Author Topic: [FF6] [OPEN BETA] Dancing Mad - FF6 Audio Replacement using MSU-1  (Read 17170 times)

Hal_Emmerich

• View Profile
Good evening;

Very excited to try this out, thanks for your hard work. I happen to be playing on my sd2snes (latest firmware). Is there anything in particular you would like tested?

Hal_Emmerich

• View Profile
A suggestion for the installer.

I'd propose for the 'custom' interface, the ability to load one of the presets.

For example: I love a lot of your music choices on your recommended list, however I can't get behind your choice for The Mystic Forest. It's a great track, but it doesn't quite fit the feel of the original. Likewise, I feel your choice for the World of Balance theme doesn't quite fit the tone of the original - great song, but it gets way too slow at points. This basically means I am left with manually subbing tracks in the file system or creating a whole set of songs for the game one song at a time. It would be much better if I could go 'I want the Developers Mix, but with these few songs changed'.

qwertymodo

• View Profile
I made an alternate-loop version of the Balance & Ruin tracks.  Personally, I think they sound better in-game, where Covarr tried to keep as much of the songs as possible, I tried to create seamless loops the way that the game typically would, and removed a lot of slow intros (especially the main battle theme really bothered me).  If you're interested, give it a try: http://www.mediafire.com/?wfe7e2n86b3mf78

insidious611

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
Unfortunately due to a new job I have next to no time to work on this lately. I will likely try to come out with a new Installer soon to incorporate Hal_Emmerich's suggestion (Why didn't I think of that?) though this may take a while as it'll involve editing the GUI which is a bit more work than changing the back-end functions of the installer (*shakes fist at Qt5*). I have *not* had any time to edit the ASM lately though, because this is an extremely time consuming process at this point due to how much time testing takes. I apologize for this.

I'll also look at the provided new set of music. Thank you for putting so much time into that. I might add that as a new option at some point.

Dark Phoenix

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I have noticed so far that when the game plays the sleep jingle (when you stay at an inn, etc), the music doesn't come back until you leave the inn/house/wherever you are.

For people trying to get a good comparison for the songs available in Dancing Mad, it's worth noting that the Music Player patch that is part of the Ted Woosley Uncensored Edition is compatible.  So you can test all the available songs right at the beginning of the game, in Narshe, to see how they sound.