Miscellaneous Forums > Gameplay

WIP coming soon your very own battle simulator on Highwind

(1/2) > >>

genesis063:
I did a test for making a battle simulatorish thing for FF7.  How it works is that there will be an NPC on Highwind and at some point there will be variables for boss battles.  This can be very usefull for people wanting to test out their new bosses without wanting to go back through the game.  This is still in beginning stages but I will work hard to get this out to you guys when I can.  Screenshots will follow soon.

nfitc1:
That sounds fantastic. If you're going to release this then you should make it so that you can't get rewards from it.

genesis063:
I'll probably do two versions of it.  One for those that like to be ahead of the curve and those who look for a challenge.  This will also be useful for those have missed enemy skills and such.  So what I am looking at now is having the bosses before the highwind to be unlocked right away.  After that the challenge is figuring out the scripting process necessary to make new bosses being fought then it goes back to the list with them available.  Though that may take me awhile as I will have the string of text and such massive in scope which is probably why it was never done before.

cmh175:
This sounds really great. Will we also gain the experience points for these battles or will it work like the battle arena? Being able to use it as a training center to quickly gain exp would be really cool.

genesis063:
Yes that was what is meant by having the get ahead of the curve thing.  Also it will help out a ton for Nightmare.  I'm not sure if there is a way to make it exp only though if battle square does it I can copy from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version