Miscellaneous Forums > General Discussion

Who's excited to mod FFXV?

(1/3) > >>

cmh175:
Who else is excited to checkout the modding tools for FFXV? I think it's great that SE has been moving their games onto PC more and more, and is even releasing modding tools for FFXV. The possibilities are pretty huge with official tools. Maybe not quite to the point of Fallout and Skyrim, but that may just depend on us. More importantly, I'm just anxious to play with the modding tools so I can learn more about the Luminous Engine. They dropped it for Kingdom Hearts for UE4, which they began with immediately for FF7R, but hopefully that's just so the engine team can better refine their tools for future projects. Maybe the modding tools with the updated PC version of 15 were seen as an exercise to overcome the shortcomings of the engine during development.

https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-15-teases-mod-possibilities-with-civilian-cactuars/

Maki:
Yeah, XV is going to be extremely easy to mod due to the fact on how's it built. It has visual scripting, node based properties and you can freely edit the levels as they are just as in every other game engine. Cameras, actions are also not hardcoded, so everything is grabbed directly from files. That means a dedicated modder may be able to easily total convert the game to completely different genre. Unfortunately, file structures are ZLIB'bed + custom structure based on nodes, so we would need official modding tools for that.

KnifeTheSky77:
My GPU am cry. I'll have to hold off on this game until nvidia releases their next round of cards, seems like a bad time to upgrade.

The modding was a super cool move by SE

LeonhartGR:
Do you believe that a 1080Ti is a bad option too Knife? And who can even afford a Titan... pfff

ManuBBXX:

--- Quote from: LeonhartGR on 2018-02-23 21:51:07 ---Do you believe that a 1080Ti is a bad option too Knife? And who can even afford a Titan... pfff

--- End quote ---

I have 2 * 1080ti's, should do the trick in SLI for 4K uiltra, but I doubt one TI will be enough power to handle the game at this resolution
No problem indeed for 1080p of course

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version