT installer at all. IROs are what handle mods for 7H, and they change the game files when running FF7 via 7H.

Thanks for replying guys, it's a long story.....but I got 7TH mixed with the old Bootleg Front End, which is what I've been using this whole time.

Although I downloaded 7TH and everything seemed to be working fine, I got the error while downloading from the catalog, but I don't think its making any progress it is just stuck and won't go anywhere, not sure if it is working because I've been waiting for a while here's a pic of it:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/412412q/error.jpg?t=1492395001

Any ideas or something I'm not doing right?

VanStolin

• View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: 2017-04-18 02:56:17 »
Thanks for replying guys, it's a long story.....but I got 7TH mixed with the old Bootleg Front End, which is what I've been using this whole time.

Although I downloaded 7TH and everything seemed to be working fine, I got the error while downloading from the catalog, but I don't think its making any progress it is just stuck and won't go anywhere, not sure if it is working because I've been waiting for a while here's a pic of it:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/412412q/error.jpg?t=1492395001

Any ideas or something I'm not doing right?

Same thing happening for me.  Seems the download server isn't up.

onegaminus

• View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: 2017-04-18 04:15:35 »
Hey SegaChief.

I believe I have the most recent IRO for the NT mod, from April 14th. Everything has worked smoothly except one thing. I'm trying to do the Dark Cave sidequest. At the first conversation, after Barret says that the others are gone, and Cloud turns to him, the game just seems to softlock. The game still animates, but Cloud just stands there staring at Barret. Nothing seems to be happening. This kind of thing has happened a couple times before, where the game seemed to be loading before the next person spoke, but it didn't take longer than 20 seconds, while after several minutes there's been no luck. I've also deactivated all field models as someone else mentioned doing that and it fixed a similar issue.

I am sure there is some kind of info (I've seen something around called a bin?) I could send to help you on this subject, but I have no idea what it is or where I could access it.

I am really loving the mod and it is the best thing I think anyone's made for FF7. Thanks so much for the hard work. You've breathed new life into this and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to play FF7's vanilla version after all the fun stuff here.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-18 04:17:37 by onegaminus »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: 2017-04-18 11:48:45 »
You've said it good man. My sentiments exactly. Btw where is dark and purple cave, im at huge materia quest atm, is it available yet or later?

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: 2017-04-18 13:19:01 »
Hello everyone.  Love the mod Sega Chief.  Was going to wait on 1.5 since you said you had finalized item placements, but I guess I can just restart after it's out.  But for now, I have a question.  I've been watching Death Unites Us, playthrough of the mod before I started playing and he encountered the X-ATM in the Corel Prison, just outside the place where you fight Dyne.  But when I played, it wasn't there.  Was it moved or is this a bug?

X-ATM is being moved from the Desert Prison to Mt. Nibel, so no worries.

Hey SegaChief.

I believe I have the most recent IRO for the NT mod, from April 14th. Everything has worked smoothly except one thing. I'm trying to do the Dark Cave sidequest. At the first conversation, after Barret says that the others are gone, and Cloud turns to him, the game just seems to softlock. The game still animates, but Cloud just stands there staring at Barret. Nothing seems to be happening. This kind of thing has happened a couple times before, where the game seemed to be loading before the next person spoke, but it didn't take longer than 20 seconds, while after several minutes there's been no luck. I've also deactivated all field models as someone else mentioned doing that and it fixed a similar issue.

I am sure there is some kind of info (I've seen something around called a bin?) I could send to help you on this subject, but I have no idea what it is or where I could access it.

I am really loving the mod and it is the best thing I think anyone's made for FF7. Thanks so much for the hard work. You've breathed new life into this and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to play FF7's vanilla version after all the fun stuff here.

I'm not sure what could be causing that. Maybe it's a missing animation file for that field? Although you would have likely encountered a soft-lock well before now if that was the issue. Field model mods, animation mods, or field background mods may be responsible.

You've said it good man. My sentiments exactly. Btw where is dark and purple cave, im at huge materia quest atm, is it available yet or later?

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

Dark Cave is started from Dio in Battle Square's museum, then head for Bone Village and make your way through the Sleeping Forest to find some people milling about; you're climbing the vine there to reach the cave above.

Purple Materia Cave is close to the initial entrance to Mt. Corel (costa del sol side), it's an island covered by a desert; you'll need a special Choboco to reach it. The Mountain Chocobo can reach it if you land the airship behind the cave and then go over the mountain to get to it.

onegaminus

• View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: 2017-04-18 20:44:12 »

I'm not sure what could be causing that. Maybe it's a missing animation file for that field? Although you would have likely encountered a soft-lock well before now if that was the issue. Field model mods, animation mods, or field background mods may be responsible.

Well I'll try all that. I have added extra materia to my file through my save editor, so that, for example, all three characters would be able to have Deathblow Materia on them. Could that have caused any issue you can think of?

onegaminus

• View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: 2017-04-18 20:52:32 »
Okay, nevermind my last reply.

I went back and disabled even more mods. I disabled the option to save/PHS anywhere, and I also chose to disable the option that makes for smoother running animations. I also disabled "always run" although I don't know if that would have made any difference either.

Anyway, SegaChief, maybe it was one of those! Excited to keep playing.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: 2017-04-19 03:23:18 »
so im already in sub and dont remember if i missed cids scimitar or is it placed somewhere else? cant chack it, already saved over that game and cant go back?

and where the hell is that student of cids for his l4 break? or is it in disc 3 only? im finished rocket launching searched whole town and nuthin.

forgotten citys path to the altar is also blocked and cant get ther for her l4?

godo also repeats same get thur maurrhia sentence when talked to w yuffie in party and yes i got levi scales.

i only managed to activate vincent fight but am not yet strong enough to beat the bast...bitc...kahem lucrecia.

« Last Edit: 2017-04-19 03:36:30 by lionheart82 »

onegaminus

• View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: 2017-04-19 04:16:21 »
so im already in sub and dont remember if i missed cids scimitar or is it placed somewhere else? cant chack it, already saved over that game and cant go back?

and where the hell is that student of cids for his l4 break? or is it in disc 3 only? im finished rocket launching searched whole town and nuthin.

forgotten citys path to the altar is also blocked and cant get ther for her l4?

godo also repeats same get thur maurrhia sentence when talked to w yuffie in party and yes i got levi scales.

i only managed to activate vincent fight but am not yet strong enough to beat the bast...bitc...kahem lucrecia.

So the scimitar itself has been moved to the northern crater. You'll find it in there.

Additionally the level 4 limit quests don't activate until you get to the bottom of the northern crater. There's an npc there that will take you back up to the highwind. Talk to the new NPCs on the highwind to learn more.

I don't know how you could be doing the battle against lucrecia if you only have the sub so far.

onegaminus

• View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: 2017-04-19 04:20:33 »
I've had yet another bug. The game locks up after you fight mirage and Cloud says we should use the sector 5 keycard to leave Midgar. He turns to Yuffie and... nothing. Guess I'll try to mess with the mods again lol.

This sidequest is really cool though. I don't know how you did all of it. Makes me wish other modders would do more stuff like this!

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: 2017-04-19 05:36:06 »
thx onegaminus.

- I don't know how you could be doing the battle against lucrecia if you only have the sub so far. -

i got no race bred gold chocobo, which i rode 1. time to cave, fought a number of battles, went 2. time after getting sub, got lucrecia battle, to strong atm, left it for later.

onegaminus

• View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: 2017-04-19 05:50:36 »
thx onegaminus.

- I don't know how you could be doing the battle against lucrecia if you only have the sub so far. -

i got no race bred gold chocobo, which i rode 1. time to cave, fought a number of battles, went 2. time after getting sub, got lucrecia battle, to strong atm, left it for later.

I'm just really surprised that the battle is even available before really opening up the "new threat" content.

FYI for when you do Cid's lvl 4 limit quest, and you have to find that kid, I had to have Cid as the party leader to do so. There's a guy on the right side of the Operations Room on the highwind that lets you pick Cloud, Tifa or Cid as your lead person. This means that late game you can actually have parties with Cloud completely absent, which you might need based on how you rank up.

onegaminus

• View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: 2017-04-19 06:48:50 »
Hopefully this will help someone.

As to the previous problem, I had to turn off the battle models for who I had with me at the time when I fight Mirage. I also had the field models for these characters also turned off, but I do find it bizarre that the battle models seemed to be the ones which showed up after the battle as the models which were in the field.

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: 2017-04-19 07:07:37 »
I'm currently trying to math out if there's a way for Cait Sith to achieve 255 in all stats through Transformation.  You don't need much Luck, at least - Cait Sith can cap out at around 153 iirc

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: 2017-04-19 08:35:52 »
Dunno onegaminus, havent gotten to disc 3 yet... Hope its not a bug on my game, but an available feature.
i got 2. apocalypse at ancient forest second to end screen, from the chest that says and no one attacked!, i got 1. recently, i think from gelnika...? is that a bug?

also at very last screen of ancient forest thers an unmoving guy(supposedly?), that cant be interacted, was he supposed to be shopkeeper?
i can send screenshot but how do i choose pic from computer?

edit: nvm heres imgur url:
http://imgur.com/VpiZTTE

edit: lol, felt guilty to grab loot from gelnika and forest using no battles field option in ochu, so used enemy away and sneak attack+exit and it worked perfectly! funny stuff. even when encountered, cloud just throws sneaky exit and runs away.  8)  :evil:  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: 2017-04-19 12:22:40 by lionheart82 »