Author Topic: Win2k FF7 works fine.... kinda [solved]  (Read 1880 times)

myblksi

Win2k FF7 works fine.... kinda [solved]
« on: 2006-04-24 11:32:58 »
Ok as seen somewhere on this forum (great stuff by the way) I followed a how to for win2k (blackhole was the poster):

1. Installed Win2k Application Compatibility Toolkit
2. Installed FF7 [maximum install]
3. Installed 1.02 / Riva TNT patch [software only, crashed otherwise]
4. Installed Chocobo-race patch
5. Used QFixApp exactly as described

THIS METHOD WORKS FOR WIN2K SP4....... (i'll yell so passerbys will notice, as it took me a while to find a good method)

However when using QFixapp the Create Fix Support doesn't work (ie. it goes through the motions... & looks good... but doesnt change the ff7exe)... To clarify ff7.exe works fine when run through QFixApp with the selected fixes, but when trying to 'export' the fixes and make the settings permanent, it appears to work but the game still crashes....

Any one with similar experiences feel free to chime in..... (I think this is why so many new ppl can't get ff7 working under win2k)

Anyway as I said ff7 works fine (I've put a few hours on it) if you run the exe within QFixApp, so i'll be happily gaming in the mean time.....

myblksi

OK OK
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-25 15:12:59 »
Hey, I think I have it fixed.... When I originally applied the patch it was without the Reunion patch on.... So I installed the Reunion patch and then, Re-applied the QFixApp patch. This didnt work so well..... To fix this I found the ff7.sbd file (/winnt/appPatch in win2k) and manually deleted it... Then once I applied the QFixApp patch again it took....

Well, I'll keep an eye out for any more small annoyances. I hope this will be of use to anyone else trying to run FF7 under win2k.

p.s. Oh yeah, Anyone who is involved in the NPC Reconstruction (and the ppl who helped get us this far) deserves a BIG pat on the back. You guys have awesome stuff here..... sh*t it even made me install an evil OS agian (im a linux guy) either way thanks every one who made the tools and worked on the patches..... My fiance has never played FF7 and will experience the game the way it should have looked......

NobodyImportant

• View Profile
Win2k FF7 works fine.... kinda [solved]
« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-01 00:53:26 »
All I've ever had to do (from a clean, fresh, just-after-formatting WinXP install) is install the movie player and apply the Choboco patch. I think WinXP and 2000 work the same way with FFVII.