Took a look at it. I'm intrigued, I might have to poke at this header some at some point and figure out if we can't find where the loop point value is and how it's calculated.
Unfortunately I'd have to basically back-convert our .pcms to OGGs, since they underwent heavy editing in some cases, and besides that the actual loop point is contained in the header of those, as Covarr and I didn't write the numbers down
For an update to the project, all's quiet on the bugtesting front, with only 5 bugs remaining, all of which were submitted months ago and 3 of which were known before I put in alpha-testing and have been held off until beta. I had someone apply to be an alpha tester but at this point it's a tad too late I'm afraid. I'll be poking for a new round of testers once I get ready to push into beta, which will be after I get Dancing Mad subsong switching and battle resume support working.
On a personal note, active work on the project on my part has been on an unofficial hiatus the last few months due to personal issues, in addition to preparations for an upcoming move from my current location in northern Illinois to southern Virginia. I felt the need to be honest with you guys on that front. But I promise that work will resume in March once I'm moved and settled in. Thanks your understanding.
I'd like to take an unofficial poll, actually, concerning resume support. Now that Higan has been updated to have official resume support, and presumably similar updates are in works to the SD2SNES's firmware (I wouldn't know as I don't have one and don't really check these things), should I actually continue with the hacky "faux resume" support I was working on, where the MSU-1 tracks would be muted temporarily to bring up the SPC battle/victory themes, and then brought back to full volume, or should I scrap that entirely in favor of cleaner code that focuses only on true resume support, falling back to current "no resume at all" functionality if it's absent?
The reason I ask is that the faux-resume support actually involves a lot of somewhat convoluted logic to implement, since I have to kind of bolt it onto the current code which is not designed to mute the MSU-1 without stopping it or switching tracks. It's not a lot of actual lines of code (the ASM patch in general is actually quite short) but it's a lot of stuff that makes the code harder to read and maintain, even when well commented.
True resume support on the other hand is the matter of setting a flag and then otherwise using the exact same logic I'm already using.
I'd also like to point out, not that I foresee this ever happening, but should something happen to me where I can no longer work on this project, I will release my source code in its current form to the public for someone to pick up on my work. Again, this is highly unlikely to happen, I'm enjoying working on this project and I fully intend to see it through to completion, but I wanted to make that clear.