Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam]SeeDReborn v4.1 Multi-Language [NEW! More Options!] (5/22/19)  (Read 557831 times)

neguer28

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn - FF8 Menu Overhaul v3.5 *UPDATED*
« Reply #375 on: 2017-01-15 23:42:26 »

Hello everyone! how can i get that in battle my number change to orange color when im going to die, and to the red skull when a partner is dead (like in the image below) in my game its turns yellow and when someone is dead is a red zero... im using seed reborn 3.5 with the spanish lenguage pack. Thank you

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #376 on: 2017-01-16 21:06:46 »
Hello everyone! how can i get that in battle my number change to orange color when im going to die, and to the red skull when a partner is dead (like in the image below) in my game its turns yellow and when someone is dead is a red zero... im using seed reborn 3.5 with the spanish lenguage pack. Thank you

Sorry - the other languages are only able to use 3.2 right now.  I will be updating the mods in the near future!

blaydes99

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2017-02-16 05:36:32 »
Hi Mcindus, I really love the mod, and was hoping that I could also get the English fonts/text style which I believe you had in your 3.2 version, which where smoothed and more closely resembled the original fonts. Do you have a link to the earlier sysfld00 / sysfld01 PNGs that used the previous font? I've searched quite a bit and haven't been able to track them down...

Alternatively, if you can post the download for the 3.2 version of your mod, that would also do the trick. If you can help, I'd really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: 2017-02-16 16:15:53 by blaydes99 »

t87.rave

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2017-02-21 02:18:26 »
please i need SeeD Reborn v3.2 (english) can someone upload it ......

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #379 on: 2017-02-23 17:42:18 »
Hi Mcindus, I really love the mod, and was hoping that I could also get the English fonts/text style which I believe you had in your 3.2 version, which where smoothed and more closely resembled the original fonts. Do you have a link to the earlier sysfld00 / sysfld01 PNGs that used the previous font? I've searched quite a bit and haven't been able to track them down...

Alternatively, if you can post the download for the 3.2 version of your mod, that would also do the trick. If you can help, I'd really appreciate it!

please i need SeeD Reborn v3.2 (english) can someone upload it ......

I've updated the main post with the link to the old version (3.2) for those of you who want it!  If you only want the old fonts, but the new icons - just copy the sysfld00 / sysfld01 folders from /textures/sy/ - from the old version into the new one and replace the files!

blaydes99

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2017-02-23 21:07:36 »
Hi Mcindus, I was able to grab the download for 3.2 at the main post. Thank you good sir for adding this file. We love the mod!

Nephalès

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2017-04-24 10:28:42 »
Hi !

I am new, your mods are very good, it changes life ^^
I can not run this mod, I do not know which files to merge and replace.
I tried to put the folders "fa, gf, ic, ma, st & sy" in textures but it does not work  :(
An idea ?

Thank you !

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #382 on: 2017-04-24 14:42:29 »
Hi !

I am new, your mods are very good, it changes life ^^
I can not run this mod, I do not know which files to merge and replace.
I tried to put the folders "fa, gf, ic, ma, st & sy" in textures but it does not work  :(
An idea ?

Thank you !

For every mod, you need to put the hashmap file (ends in .csv) into tonberry/hashmaps/  - for example, seed reborn has a file SeeDReborn_hm.csv that needs to go in that hashmap folder for the mod to work.  It's available on the original post - and is also available on the Tonberry Master Mods List.

Nephalès

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2017-04-24 15:40:08 »
For every mod, you need to put the hashmap file (ends in .csv) into tonberry/hashmaps/  - for example, seed reborn has a file SeeDReborn_hm.csv that needs to go in that hashmap folder for the mod to work.  It's available on the original post - and is also available on the Tonberry Master Mods List.

Thank for your reply.
I had put "SeeDReborn_FR_hm" that's what's blocking ?

Nephalès

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2017-04-24 17:40:44 »
Good news, I managed by moving some files  :)
« Last Edit: 2017-04-24 19:34:52 by Nephalès »

kaspar01

• FFVIII Fan & Collector , 3D Artist , FF8RP-WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2017-05-24 20:14:44 »
any news about italian version (the one coming "very soon") ?

Also I'd like to ask if anyone already made a mod to replace the intro images (should be the lsz files or somethig..) ..you know.. the SQUARE logo and the  black and  white images while the overture music plays.. those ones :)

I could help a bit whith the HD images if someone tell me how to write the code :)

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #386 on: 2017-05-24 21:39:42 »
any news about italian version (the one coming "very soon") ?

Also I'd like to ask if anyone already made a mod to replace the intro images (should be the lsz files or somethig..) ..you know.. the SQUARE logo and the  black and  white images while the overture music plays.. those ones :)

I could help a bit whith the HD images if someone tell me how to write the code :)

I've been too busy to work on it directly, but I've got Nedus working behind the scenes on the Italian release of SeeDReborn.  With my direction, he's been doing a great job - but we have a couple of bugs to work out.

I've actually got all of the starting intro images with hashcodes, etc. and 'upscaled' a few of the replacements.  It's impossible to replace the intro 'text' and the square logo with the current version of tonberry, but I can send the intro files to you if you like, as I don't have time to work with them right now.

Nedus

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2017-05-24 21:54:42 »
I've been too busy to work on it directly, but I've got Nedus working behind the scenes on the Italian release of SeeDReborn.  With my direction, he's been doing a great job - but we have a couple of bugs to work out.

I've actually got all of the starting intro images with hashcodes, etc. and 'upscaled' a few of the replacements.  It's impossible to replace the intro 'text' and the square logo with the current version of tonberry, but I can send the intro files to you if you like, as I don't have time to work with them right now.

Yup, we're working on it :)
We might release some sort of "incomplete version" sooner or later, but that is for Mcindus to decide.
And guys, don't get tricked by Mcindus' nice words; he is the one doing a great job, and all the "black-magic-side" of the modding. Not me. I'm just a random monkey trying to land a hand >.<

kaspar01

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2017-05-25 22:11:21 »
I can work on those images (I actually have something ready to use too)
Yup, we're working on it :)
We might release some sort of "incomplete version" sooner or later, but that is for Mcindus to decide.
That would be good already!
I couòd help whith it also (whith the graphical part I mean)

Nedus

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2017-05-26 06:40:30 »
If you want to help, that's fine by me.
For all i know, the problem we stumbled upon may be caused by some mistake/s i made during various tests processes. Maybe you can find what's the problem.

So, if Mcindus has nothing against it, i have nothing against you joining the project.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #390 on: 2017-05-26 16:27:23 »
If you want to help, that's fine by me.
For all i know, the problem we stumbled upon may be caused by some mistake/s i made during various tests processes. Maybe you can find what's the problem.

So, if Mcindus has nothing against it, i have nothing against you joining the project.

The more, the merrier!  Community projects are always better. 

If this isn't clear about me:  I want everyone to dig in to my mods and make them better.  These are the community's mods.  With  my mods as a template, people should be able to just replace my art with thier own - and since Omzy, FatedCourage, Shunsq, and I have already paved the hashmap road, the sky is the limit!

My only request: If you're working on tonberry mods, let the community know!  We need people working together on projects to make sure these mods are completed!

kaspar01

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2017-05-27 08:02:16 »

I'm not good at coding but if it's a texture/UV problem maybe I could figure out something (yet I have to see it first)

The more, the merrier!  Community projects are always better. 

If this isn't clear about me:  I want everyone to dig in to my mods and make them better.  These are the community's mods.  With  my mods as a template, people should be able to just replace my art with thier own - and since Omzy, FatedCourage, Shunsq, and I have already paved the hashmap road, the sky is the limit!

My only request: If you're working on tonberry mods, let the community know!  We need people working together on projects to make sure these mods are completed!

I agree and I'm willing to share my results especially because this community gave me a lot to me and I'd like to give something back :)

Nedus

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2017-05-27 16:30:57 »
Today Mcindus adressed the issue and i think it is fixed now.
We still need to talk about a couple of things but, with a bit of luck, maybe in 1-2 days there will be an "early release".

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2017-05-28 07:07:12 »
Just wanted to say thanks again to the entire Qhimm community, there's too many talented and great people to mention; in the meantime I've been redoing FFVIII main menu, here's a preview and download link here or here for those interested.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #394 on: 2017-05-28 21:59:01 »
Just wanted to say thanks again to the entire Qhimm community, there's too many talented and great people to mention; in the meantime I've been redoing FFVIII main menu, here's a preview and download link here or here for those interested.

Gorgeous!  Do you want me to include it in the next rendition of SeeDReborn?

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2017-05-28 22:20:37 »
Feel free to include it Mcindus although I had a really bad surprise when creating the final files since I wrongly choose the source so I had to vertically stretch the art (the flare should be round), so maybe I'll update it later. :-D

Edit: So yeah, it actually was the game that vertically stretch the textures using nearest-neighbor interpolation (wich explains the poor display, same for the in-game menu's font compared to field dialogue) so I had to stretch the source. Download v2 here or here.

« Last Edit: 2017-05-29 00:34:57 by 5way »

Laeko_Zr0

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2017-05-31 12:24:38 »
Will the 3.2 version of the mod work on the latest Tonberry? If not, which version of it do I have to downgrade it to?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #397 on: 2017-06-01 17:29:21 »
Will the 3.2 version of the mod work on the latest Tonberry? If not, which version of it do I have to downgrade it to?

Yes - SeeDReborn v3.2-v3.5 use the same hashmaps and should be used with the latest version of Tonberry :)

In the next few weeks, this mod will get the following work:

1.  Italian Release! (v3.5) - I may release a v3.2, but at a later date
2.  English v3.21 - Glitch/Alignment fixes (Clean-up)
3.  Foreign Language Packs v3.21 - Glitch/Alignment fixes (Probably a few months out, TBH)
4.  Foreign Language Packs v3.5 - (Probably will release at the same time as the v3.21 updates)

Also, by August/September there will be a HUGE update!

SeeDReborn v4.0 Modernized UI and Theme Packs
[English Only]

Includes:
     - "Themes"  --  In the works:  Main Theme, Rinoa Theme, FFVII Inspired Theme, FFIX Inspired Theme
     - Updated/condensed hashmaps
     - Updated/Condensed Files (Mod will be 1/3 the size of v3.5)
     - Faster loading times due to less memory draw/injection
     - Custom UI colors/icons to match futuristic FF8 'feel'.
     - Updated Header Text
     - New Borders
     - Various Overhauled Elements and Limit Break Sprites

Optional Downloads:
     - Title Screen Selections
     - Character/GF Avatar Selections (Theme Variations)
     - Text Window Color/Gradient selections
     - Colorblind Version (Main Theme Only)
     - Font Selections:  Modern (v3.5), Classic (v3.2), and the Various Theme Fonts (Inspired by Balamb, FF7, FF9) [Will also provide link to Yagami Lights PS1 HD font replacement thread]

As you can see, I'm skipping right to version 4 due to several updates to the UI as well as the option for using different "Themes".  This version of the mod is meant to give FF8 a more modern look and feel to align more properly with the story of the game as well as giving customizable theme options.  The 'classic' version of SeeDReborn (v3.2) was designed to be 'as close to the original game' in it's appearance and feel and will essentially become the Classic Theme.  With 3.5, I took a true modder's approach, and I'm continuing in that vein to provide a more customized and unique FF8 experience.

If anyone out there wants to help out with any of the icons, fonts or themes let me know!  The more people that contribute, the faster the community gets a release!  If no one contributes, this might take me until December ;)  If that's the case, I will be releasing each "Theme" in stages, so there will be -something- to download by Sept.

Also - if there's anyone out there who might be able to help me with an installer for this mod to make customization easier, please contact me!
« Last Edit: 2017-06-01 17:35:56 by Mcindus »

Water Max

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2017-06-24 11:50:49 »
I've noticed that in this game the apostrophes, speech marks and quotation marks seem to always be facing the wrong way round even when I use the newest version of SeeD Reborn (v3.5). Is there any way to fix these errors?

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2017-06-25 13:33:38 »
Yes - SeeDReborn v3.2-v3.5 use the same hashmaps and should be used with the latest version of Tonberry :)

In the next few weeks, this mod will get the following work:

1.  Italian Release! (v3.5) - I may release a v3.2, but at a later date
2.  English v3.21 - Glitch/Alignment fixes (Clean-up)
3.  Foreign Language Packs v3.21 - Glitch/Alignment fixes (Probably a few months out, TBH)
4.  Foreign Language Packs v3.5 - (Probably will release at the same time as the v3.21 updates)

Also, by August/September there will be a HUGE update!

SeeDReborn v4.0 Modernized UI and Theme Packs
[English Only]

Includes:
     - "Themes"  --  In the works:  Main Theme, Rinoa Theme, FFVII Inspired Theme, FFIX Inspired Theme
     - Updated/condensed hashmaps
     - Updated/Condensed Files (Mod will be 1/3 the size of v3.5)
     - Faster loading times due to less memory draw/injection
     - Custom UI colors/icons to match futuristic FF8 'feel'.
     - Updated Header Text
     - New Borders
     - Various Overhauled Elements and Limit Break Sprites

Optional Downloads:
     - Title Screen Selections
     - Character/GF Avatar Selections (Theme Variations)
     - Text Window Color/Gradient selections
     - Colorblind Version (Main Theme Only)
     - Font Selections:  Modern (v3.5), Classic (v3.2), and the Various Theme Fonts (Inspired by Balamb, FF7, FF9) [Will also provide link to Yagami Lights PS1 HD font replacement thread]

As you can see, I'm skipping right to version 4 due to several updates to the UI as well as the option for using different "Themes".  This version of the mod is meant to give FF8 a more modern look and feel to align more properly with the story of the game as well as giving customizable theme options.  The 'classic' version of SeeDReborn (v3.2) was designed to be 'as close to the original game' in it's appearance and feel and will essentially become the Classic Theme.  With 3.5, I took a true modder's approach, and I'm continuing in that vein to provide a more customized and unique FF8 experience.

If anyone out there wants to help out with any of the icons, fonts or themes let me know!  The more people that contribute, the faster the community gets a release!  If no one contributes, this might take me until December ;)  If that's the case, I will be releasing each "Theme" in stages, so there will be -something- to download by Sept.

Also - if there's anyone out there who might be able to help me with an installer for this mod to make customization easier, please contact me!
Can't wait!