Author Topic: Question: High Res Original Menu/Battle Command Interface  (Read 7743 times)

Beau Gilliam

• View Profile
Hello! I would like to know if Tifa's 7th Heaven has the High Res Original Menu/Font/Dialogue box/Battle Command Interface present in the old Bootleg's bootloader. Only the Transparent option is available in the openGL driver configurarion.

Here are some images depicting what I mean (do not mind the battle models/menu avatars):

How can I install this interface? If not, is it possible to install the mod manually without 7th Heaven or Bootleg?
« Last Edit: 2015-12-25 17:54:07 by Beau Gilliam »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Question: High Res Original Menu/Battle Command Interface
« Reply #1 on: 2015-12-25 23:13:08 »
I think that's the old Avalanche GUI. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9151.0

Beau Gilliam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-12-26 02:12:30 »
You are right about Team Avalanche's GUI. I tried installing it, but it did not recognize the World/battle textures/Menu Avatar from 7th Heaven.

Then I decided to install their High Res patch with world and magic textures, but this happened when I launched 7th Heaven:

I guess that If Team Avalanche's interface is not included in future 7th Heaven's updates, it might not be possible to use it anymore. Maybe I could make a Mod Request?  :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-12-26 07:05:31 »
Sure, you can make a request. I can't promise if it's possible for 7H, but I'll look into for the update following the next one.

Beau Gilliam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-12-26 17:07:33 »
Thank you! Even if it doesn't work, I really appreciate your efforts and I'm having lots of fun with all 7th Heaven mods! =)

raiden33

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-08 16:07:54 »
id like to 2nd this notion. i love this mod pack and easy to install package, however even tho the game looks so pretty, with the old GUI blocking half the screen in battles, its terribly bright blue background and horrid font it makes it very out of place with everything thing else being updated.

the GUI he posted is nice but there was a default one from the bootleg version that was really good. the only issue with it was it had no HP bars nor did it say what your max HP currently was so it made it hard to manage healing lol.

also the current GUI in your pack is bugged during battles, and font is too bold and squished together.

i would assume the avalanche team is fine with you puting thier stuff in your 7h, so if i was you just go with thier GUI 2.0.5. couldnt be overly complicated to inject png's into a few data files.

so for now ill just suck it up with the classic version, till you release a different GUI version. thx for your hard work.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-08 16:11:32 by raiden33 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-08 16:26:51 »
Check my last post about the current MO bug here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16592.0 --- It will be fixed in a patch this weekend.

Also, I've already discussed the Avalanche GUI in another thread. It's ok, I don't expect you to have read through the entirety of the forums with only 1 post count. All I can say is that I will look into whether it can be implemented or not. I haven't a clue since it's documentation is non-existent compared to Menu Overhaul, which tells me exactly what files are modified to easily put into the 7H Catalog.

raiden33

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-09 09:52:42 »
cool thanks. and your half right about the not being able to read every forum post cause i just made this account, i have read alot of the forums in search for a way to implement it myself somehow (but im new to the FFVII coding so if i really wanted to id need to learn more about it before actually accomplishing anything), but ya i missed that other discussion you had sorry. im glad to see your enthusiasm with this project you got going here tho :)

Beau Gilliam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-01-13 23:13:28 »
I really hope you add the Team Avalanche Battle GUI to 7th Heaven Mod Request list. I would love it transparent, showing the whole battle scene as made possible by the bootloader (New Battle Interface option).

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-01-19 19:47:23 »
got some time to play around settings.. same as some members above, i want the old battle gui for the full hp indicator.. but, i can't make the box transparent.. this is the team avalanche GUI.. if someone wants to know how i did it, i'm willing to post it here.. :)

*this is not the ff7.exe, for it will make the text and gui pixelated, this is from avalanche gui..*
*drawback: beacause+mo mod should be deactivated, so break cant be used; wonder if writing break 9999 into the ff7 settings will work..

EDIT:
will try to add these strings to settings later and try it out if it will work
break_9999limit=yes
new_battle_interface=on
transparent_dialogs=on

« Last Edit: 2016-01-19 20:38:36 by mitzmitra »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-01-20 01:21:59 »
Those settings were in Aali 0.7.11b but may not work with 0.8.x.

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-01-20 05:12:04 »
Those settings were in Aali 0.7.11b but may not work with 0.8.x.

just tried it, as you've said EQ2Alyza, it didn't worked.. ;D gonna wait for your 7H to have the OLD GUI HD.. :) more power!

Beau Gilliam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-01-28 04:51:04 »
got some time to play around settings.. same as some members above, i want the old battle gui for the full hp indicator.. but, i can't make the box transparent.. this is the team avalanche GUI.. if someone wants to know how i did it, i'm willing to post it here.. :)

It seems that what makes the Battle GUI transparent is Bootleg's bootloader configuration. It seems impossible (at least at the moment) to make the GUI transparent without it.

I hope Alyza may someday add this option on her mod requests. In the meanwhile, I'll be using Bootleg because I don't like very much Reunion's menu ovethaul and FFIX battle GUI interface.

Duellos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2016-02-24 10:50:34 »
Hello,

Exactly the menu I was looking for.
I hope it will be on 7th Heaven

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2018-01-25 00:09:06 »
I second this, it seems so many old mods have been edited/removed from qhimm to have their info removed, lots of "this is now obsolete use 7th heaven instead" when clearly its not obsolete.

From what I can tell there is no way to download bootleg now :(
« Last Edit: 2018-01-25 00:11:02 by Chrysalis »