Author Topic: [FF7PC] Sephiroth Story mod with new villian and motive! (2016-01-08)  (Read 83118 times)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Iro and related files:
go to this link to get Iro http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hlg6qw6wh2u36jw/weapon%20and%20item%20patch.WM?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hksitiqzrbku19z/FF7-ProjectS.exe?dl=0
Safer exe: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rtqx6c79011ewj/ff7-projectS-Safer.exe?dl=0
For info on how the catalog link works go here.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

Update: As of the current release of 7th Heaven catalog 2.0 this version of the Iro is highly out of date and not optimal.  Go to the link provided as EQ2 has made a very advanced version with all the configurations and in-built compatibility options for others mods.  Once Safer is done then the mod will be completely done and once I get the expansion fights to work properly I will provide that to her as well.  After that I fully plan to make my version of the crisis core events with Sephiroth and new soldier members along with Zack and Cloud.  I will also go back and redo some scenes in the original story mod to make it flow better and naturally.  More on these at a later date as not sure when I will dedicate all my free time to those projects.

Update: updated the iro's to allow for changing of Cloud's weapons minus slayers.  The masamune sound files are properly changed to have the correct slash sound.  EQ2 was notified of the updates so be patient for her release.

update: Gave EQ2 files for my Safer and weapons and battle model swaps.  For now only Sephiroth weapons work right.  I may have to redo Clouds as there are issues with them showing up correctly.

update: got in contact with EQ to get my mods in the iro for 7th Heaven.  It will include the core game and any other updates to it there.  I will add the link along with the old one.  Be on the look out for it soon.  Got Sephiroth versions relatively done.  Next is Cloud's battle model and weapons.  Then after that is the expansion with some great new items for Sephiroth and materia.

Update: added files for Safer Sephiroth in a standalone Iro.  More to come if this update works.  I'll upload the exe after I test it to make sure it worked right.

Update: When you first reach Corel when the three npc's get angry at "Barret" have Tifa in the party and in the third slot.  I hope this to be temporary and hope to figure out what is going on to make the map to fire off right.

update: So I did a down and dirty making damage and death animation.  Ansem successfully modded the rtab to register them.  I hope to one day take care of item and special attack animations.

update: Just realized I forgot to change the revision on the google drive.  This should be fixed now and you should have 3.25 as the latest one.

update: Here it is the new iro.  Here is a patch notesish run down nothing really major yet.  Things really needed are clean up and ensure a smooth playthrough:
Fixed the Barret animations affecting Cloud's who he replaces.  He should be using his and the sounds associated with them.
Fixed Sephiroth's weapons missing or in the wrong spot.
Fixed some text issues
Still going through and fixing text issues and may need to redo the final battle area if it doesn't fire off right.

Update: This is to show that one I am alive and kicking and life willing i'll be around for a little while longer.  Two this will outline what is left for this portion of the mod.  Things to do is give support options for the menu overhaul and reunion patch.  I'll update this with essential patch notes.  Finally verifying the final fight goes as intended.

Update: uploaded a new exe to support the new to old patcher one so the text does not look screwy.

Update: fixed an issue that caused Vincent not to show and lock you in the elevator scene.

Update: fixed and issue that made you stuck on the plate mission when talking to Tseng after battle with Rino.  I am actively playing myself to catch any unforeseen bugs.  Just got to that part so it'll be a slow play through.  If you come across something further in just give me either a video of the actual mod or give me a very detailed explanation of what is happening so I know if it is and improper window size or animation.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys when I set up the gdrive on VB it seems it changed the main link.  The new proper link is in so it should get the proper file.  Sorry again guys but you should be good to go. 8-)

Update: proper one is updated so the iro is correct and current.

Update: for some reason the new iro didn't go through.  I believe I may have fixed this.  Found the issue which I just derped and now loading in the right one and just waiting for it to finish.  Going slow so it my not be out for awhile.

Update: uploaded the changes to limit animations to use magic cast animation thanks to General Ironside.  Working on configuration settings for the iro.

Update: uploaded and update iro.  This should fix the chests and the flashback issues.  Will release other iro's for other Sephiroth projects I am working on.

Update: thanks to the formerly named General Ironside we have a fully working Safer Sephiroth with changes to the other limit breaks.  Now when you use them they'll have a magic cast animation when using them.  Once I get the testing done and such I'll make an iro version for those who need extracting for direct method and then a configuration setting that I am going to be working on in the future as there will be quite a bit of files to use.  Also planning on working on compatibility for menu overhaul and reunion.  So look forward to that.  I also got to set time aside for the prequel since I teased it.

Update: New and should be fixed IRO is up.  As I wait for the files to finish uploading here are the changes and plans I am making.  So Kalm Flashback fully tested and got the kinks worked out.  Now that that is settled I plan to go back and change the name change so it is just Sephiroth as the text gets messy with one word dialogue in the game.  Also working on configurations for iro users and going to try to rework the dialogue to make it make more sense who is saying who.  This will require some time and testing to get right.

Update: put the files and links to the top.

Update: added the link to 7th Heaven setup and how the catalog link works as some people may not know.  Added the new DA files for Cloud as he had the wrong ones.  Also most of the scripts relating to cait are replaced to say Barrett as Cloud replaces him.  Got a few more to go but got a majority of it done so this should tie you over for awhile.

Update: added the limits link at the bottom next to the iro and weapon pack.  Released a new update to give the proper renaming table when recruiting Cloud.  Also Kyte model was missing in some flashback scenes those are fixed now.  Next is to edit the script a little to make the scene go right like Sephiroth telling Kyte everything and it reflecting right.

Update: going to try to take out the Sephiroth field char.lgp as it is not needed since you can match it with other fields.  Also going to make the dragon more balanced.

State of compatibility with other mods.  Do not use gameplay tweaks or menu overhaul as it will mess up the battles as this mod only uses the old flevel and exe.  At some point with others blessings and when I can learn how to make configurations in the mod that will happen.  What I suggest you do is turn on other mods with this one by one to figure out which go with it well.  The iro should be working fine unless you get those errors and have those mods on.

update: misunderstood how the scene.bin worked thought the little exported scenes would work but now I repacked them in the main scene.bin so it should work.  Later going to test the naming of the folder is see if that was what I was doing wrong.  Otherwise the iro should be good to go now.

Update: New iro uploaded and is the right one so download away.  Part two: made a kernel patch as 7H heaven will not use them yet.  The link is under the catalog.  Be sure to use Wallmarket to apply the patch then save it and close.

Update: Iro went bad as I tried to use the windows 8 7H to setup the iro and it didn't like that.  This should be the right one now as I used the windows 7.

Update: So almost forgot to fix the Red Dragon battle (slam head against the wall).  Probably got to do that for the blue dragon too do that later.

Update: So everything should run smoothly now and hopefully this is the last one except for hopefully minor tweaks still left.  Also put the version number to it's proper number and zipped the exe for the limit breaks.  Just have 7H Heaven use it.  Going to replay it myself and hope that it is all good.  Notice anything please let me know.  If anyone can tell me how to do the hex part for it to go into the iro then please give me idiot instructions on how.  Otherwise use this https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v1zvizuscl9jj8/Story%20mod%20limits.zip?dl=0

update: fixed the final boss fight and changed some variables and hopefully the fix the game over bugs if you are getting those.  Kyte is not changed in all his scenes yet so you'll notice variations.  I was going to wait until I gave him the new look everywhere but figured you guys waited long enough for the boss fights.

Update: Well guys sorry I haven't been fully active on here.  I am still working on the Sephiroth Animations and using Cloud for more animations.  I think I can get the coat tails in but they will be a little tricky.  The worst will be the hair I just need to figure out where to attach and make it a single piece.  I will probably make different hair styles with him later on down the road.  Got into a weird snag with the story.  I think when I moved stuff over to a flash drive the one I was using got moved over.  I will most likely copy over another flevel from the IRO.  I will try to get to those bugs towards the end of the game soon.  After that is set I will move to plans for the prequel Sephiroth version.  Till then I hope you are enjoying most of the mods that I have unleashed.

Update: Well I promised to give you guys something and here it is.  Keep in mind this is not a 100% finished.  Let me know of any bugs you come across.  Use your 7th heaven to update the sub.

update: I am planning to release another version and it will have changes to how a limit will be acquired and Cloud will replace Barret's model instead and will use his weapons and edited appropriately.  I am not sure when I will put it up but plan to have it up hopefully before the weekend is over.  He will still replace Cait in the field but since the limits will be stuck using his mechanics I had to redo it.

update: So there is a slight problem with Cloud's limits.  It seems that on the second limit the slot will still come up.  I may have to swap Cloud out with Barret though Cait will still be replaced.  I just need to edit Barret accordingly.

update: So I tried to get the kernel and scene bin to work with 7th Heaven but it can't read the files.  Until there is support for it stick to the two patches.  Everything else will go through the iro and the exe for the limit mod is recommended to be rename FF7-ProjectS.exe and set in the settings to be launched through 7th Heaven.  Keep in mind you'll need this for a shop in the HQ.

update: I seem to have fixed the catalog issue!  Now when I get another revision I'll go through any steps that might need to change and be done by you.  It seems for some reason it was set to the old version and was locked in it.  There can be many factors for this to occur.  One it is a good idea to go through the 7th heaven folder that gets created after you install mods.  For some unknown reason it likes to keep all versions.  More then likely all versions until this one are still version 1.  To fix this you'll need to go into the folder delete all versions you have if you don't have the just newly added correct version 3.  Once that is done uninstall the mod then restart 7th Heaven.  When that is done relaunch 7th Heaven then redo the steps to install the mod and download it.  When it is done you should be able to activate it and see the changes.

Update: made installation easy to do now it should be a one click process after initial setup for any updates and there will be many.  Steps to install the mod first you'll need 7th Heaven.  Clear the appdata cache so 7th heaven is no longer saved in it.  Once that is done launch it again and when it prompts you click yes on both options.  Then in the sub paste the link provided.  Once that is done click the workshop button and click check subscriptions now.  Once that is done click on the catalog tab and you should see the mod with a very nice picture of Sephiroth compliments of cmh175.  Click the download button and wait for it to download then go to library and hit search then you should be set to activate it.  When it pops up I suggest you right click and set it to update automatically.  The only thing that isn't in it is the limits as that is exe based.  Just keep the exe provided in my other release and rename it to -projectS if you like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufiphrto2153ssh/Sephiroth%20Story%20Mod.iro

Update: added the boss battle mod patch for Proud Clod I thought that only one was needed turns out I was wrong.  So apply this patch along with the ultimate weapon drop.

Update: Created a folder with all the folders named after the lgp for ready to do installation just take out the two patch files and patch them with Proud Clod and Wallmarket.  For the exe just use the limit break one and rename it FF7-ProjectS.exe and go to settings in 7th heaven to have it launch the new exe.

Update: Thanks to cmh175 I have successfully made Sephiroth bootleg compatible with the new weapon mods for Cloud thanks to slayernext and Millinia for supplying two awesome mods.  When Cid's or if his get reworked i'll update his a well but for now just the normal weapons.

Ran into some more issues but working to fix them.  For one the final battle is broken working to fix the issue and Kyte will look very different from how I wanted him to look.  So anyway don't fight the final boss of Kyte till I fix it.  Also treaking the other fights and the first Kyte fight will drop what Jenova does.

update: I believe I have fixed and issue that makes the game think Sephiroth is Barret.  I believe this happened when I was tweaking the kernel one time and forgot about it.  I believe I fixed this issue.  Also added a chibi version of Kyte which will replace Cloud's buster sword field model.  Just use a Char lgp with the chibi version and patch him in or us ulgp to encode him.  Not sure how the head will look as the original files are clearly noticeable from each other.  However if some who knows how to make it work better then be my guest but just give credit where it is due please.  If you have the old patch of the kernel bin please use wallmarket to patch it.  Also for those stuck on the flashback because of this issue please us BC to change him to the right person and that should fix any issues.

Today I finally release my story mod for playing Sephiroth.  There is still a little work left to do.  I am releasing it so you guys don't have to wait.  Details towards the end of the readme.

I like to thank everyone for the wonderful tools for without them this would not be possible.  Naturally all the characters except maybe Kyte as he his my concept of character are owned by Square and I have no right to any credit of the characters except maybe as I mentioned before.  I hope you all enjoy and any issues let my know.  I know I have trouble with getting Sephiroth to show up by patching him in battle therefor I have to recreate the lgp.

You can also get it on my site.

Update: well the flevel will not patch for some god unknown reason.  The only way to get it for now is to use the lgp but as there is legal issue with the whole lgp even though it was heavily edited I still can't post it.  So far other patches work fine.  Alternatively what you can do is use 7th heaven.  Both versions will be in the download.

Added the animation for the past should continue on now.  The map is mtnvl6b.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-08 11:51:18 by genesis063 »

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

it saids on dropbox

the file has been deleted

so i can't download it

so can you reuploaded please

genesis063

• View Profile
I was updating try again.  Also I forgot to change around the limits for Cloud as Cait did that now working on the weapons.  The only thing is Cait has three less than him so I have to get them and figure out which one of them they actually are.

Hitachis

• View Profile
hey

it still saids nothing there on dropbox

thanks

genesis063

• View Profile
Waiting on it to finish and will then re post the link.

Update: link updated
« Last Edit: 2014-04-18 22:52:25 by genesis063 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
For legal reasons we can't link to full LGPs and EXE files. I recommend building patches, such as with xdelta, and either including an installer that applies them automatically, or a tutorial explaining how to apply the patches.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

I found a new glitch on your mod

when you bust in the seirra building

and when kyte fights with you, his model is not there in the battle scean

thanks

genesis063

• View Profile
hmm weird do you mean in the final battle or during the Jenova ones?  When I tried to do patching it never works.  Though I guess I was using them wrong.  Plus I think it was because it was read only and cant seem to get it off it.  Also I remember doing it before with my battle model release and it wasn't an issue.  I'll try to get the program and try working with it.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

I mean is

when you bust in the seirra buliding

and when you go in the evelator to beat random enemys before you fight the three guards

to get keycard 60th

thanks

genesis063

• View Profile
Hmm weird didn't mess with those.  I mostly left the original scripting of the game alone as far as items and such.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey genesis063

your mod softlocked on me today at the moko rector

when sephiorth went to kalm to talk about his past

and when they were about to enter the rector

the game softlocked

thanks

genesis063

• View Profile
What do you mean by soft locked?  It worked smoothly for me.  I'm also replaying so I may come across it too thanks for the updates with your progress appreciate it.  I am working to make them patches and distributing the files names so they can be used with others using 7th heaven.  I am also creating and exe version of the mod.  So you have many options to install the mod for your preference.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

After sephiorth saids tifa you wait here

nothing happens and the game gets stuck at that part forever

genesis063

• View Profile
What scene was this in?

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

after you leave magar for the first time

after beating motorball

and when the others tell you to go to Kalm

and when sephiroth talks about back when he was 10 years old

and after the bridge breaks apart and everyone falls down and they talk about the crystal

and they walk automanully to the rector and then tifa saids can i come in to and then nothing happens

take a look at this screenshot

« Last Edit: 2014-04-19 20:27:29 by Hitachis »

genesis063

• View Profile
Okay found the issue for some reason I missed the third animation that is suppose to play.  If you have Makou Reactor it is easily fixed my putting in erge for the young cloud or sephiroth model as it is now.  If not i'll be releasing a patch for it later.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey Genesis063

did you fix up that 1 broken animation

i told you about yesterday yet

and keep up the great work with this mod, i really like using it alot
« Last Edit: 2014-04-20 15:21:09 by Hitachis »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
You can easily create a patch with 7th Heaven.
You should try this thing out anyway, it would reduce drastically the size of the mod. After all you only need to pack added and/or swapped models, not the whole lgp archives. I also think that for the ff7.exe DLPB's Hext.dll could do a smarter job.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

I am just wondering

if you fixed up that 1 animation glitch with sephiorth past yet

let me know please

thanks

genesis063

• View Profile
Yes though i'm not sure it was included in the update.  It's easily fixed by hitting the green plus button on the model animations list and having the mentioned letters being at the end if you have makou reactor.  I'll take out the file and put it in the folder now though.  Kaldarasha the only thing with that is my 7th heaven is messing up also for the hext.dll I am a little ignorant on how to work with it to be honest.  If someone would like to do it and release it given due credit of course or give it to me to upload then they can go right ahead.  Also not apposed to learning.  The only thing though is the flevel I do have to use the whole thing as I edited almost all the maps in the field.  So far for that the huge folder is really the only option as I can't use the lgp.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

another bug report

when you fall off the bridge at sephiroth flashback

only three party members rejoin your group while kyte just stands there all day

stairing out at space doing nothing

and at part 2 of the flashback, when sephiroth goes into kyte mashion, it just goes to black screen of death all day forever

and is anyone else having these problems as well
« Last Edit: 2014-04-21 00:44:30 by Hitachis »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
I could take a look and try putting together the 7thHeaven mod. Shouldn't be too difficult really. Just send me a pm with everything necessary for it. And anything for extras, like a mod icon and preview images if you like. I'll send it back in a pm when it's ready.

genesis063

• View Profile
Thanks cmh175 that would be awesome if I can figure out why it wont work even on a fresh install.  I figure out why people are having problems.  For some reason it thinks Sephiroth is Barret.  I think it came from when I was messing with the files in the Kernel bin.  Easy fix is to use BC to edit him back then the script should fire or normally.  I created a patch for it so once you use that it should run smoothly.  Editing certain scenes to make it more natural like the mako fountain scene.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

what BC program is genesis063 talking about

thanks

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

Is he talking about using black chocboo to fix the flashback problem
« Last Edit: 2014-04-22 11:11:50 by Hitachis »