Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836814 times)

onegaminus

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5250 on: 2017-04-19 21:20:43 »
Dunno onegaminus, havent gotten to disc 3 yet... Hope its not a bug on my game, but an available feature.
i got 2. apocalypse at ancient forest second to end screen, from the chest that says and no one attacked!, i got 1. recently, i think from gelnika...? is that a bug?

also at very last screen of ancient forest thers an unmoving guy(supposedly?), that cant be interacted, was he supposed to be shopkeeper?
i can send screenshot but how do i choose pic from computer?

edit: nvm heres imgur url:
http://imgur.com/VpiZTTE

edit: lol, felt guilty to grab loot from gelnika and forest using no battles field option in ochu, so used enemy away and sneak attack+exit and it worked perfectly! funny stuff. even when encountered, cloud just throws sneaky exit and runs away.  8)  :evil:  :mrgreen:

I ended up with two also at that point. Had the same thing happen with that guy. I actually never had Ochu even show up when I was hit by those plants. Just hurt me and spit me out

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: 2017-04-19 22:58:27 »
so im already in sub and dont remember if i missed cids scimitar or is it placed somewhere else? cant chack it, already saved over that game and cant go back?

and where the hell is that student of cids for his l4 break? or is it in disc 3 only? im finished rocket launching searched whole town and nuthin.

forgotten citys path to the altar is also blocked and cant get ther for her l4?

godo also repeats same get thur maurrhia sentence when talked to w yuffie in party and yes i got levi scales.

i only managed to activate vincent fight but am not yet strong enough to beat the bast...bitc...kahem lucrecia.

So the scimitar itself has been moved to the northern crater. You'll find it in there.

Additionally the level 4 limit quests don't activate until you get to the bottom of the northern crater. There's an npc there that will take you back up to the highwind. Talk to the new NPCs on the highwind to learn more.

I don't know how you could be doing the battle against lucrecia if you only have the sub so far.

Vincent's Lv.4 boss is basically triggered on the original script where you'd visit the Cave for his flashback and then return after a set number of battles to find Death Penalty & Chaos. I just added an encounter trigger to it was all. It's one of the few that can be accessed before Disc 3.

I've had yet another bug. The game locks up after you fight mirage and Cloud says we should use the sector 5 keycard to leave Midgar. He turns to Yuffie and... nothing. Guess I'll try to mess with the mods again lol.

This sidequest is really cool though. I don't know how you did all of it. Makes me wish other modders would do more stuff like this!

I'm not too fond of the sidequest myself. I kinda wish I'd went a completely different direction with it, but here we are. The original script was going to be something similar to Cyan's mind in FF6 where you worked through several unrelated areas with odd effects in place to get to the end. It would have been in 3 separate parts with 3/9 characters in each, all meeting up at the end for the finale. The first part was going to be Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent as Turks going through Whirlwind Maze with Reno & Rude, 2nd was a Phantom Train with Cid, Yuffie, and Red XIII, 3rd was never drafted in any way. If you peek at the Whirlwind Maze files you'll find some fragments of those prototype scripts.

As for your bug, I'm not sure but I think this issue popped up in the past as well. I'd advise trying different party comps; I used Barret & Tifa (I think) for the test run so they'll likely be the most stable.

thx onegaminus.

- I don't know how you could be doing the battle against lucrecia if you only have the sub so far. -

i got no race bred gold chocobo, which i rode 1. time to cave, fought a number of battles, went 2. time after getting sub, got lucrecia battle, to strong atm, left it for later.

Cid's Lv.4 Limit was changed slightly; when you've returned from the bottom of North Crater, talk to Shera and then go round back. The sidequest is now handled by a technician working on the Tiny Bronco.

I'm currently trying to math out if there's a way for Cait Sith to achieve 255 in all stats through Transformation.  You don't need much Luck, at least - Cait Sith can cap out at around 153 iirc

I think he gains the base-average of the party for each stat, which is then given a modifier:

Attack = Atk + [100% * Atk]
Magic = Mag + [20% * Mag]
Defence = Def + [20% * Def]
M.Defence = MDef + [20% * MDef]
Dexterity = Dex - [50% * Dex]
Evasion = Def% - [20% * Def%]
M.Evasion = MDef% - [50% * MDef%]
Luck = Lck

So for Luck, you're going to need 255 on every character to get that average. Of bigger concern are the Dexterity and Evasion stats, which are given a penalty for their modifier. Def% also doesn't use Dexterity bonuses when calculated, only the raw stat average given by armour.

Attack 'adds' itself, so you need an average of 127-128. Magic, Defence, and MDefence need something in the 210-220 range to reach 255. I suspect that Dexterity can't be left at 255 due to the subtraction being made to it. The evasion stats can't reach the maxes either, though Yuffie's innate being active could lift it up a little.

contenance

• View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: 2017-04-20 08:48:21 »

Here are the changes: proc-rates for things like Cover and Counter-Attack. Cover starts at 20% and raises in 10% increments for a max of 50% chance (but they can be stacked onto each other so two mastered Covers on a character = 100% proc chance). All counter Materia starts at 10%, and rises by 10% each time for a max of 50% chance. Sneak Attack was changed so that it now maxes out at 100% chance instead of 80%. Final Attack has a max of 2 charges (but might be 1 charge now, not sure). A number of Materia were set to be 1-Star and/or to drop as Mastered so that they are unique and only one is available (Summon Materia, for instance). The relation between Support Materia and others is the same.

Some new spells replace old ones. Lagomorph is Frog + Mini combined together. Pearl and Hydro are Contain-level spells for Holy and Water element that appear on the Ultima Materia (renamed to Planet Materia); has Ultima spell on it too. Death was removed in favour of the spell Remove which had the same effect. Poisona was dropped in favour of Osmose for MP regeneration. A lot of the Enemy Skill effects were changed too.

Great, thank you! That is what i have been looking for.

Have you also made changes to "Barrier"? I am pretty sure that the "Reflect" effect of this materia bounces spells back two times. After trying around a bit with this materia (Currently at Lambda Calcule) I have noticed that the materia bounces spells back more that two times. This is pretty annoying when I want to use cure ony my party and there is still one or more charges left of the reflect spell.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: 2017-04-20 09:52:37 »
Lol yeah the reflect happens 4 times on both sides each, so 9th time it affects enemy if you hit it first with a spell. Dunno if your whole party would be affected by all+cure that way try it,off course aim cure at enemy first so it ends up on you.

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: 2017-04-20 10:22:40 »
Great, thank you! That is what i have been looking for.

Have you also made changes to "Barrier"? I am pretty sure that the "Reflect" effect of this materia bounces spells back two times. After trying around a bit with this materia (Currently at Lambda Calcule) I have noticed that the materia bounces spells back more that two times. This is pretty annoying when I want to use cure ony my party and there is still one or more charges left of the reflect spell.

FF7's reflect behaviour is as follows:
-) Reflect given as a spell will have 4 charges/bounces in it.

-) When a single-target spell is bounced, it will hit a random target on the opposite 'team'.

-) When a multi-target spell is reflected by more than one actor (for instance, if your entire team has Reflect on and Fire+All was used on you) then each iteration of that spell will be reflected and cast separately. This can be used as a strategy to triple your spell damage output.

-) If the recipient of the bounced spell also has Reflect then it will be bounced back and forth until a target receives the damage.

-) For permanent Reflect effects such as Reflect Ring, spells can only be bounced once per turn in order to avoid permanent loops, but-

-) The Resist status affects Reflect, in that it will not deplete the number of bounces the effect has. So if you give someone Resist on top of Reflect then they essentially have unlimited Reflect...but without the 1 bounce per turn limitation of permanent Reflect effects. This can cause a crash if both you and the target have Reflect + Resist and a spell is bounced between you, as the target of that spell can never be resolved. The game will freeze the instant you confirm the spell target.

onegaminus

• View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: 2017-04-20 15:21:57 »
Viridian Weapon is kicking my ass. Any tips?

vertigom2

• View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: 2017-04-20 17:53:33 »
Loving the mod, just finished the Dark Cave sidequest and all I have left is Jenova/Sephiroth. One problem, I never got the Pulse Ammo or X-ATM core, and the lost and found technician only asks to fix Cid/Tifa's already completed limit quests. I'm confused as I'm up to date with all the hotfixes and all my search results are telling me that this was fixed and just to talk to the technician, which isn't helping.

Edit: Also, I got to Safer Sephiroth, got my ass kicked, then had the game continue as if I had won
« Last Edit: 2017-04-21 09:05:32 by vertigom2 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: 2017-04-21 13:47:24 »
Viridian Weapon is kicking my ass. Any tips?

Not at home at the moment, but all Weapon bosses should be weak to Hidden. You can get this element onto weapons using Elemental + non-elemental Materia (some don't work mind), and for spells Shadow Flare carries Hidden on it. Viridan's AI is unchanged from Ruby Weapon (this has changed for 1.5 though), so the usual gamut of tricks can be used; you can keep a party of 3 by going in with 2 of them KO'd and then reviving them. The tentacles counter-attack damage dealt to the boss (so be careful when attacking) and there's a slew of statuses and elements that can be guarded against to simplify things. For damage, you'll want to have access to the North Crater so you can build Materia on the Left-Up path (Magic Pots accept Ethers now instead of Elixirs, and both they and Movers give much more AP than before for fast Materia mastering).

Loving the mod, just finished the Dark Cave sidequest and all I have left is Jenova/Sephiroth. One problem, I never got the Pulse Ammo or X-ATM core, and the lost and found technician only asks to fix Cid/Tifa's already completed limit quests. I'm confused as I'm up to date with all the hotfixes and all my search results are telling me that this was fixed and just to talk to the technician, which isn't helping.

Edit: Also, I got to Safer Sephiroth, got my ass kicked, then had the game continue as if I had won

Core should have been dropped by X-ATM in Barret's Lv.4 Limit fight. Pulse Ammo should have been obtained during the Dark Cave sidequest. If they're missing, then it's likely because I've been shuffling things about too much and dropped them out of the script by accident. The technician is my debugger NPC that checks for var flags and gives out stuff that wasn't dropped when it should have; there's been a lot of script changes in NT recently and some of the rewards weren't placed properly. I'll check the Safer thing, probably a battle mode thing.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: 2017-04-21 21:01:10 »
I saw you recently updated the NT IRO? What is new in this one? Also whats this I see about a soft reset? I've been wondering about that for a while now.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: 2017-04-21 21:31:09 »
I saw you recently updated the NT IRO? What is new in this one? Also whats this I see about a soft reset? I've been wondering about that for a while now.

Install R05 and then NT on top of it. Then you can use the soft reset as it is on the psx version (ATM it forces game over).

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: 2017-04-21 21:55:22 »
Where do I get Reunion05? The one showing up in my 7th heaven is R03

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: 2017-04-21 22:06:10 »
R05 is not in 7thHeaven. EQ2Alyza is waiting to update the 7H version from R03 until R06 is available, because it's just on the horizon.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: 2017-04-21 22:09:15 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.0

I would install both mods without 7th Heaven. Not sure if Dan has altered the model loader.
We do wait for R06, since it will come with it own mod injecting. When it's released, we can better plan how to go on with 7th Heaven.

Edit
What Covarr said. Despite that R06 will have a true soft reset.

onegaminus

• View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: 2017-04-22 03:48:44 »
Well, I just finished the game with this mod! Man I gotta say, I had a great time with it.

One big question I had was: why not have the final cinematic? I mean, I know it kind of breaks the plot flow a bit, but I still would have loved to see it at the very end. It also surprised me that the credits were cut out too.

Other than that, the surprise at the final, final fight was really cool and a lot of fun. It was also nice to beat this game while being pretty overpowered for once. I went ahead and did all the side stuff so the final bosses were cake, and I really like that option got left in.

I know you're putting the finishing touches on the mod, but maybe make them truly difficult in the hard version? It's just a thought.

That said SegaChief, thanks for all the hard work. Really. This breathes new life and love into one of my top 5 games all time and my absolute favorite FF. You're the man, man.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: 2017-04-22 14:15:26 »
Well, I just finished the game with this mod! Man I gotta say, I had a great time with it.

One big question I had was: why not have the final cinematic? I mean, I know it kind of breaks the plot flow a bit, but I still would have loved to see it at the very end. It also surprised me that the credits were cut out too.

Other than that, the surprise at the final, final fight was really cool and a lot of fun. It was also nice to beat this game while being pretty overpowered for once. I went ahead and did all the side stuff so the final bosses were cake, and I really like that option got left in.

I know you're putting the finishing touches on the mod, but maybe make them truly difficult in the hard version? It's just a thought.

That said SegaChief, thanks for all the hard work. Really. This breathes new life and love into one of my top 5 games all time and my absolute favorite FF. You're the man, man.

I'm reinstating the last FMV and the last few bosses are getting the most work done to them; I'd like the mod to go out with a big bang, so having a good last few battles is right up there on the priority sheet.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5265 on: 2017-04-22 16:23:15 »
ive reached sector 8 during midgar raid mission and game crashes if i try to climb down first ladder. i switched off ochu, turned off all mods save music, same result. Help? here are applog and crash save files: 

https://app.box.com/s/yrnvp9e06fo8xh0d17wwys95xryd3r7x

also first save icon before descending into sector 8 also didnt work, just fyi.

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: 2017-04-22 17:53:27 »
Any idea when 1.5 is coming out sega?

WarDamnAlto

• View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: 2017-04-22 18:14:19 »
So, I've just made it to Nibelheim, and a friend playing alongside me says he has Deathblow.  Did I miss it?  I think I got an Added Cut in Gonzaga where it normally is.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: 2017-04-22 22:08:55 »
ive reached sector 8 during midgar raid mission and game crashes if i try to climb down first ladder. i switched off ochu, turned off all mods save music, same result. Help? here are applog and crash save files: 

also first save icon before descending into sector 8 also didnt work, just fyi.

I'll check the scene and work from there.

Any idea when 1.5 is coming out sega?

It'll be soon; I'm about to do Midgar Raid.

So, I've just made it to Nibelheim, and a friend playing alongside me says he has Deathblow.  Did I miss it?  I think I got an Added Cut in Gonzaga where it normally is.

In the flevel patch, I used the 1.5 flevel to avoid having to implement two separate sets of fixes for everything. This means you've got some 1.5 placements in your game; Deathblow was swapped with Added Cut.

Edit: No crash occurred when I went down the first ladder in the Midgar Raid. Disable every mod including that music mod and then try the ladder again.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-22 23:00:04 by Sega Chief »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: 2017-04-23 00:44:31 »
well if i disable all mods then 7H gives me message - no mods have been activated. i have to enable at least 1 mod for 7H to launch, thats why i left music, seemed least obvious to cause problem. tried launching ff7.exe directly, same effect. any suggestions?

here are my 7H settings screens maybe the culprit is there? they are in this folder in pics:

thx for the help.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-23 00:49:42 by lionheart82 »

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: 2017-04-23 04:23:43 »
Did you install New Threat separately, instead of installing it through 7H?

Because if so, that's your problem.

Ice30

• View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: 2017-04-23 11:24:29 »
Hi im trying to install this mod for the steam version using the standard installer and when I get into the game it's like nothing has been patched (don't get difficulty dialogue box coming up at the beginning after selecting new game either). The patcher says that it ran successfully and I even tried copying my data folder to the desktop to patch it there and it still didn't work after I copied that data folder into my install directory. I am running an english version so I didn't need to rename any files\folders.

If I try to run the patcher again it says that it won't patch over an already patched game.

Thanks for any help, I just bought ff7 on steam to play this mod.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: 2017-04-23 13:06:10 »
No all mods are through 7h. The only thing I can think of is i have certain graphics in folders copied instead of satsukis gfx mod in iro, so ill try removing it from mods textures folder and see. It wasnt a problem so far afaik.

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: 2017-04-23 13:56:18 »
Hi im trying to install this mod for the steam version using the standard installer and when I get into the game it's like nothing has been patched (don't get difficulty dialogue box coming up at the beginning after selecting new game either). The patcher says that it ran successfully and I even tried copying my data folder to the desktop to patch it there and it still didn't work after I copied that data folder into my install directory. I am running an english version so I didn't need to rename any files\folders.

If I try to run the patcher again it says that it won't patch over an already patched game.

Thanks for any help, I just bought ff7 on steam to play this mod.

Run file validation to have Steam reset the game to default, then try setting the installer to run as admin and make sure anti-virus isn't obstructing the installer .exe as well.

Ice30

• View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: 2017-04-23 14:12:53 »
Run file validation to have Steam reset the game to default, then try setting the installer to run as admin and make sure anti-virus isn't obstructing the installer .exe as well.

Thanks Sega. I kind of assumed my AV wasn't the problem because after a recent update it hasn't been working yet little did I know it was still running some processes in the background. I fully uninstalled my AV, rebooted and tried again and it worked perfectly. Thanks a lot for your help and all your hard work on the mod!